[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tisane
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: tisane.jpg (65 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
tisane.jpg
65 KB, 500x333
Do you like tisane/herbal teas, cu/ck/s?

Personally, I really enjoy chamomile (I find it very relaxing and calming) and any of the mint variaties (I like the way it leaves a nice flavor in my mouth). How about you, Anons?
>>
>>7478472
hibiscus tea
ginger tea with lemon

>chamomile (I find it very relaxing and calming)
i don't find it so, at least not moreso than other teas/tisanes. i think it's a meme like "tequila makes me do crazy shit unlike other alcohols"
>>
>>7478674
Really? Not OP, but chamomile chills me the fuck out.
>>
>>7478674
Power of Suggestion or not, it's real enough to be true
>>
>>7478674
To be honest, I find all herbal teas quite calming.
>>
Ginger tea is GOAT, especially if you brew it with a few crushed up leaves of lemon balm and put a little honey in to sweeten it. It's good for stomach issues, as is peppermint tea.

Chamomile tea is nice, especially with honey. I find it relaxing when I have a headache or I'm overly anxious.

I sometimes enjoy ginseng. I'm trying to find a lavender tea that works, cuz the few I've tried just taste like perfume. Same with rosehip tea.
>>
Chamomile cures everything for me. My grandma would make it for me when I was a kid, with chamomile fresh from the garden. Nothing better than a hot cup of nostalgia when you're sick
>>
File: cute_cub.jpg (84 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
cute_cub.jpg
84 KB, 960x960
>>7480360
People always tells me honey goes great with herbal teas, but to be honest, it seems as if it would be to 'sweet' for me my taste. But maybe I'll try it.
>>
File: TOT-11035-1.jpg (338 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
TOT-11035-1.jpg
338 KB, 1600x1600
>>7480360
>Ginger tea is GOAT

I've been drinking a lot of hibiscus tea lately because it's fucking amazing and recently tried this one which is excellent and highly recommended for anyone who likes ginger or hibiscus.
>>
roiboos is pretty solid
>>
>>7481923
The key is you don't put a lot. A little drizzle and yer good. Less than 1/8 tsp. Too much and you can't taste the tea.
>>
>>7481984
Looks good anon.
>>
>>7478472
Mint is fucking delicious. Chamomile is pretty good too. I haven't tried many other tisanes, I generally prefer to drink real tea.
>>
I was thinking about making this exact same thread.

All winter long I use fresh ginger, chopped into small chunks, boiled in water, with a squeeze of lemon and raw honey to help stay healthy. My partner works in a restaurant and sometimes gets sick from interacting with sick people and customers, so I will always make it for him, and I drink it as well so that he doesnt get me sick. He smokes cigarettes, so I wonder if that contributes to how often he gets a cough or gets congested.

Anyone know what else might be useful in my mixtures? I have put cayanne pepper in it before, just for shits and giggles.
>>
>>7478472
I'm gonna be growing peppermint from seeds. I can't wait to have fresh peppermint tea everyday.
>>
>>7481984
Almost asked if it has caffiene. good thing I double checked. Lately english breakfast has been making me jittery lthough that may have been because I overdosed it with honey.
>>
>>7482427
If you got a garden, make sure to grow it in a pot and keep it far away from the rest of the garden. Mint family spreads like the plague. Also take the flowering heads off to keep it producing leaves and new stems. It goes to seed kinda quickly, and it'll stop bothering to grow more stems and leaves when it does. Deny it the flowers and it'll produce until it's too cold to function.
>>
>>7482341
Peppermint is good for congestion. So is eucalyptus. Also oregano, but never heard of people makin oregano tea.
>>
>>7478685
A hot cup of fragrant smelling water does have a psychological based calming effect but chamomile relaxes you on a physical level. It's a muscle relaxant. Good for sore muscles or cramps too.
>>
>>7482904
>It's a muscle relaxant. Good for sore muscles or cramps too.
Do you have multiple peer reviewed articles from a respected scientific journal on hand to back up that ludicrous claim or are you just some new age moron who believes wives tales and Dr. Oz??????????

DO TEA HAS ANY PHYSICAL EFFECTS ON YOU WHATSOEVER. REAL TEA DOESNT MAKE YOU HEALTHIER. TISANES DONT MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER IN ANY WAY.

Fuck, I hate people like you.

>muh herbal tonics
>muh antioxidants
Name one official study that sipports your claims. I LITERALLY don't care if it makes you feel a certain way or not or if sTHE ENTIRE HUMAN RACE HAS BEEN RINKING THEM AND BENEFETTING FROM THEM FOR HUNDREDS OR THOUSDANDS OF YEARS.

Fucking new age shits JUST DRINK IT FOR THE TASTE!!!!!!
>>
>>7483032
Chamomile is probably the most widely used tisane in the world. If you think there have been no scientific studies then you're a fool with his head up his ass.

check it
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2995283/

Mode of action is same as any other benzodiazepine such as Valium or Xanax. While some herbal remedies are bullshit not all are snake oil. Remember the vast majority of modern pharmaceuticals have their origins in nature one way or another. Purely synthetically discovered drugs are a rare oddity.
>>
>>7478472
Lemon balm is my favorite
>>
>>7483080
Also Kava tea. I drink the Yogi brand and add more Kava tincture to it.
>>
>>7483032
>>7483076
Also I just want to add if you immediately disregard an herbal remedy you hear because you dislike new age morons with out doing the research yourself then you're guilty of same mistake as those morons. I hate those bastards too, but sometimes they're right, mostly by accident tho. Don't sink to their level, do the research. That's what the internet is for.
>>
Licorice root and the occasional cup of real sassafras tea when I'm lucky and find a tree.
>>
>>7478472
People who say 'tisane' for herbal teas need to be waterboarded until they accept Jesus
>>
>>7483032
>antioxidants aren't good for you
now you are just being retarded. e.g., vitamin c is an antioxidant. are vitamins bad for you, too, now??
>>
>>7483380
ALl of the study on antioxidants has be done independent from tea. We don't know that the antioxidants in tea are good for you just because the antioxidants in other substances are. Vitamins are a scam anyway.
>>
>>7484033
You're a retard.
>>
>>7484033
post diet, weight, and describe overall physical health
>>
Next time you see a pine tree grab some needles and steep that shit.

Its really quite nice.
>>
>>7482341
Rose hips are full of vitamin C. Lemongrass to substitute for lemon, cayenne, licorice, echinacea, drizzle buckwheat honey while steeping. Combine all and you got yourself a killer tea for sore throats, cough, congestion and colds.
>>
>>7478472
I really like orange rooibos with honeybush. Smells like an orange cream soda.
Chamomile, rose, hibiscus, a fourth of a stick of cinnamon and a big pinch of mint is also a favourite, especially when I need something light and relaxing at night.
Tulsi, raw mate and unfired rooibos with a small pinch of mint if I'm feeling "green" and need a little pick me up.
>>
>>7482001
I love rooibos. My grandma who hates tea gave me a huge canister of this peppermint-rooibos-chocolate mix dessert tea that she got as a gift. It's delicious.
>>
>>7478472
chamomile, rooibos, and sassafras (inb4 cancer i don't give a fuck)
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.