[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Carl's Jr. CEO Wants to Open a Robot Restaurant Free of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6
File: kfy24vLw[1].jpg (84 KB, 976x976) Image search: [Google]
kfy24vLw[1].jpg
84 KB, 976x976
http://www.eater.com/2016/3/17/11254072/carls-jr-robot-restaurant

>Carl's Jr. head honcho Andy Puzder wants to open a new restaurant concept that's "employee-free," reports Business Insider.
> He believes the idea of a restaurant free of social interaction could be especially appealing to millennials, noting that young people seem particularly fond of ordering from kiosks over humans.

WHO ABSOLUTELY FUCKING HYPE?!
>>
this might be the best thing since amazon or self-check out.
>>
>>7480833
Why not link the business insider article? Also, ok.
>>
>>7480833
They should do this in actual restaurants instead. No more tips!
>>
there would still be other customers ruining the autistic social shutin experience
>>
I hope they don't do this in black neighborhood. You know those people don't know how to behave.
>>
Carl's Jr. Computer: Enjoy your EXTRA BIG ASS FRIES!
Woman at Carl's Jr.: You didn't give me no fries, I got an empty box.
Carl's Jr. Computer: Would you like another EXTRA BIG ASS FRIES?
Woman at Carl's Jr.: I said I didn't get any!
Carl's Jr. Computer: Thank you! Your account has been charged. Your balance is zero. Please come back when you can afford to make a purchase.
Woman at Carl's Jr.: What? Oh no, NO!
>>
File: 1457873150263.jpg (514 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
1457873150263.jpg
514 KB, 1280x1707
>tfw japan 1ups them by making robowaifu cafes
>>
>>7480860

Ideally, they'd still have a manager and maybe a technician in the store just in case the robots go down or they fuck up an order.
>>
this would be great, only for the fact that the carls around me suck dick because of the shitty employees.
>>
>>7480864
This should help you calm down. Please come back when you can afford to make a purchase. Your kids are starving. Carl's Jr. believes no child should go hungry. You are an unfit mother. Your children will be placed in the custody of Carl's Jr. Carl's Jr... "Fuck You, I'm Eating."
>>
File: pizza.webm (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
pizza.webm
3 MB, 320x240
Already been done by those masters of engineering, the Italians.
>>
>>7480861
I want to fuck that squash, why is she looking at me like that
>>
>>7480858
It will be security
>>
File: 1450459959892.jpg (32 KB, 610x480) Image search: [Google]
1450459959892.jpg
32 KB, 610x480
>>7480833
Fuck yes.
Dat mushroom swiss made to absolute perfection by burger flipping j.a.r.v.is.
>>
>>7480878
EXTRA BIG ASS FRIES
>>
>>7480860
Be sure to try our EXTRA BIG ASS TACO. Now with more MOLECULES.
>>
>>7480885
Yeah, but it breaks down 3 times a day and cost $6 million to build. Now, if only we could get the Japs on it...
>>
>>7480885

So 2.5 mins. That means if 4 people are in line it is 12.5 mins till I get pizza. That's not including people sitting there with their mouth wide open trying to figure out how to work the machine. So more like 15 to 20. And that's being conservative.

I won't even wait around if there's more than 1 person at a Redbox. Yes house mom, I'll stand behind you while you take your time picking out shitty movies.

Brokedick concept for food service.
>>
>>7480860
>>7480878
It's mortifying when Idiocracy's predictions for the future continue to come true.
>>
>Hello what is your name Sir?
>"sudo rm -rf /"
>>
>>7482308
you no its gunna b winblows tho bcuz microdick will shill hard 4 they're OS
>>
>>7482302
I can't wait to eat at Butt Fuckers
>>
>>7482302

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmZOZjHjT5E
>>
>>7482302
Nothing in it came true
>>
>>7482279
And now it's plastered with anime girls and the machine is designed to make it look like the pizza is coming out of an anime girl's cunt.
Now, if only we could get the Americans on it...
>>
If there's anything millenials hate, it's older people telling them what they prefer or want or need. Just some old fuck trying to cash in on his assumptions and stereotypes
>>
>>7482815
God why does cracked always have to shove an sjw agenda into every single thing they produce now. Cracked in 2008 was somewhat more tolerable but now its just Cucked.
>>
>>7482292
and we wont even talk about how the fucking dough is never risen, barely kneaded, the sauce is scant with no visables herbs in site, and theres literally 5 thin ass slices of cheese on this shit tier pizza
>>
>>7480833
Just another reason not to pay people to work.
>>
>>7480885
>Slices of cheese
>Literally no crust

Pass.
>>
>>7483830
American detected.
>>
Who gives a Shit bout that bring back the Jim beam bourbon burger
>>
>>7480885
pizza is definitely easier than burgers
>>
>>7483626
The whole world stinks, you best look under your own shoe.
>>
>>7482292
You do know 2.5 minutes is faster than a human right to make a pizza from scratch.

The only way humans can be faster is premade pizza. Either parts of the pizza already done like the crust to full pizzas already made sitting in a heater to be kept warm. Like slices from Costco.

you know you can have multiples of these units in a given establishment. That's multiple people being served at once. You're not limited to one.
>>
>>7483626
He's saying it would be a utopia compared to what we're probably going to be in 500 years.
I think.
I didn't watch the whole video, if you did and he goes full SJW then I apologize.
>>
>>7484546
Anyone who doesn't like the meme candidate is a SJW beta cuck.
>>
>>7483590
W-what?
>>
File: yea man.png (28 KB, 957x751) Image search: [Google]
yea man.png
28 KB, 957x751
>>7480833
>robots don't spit in food
>robots don't put ketchup on a burger ordered with mayo
>robots don't give you attitude because his g-friend fucked the boss
>robots don't leave you waiting at the speaker for 5 minutes to fuck with you because you are white.

I am OK with this
>>
>>7480833
that what they get for demanding 15 and hour for burger flipping
>>
There is 0 chance the health department allows this. The only way it works is if it's essentially a vending machine, because otherwise there's no way that robots would be able to clean a restaurant well enough to pass health department code. Plus all of the extra shit that goes into running even a burger joint, not just assembling cheeseburgers and pouring sodas.
>>
>>7480885
they were once the best engineers in the world.
>>
>>7485998
>assuming the government gives a shit

The government only cares about money. Pay your $$$ for a "license" and everything is fine.
>>
>Carl's Jr. goes fully automated
>idea of the business becomes the location, territory, equipment, and security
>Basically its own franchise
>US Government dissolves
>I get a job delivering pizza for Uncle Enzo.
>>
>>7480833
Where can I find a Carl's Jrs or a Hardees? I live in NY and I keep seeing an ad for this stuff.
>>
>>7486013
>Carl's Jr. goes fully automated
>US Government dissolves
That was quite a leap in consequences.
>>
>>7486122
Shit happens friend
>>
>>7486122

Carl's Jr. is the only thing holding up our democracy
>>
>>7480833

>noting that young people seem particularly fond of ordering from kiosks over humans.

How can people outright lie like that? Jack in the box in my area had a kiosk that offered free tacos if you ordered from it and I would never see anyone order from it even if there was a line at the actual register. I'm guessing it was a collosal failure since they removed it a couple weeks later.

These companies just trying to have a business with no employees to pay and using business-speak to convince the public.
>>
>>7486201

Your bit of anecdotal evidence isn't worth quite as much as a multimillion dollar company's research. Not saying they're telling the truth but it's not impossible that little shits will be more open to tapping on a screen than previous generations. Though I can't imagine anyone (aside from a few people on this board) not going to get some fast food just because they don't want to interact with another human.
>>
>>7483626
Because they have become afraid of the hell the whiny sjws on tumblr can raise if they perceive anything that could be possibly boiled down to misoginy/anti-feminism/patriarchy/whathaveyou, like so many other websites. So, they're slowly and visibly caving in. Hell, they even gave that Gamergate cunt a whole article to herself so she could rant on about how she's an angel of pure innocence, how gamers are all lonely virgin misogynistic nerds and how she dindu nuffin' 'rong.

They still get decent articles every now and then (Chris Bucholz, John Cheese, Luke McKinney's science articles and a few others; I think there was a Seanbaby article quite recently), but most everything else is coming down to "6 Reasons As To How Everything is Mind-Blowingly Chauvinist And Women Are Better Than Men", insipid, badly-researched pop culture analisys and Sargent's tumblr sjw-like ramblings. The "Life Experience" ones are hit and miss, specially now that the whiny feminism taint has begun to show.
>>
>>7480833

I'm down with this. Show me how perfect my order can be made 99 times out of 100 and I will gladly support the removal of wage slaves. However I will miss the qt 17 yo girls that get employed to work the registers.
>>
>>7480860
>>7481546
God dammit now I gotta watch this shit again
>>
>>7486619

I'd be happy with 1 out of 2 times getting my shit right. Mcdicks always fucks up something as simple as lining up the meat, cheese, and bun. Fair enough, I get that a mcdouble is an incredibly complicated culinary task, but if that's true, why are the pickles always stacked on top of each other in perfect alignment? That's assuming they even remember to put the pickles and onion in the first place. Fuck, I'd pay extra just for the option of having a robot that gets my order right half the time. This change can't come soon enough.
>>
>>7480936
>she
Anon, I don't know how to tell you this...
>>
>>7485998
If someone can build an autofood machine, I don't think building a better Roomba would be that hard.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.