[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /ck/ think of ketchup rice? Gets a bad rep but it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_1379.jpg (370 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1379.jpg
370 KB, 1600x1200
What does /ck/ think of ketchup rice? Gets a bad rep but it's actually underrated and quite good. It's also cheap as hell and better than plain rice
>>
>>7480333
>better than plain rice
except it isn't
>>
I grew up eating hot dog (or Spam) fried rice with scrambled eggs and still make it from time to time.

Scramble cook an egg and remove from the pan and set aside.
Chop up some hot dogs/Spam and a bit of onion.
Put into a cold pan with some oil and set to high heat.
When fragrant, toss about until starting to colour.
Add rice and toss about.
Mix some ketchup with a bit of stock/broth (or even plain water) and add to the pan.
Toss about for the rice to absorb liquid, then off the heat, add the egg and some chopped scallion/green onion and toss to mix.
Serve.
Om nom nom nom.
>>
MANS BACKING JOLLOF AND PLANTAIN
YOU MAN ARE EATING RICE AND KETCHUP
DEAD
SAFE
>>
>>7480363
That's friggin delicioso

Works well with just about any hot sauce too
>>
Ever heard of soy sauce/tamari?
I personally don't put ketchup on anything.
>>
>>7480398
I love tamago kake gohan

I have my own version where i put a little japanese curry powder in it. It's sugoi.
>>
>>7480408
What is a gohan weebo?
>>
>>7480473
>being so incompetent you cant even google
U dont deserve to know, bub
>>
>>7480333
steak sauce is good on rice too if you want to change it up
>>
>>7480479
google sent me to dragon ball related stuff, don't be an asshole, share your wisdom weebfag
>>
File: don'tforgetthecatsup.png (707 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
don'tforgetthecatsup.png
707 KB, 853x480
I've only ever done it for weeb related reasons.

It's not the most terrible thing when it's cooked like that, as long as you're not using shit that's 80% hfcs.
>>
its aight as omurice. never actively choose it over other rice preparations tho
>>
>>7480487
Google the whole gook string brother

Tamago kake gohan

Your power level will rise, guaranteed
>>
>>7480333
My black Caribbean mum always used to forbid me to eat plain rice with ketchup, since it was for poor people only.

It's basically the nigger's nigger food. Can't say I really disagree.
>>
>>7480672
Thanks man
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.