[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>puts salt on main dish before even tasting it >using salt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
>puts salt on main dish before even tasting it
>using salt at all
retards smg
>>
I use to be that guy

Now only on pasta
>>
Non-Asians don't use soy sauce as an ingredient in every fucking dish...
>>
>>7478273
there are certain foods that need salt adding to them

especially if it's my mother's cooking since she's terrible
>>
>>7478310
your point?
>>
>>7478320

If you're not adding salt to your food you shouldn't be in the kitchen, but you know that, and this is a bait thread.
>>
>>7478324
you brain dead retard I am referring to putting salt on your meal after it's already cooked and on your plate without even tasting first to see if it needs salt
>>
>>7478329

Maybe you should specify what the fuck you're talking about, and just make another "roommate/family eating habits rant" thread so the rest of us can hide it.

The only person I know who even keeps a salt shaker on the dinner table is my senile grandma, and she died 20 years ago.
>>
>>7478332
>Maybe you know how much salt is on it
So you get a dish and know the exact amount of salt on it and exactly how it's going to taste?

>>7478335
>in my insignificant life I don't see that XD so it must not be a universal thing XD
>>
>>7478324

I hope you realize that salt is one of those things you can easily become over sensitized to. It's pretty easy to identify a person who eats nothing but fast food when you taste something they've cooked. People with normal taste buds use very little salt in their cooking because they're actually able to taste smaller amounts in a way that's impossible for people like you who think that food should have a minimum of 1000mg sodium per serving.
>>
>>7478347

>in my insignificant life everyone I know can't cook, never eats at restaurants where they know how to cook, and just assumes everything that's put in front of them needs to be doused in salt

FTFY
>>
>>7478324
You're a terrible cook who relies on crutches to disguise his inability to bring out any flavour in his food.
>>
>>7478471

>salt is a crutch
>ou

Typical.
>>
>>7478356
The divide between people addicted to the salt/fat/sugar combo and those with a more versatile palette is perhaps the most clear and disheartening class divides in America.

Daily reminder that having a "sweet tooth" is pretty much letting sugar companies brand your forehead and fuck your children.
>>
>>7478324
>falling for the salt meme
>>
>>7478487
It sounds like you can't imagine cooking without it, so he's basically right.
>>
My family is addicted to salt, on all sides of it.

I'm the worst, though. I pour salt all over my meals.

Some will think this is bait but...

I used to, when having a bread roll or bread, pour salt (and pepper) onto my plate and dip the bread in it. In spite of already pouring salt over whatever I was eating.
>>
>>7478835

Salt goes on virtually everything

If you don't know how to salt your food you don't know how to cook.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.