[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, /ck/, it's my birthday and the boyfriend is starting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (121 KB, 557x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121 KB, 557x720
So, /ck/, it's my birthday and the boyfriend is starting a new awesome job, so we decided to go out to lunch this Friday.

1) We can go to an awesome local bakery that always closes at 2 and isn't open on weekends. He only go to with his current job because he works half-days on Friday. It's delicious, wonderful manna with infinite free gourmet bread samples, excellent lasagna, and what I think is the Platonic ideal of the chicken tarragon sandwich. After this Friday, I can only visit the bakery alone.

2) Or, we can go to the weekday lunch buffet at Tokyo One. While more expensive than the bakery, it's a fleeting chance at their most affordable option. The sushi is actually really good and constantly made fresh with decent-quality ingredients. This is the only way to get a large amount of variety and actually fill up on delicious-teir sushi without breaking the bank. Remember, we are celebrating.

So, coo/ck/s, which should I pick? Boyfriend is also indecisive.
>>
Which one has better yelp reviews
>>
>>7477259
i would go to place you can't go to again for unknown months. then go to place you can go to at inexpensive time at your leisure.
>>
>>7477267
They're pretty even. Each has different pros and cons, but they're both great food served at inconvenient times.
>>
>>7477270
Ah. One vote for bakery, then.
>>
>>7477259
Btw I'm a grill <;^p
>>
>>7477375
For all you know, I'm gay.

I could awkwardly say "ungendered life partner" or "friend", but both imply inaccurate factors of personal and monetary investment in said celebration.
>>
>>7477259
It's YOUR birthday. You should pick, but it should not infringe on his job in any way, like stress of getting back from work or leaving before work is done and so forth. Be considerate that it's a new job and he shouldn't have stress. Sounds like you can do 2) for any old occasion, since he only works half days.
>>
>>7477430
The point is that he starts his new job next week, so this is his last half-Friday to make either of the situations work.

We're also really excited about the new job! Senior data analyst at Capital One, now. He's very happy. Lots of growth opportunities, big chance to start using his econ degree when he moves up the ladder. I could keep bragging but details are probably already boring.
>>
File: 1456753191593.png (112 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1456753191593.png
112 KB, 480x480
>>7477259
>my boyfriend
>my boyfriend
>>
>>7477259
Tits or GTFO cunt
>>
>>7477505
>>7477500
See you in /r9k/, you tryhard faggots.

Seriously, I'll actually see you in /r9k/. It's like an online trip to the zoo. Depressed, lonely mammals with inadequate nutrition and mental enrichment activities streaked in their own filth, reaching out from their small enclosures with helpless, non-verbal sounds.
>>
>>7477516
It's cute the way you try to mask your anger with snarky sarcasm
>>
>>7477259
>>7477267
Burn this thread. To the ground.
>>
Say hi to Greg for me :3
And tell that fat sack of shit to call me.
>>
>>7477546
When you talk to him tell to make his lazy cunt gf get a job and stop shitposting on /ck/
>>
>>7477516
>passive aggression

Yeah, definitely a woman.
>>
>>7477259
Please refrain from mentioning your sex and/or gender while visiting /ck/. Although you may not be aware of this (although I think you are), many people posting on 4chan are not in an intimate relationship.

Therefore, referring to your femininity can be highly offensive to others, as they visit /ck/ to have fun and intellectual discourse, not to be reminded of their shortcomings (as perceived by society).

I hope you remember this in the future and refrain from using any key words that can be used as gender identifiers. It really is not that much to ask and will prevent threads from degenerating into flame/troll disasters.

Some of us also choose to be single and our virginity is not a badge of shame. The inherent superficial and highly opportunistic behavior of women is not attractive to every male, and therefore we do not have to be constantly reminded of your kind while on /ck/. It is not necessary and can be considered, "attention whoring" (a very just term).

Thank you very much,

- /ck/
>>
>>7477259
Flip a coin.
>>
>>7477259
Dingus.
>>
>>7477660
Please kill yourself.
I would point out all the things that are wrong with this post but ill just get to the point.
You dont need to live.
Just end it.
Please?
>>
File: The wizard.jpg (16 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
The wizard.jpg
16 KB, 500x281
>>7477660
>>
>>7477259
take him to 5 guys
>>
>>7477259
>boyfriend

Lol gay af
>>
>>7477267
people actually use yelp? i thought that site was satire, like the onion
>>
>>7477259

>tokyo one
>sushi is actually really good

I guess if Jim's Sushi & Pastrami is your only other option

Fucking flyover lels
>>
>>7477259
you sound unemployed, pick the cheaper one you worthless cumdumpster
>>
>>7477650
I thought this till I saw this
>>7477482
>econ degree
2 checks in the gay category
>>
I WOULD LIKE EVERYBODY PARTICIPATING IN THIS THREAD TO KNOW THAT THE MENTIONING OF THE WORD 'BOYFRIEND' DOES NOT NECESSARILY MAKE AN IMPLICATION OF THE GENDER OF THE PERSON WHO POSTED IT
>>
>>7477259
faaag
>>
everyone in this thread: kill yourself
>>
I don't really think this is the right place to ask...

I'd go with the bakery tho
>>
>>7477516
/r9k/? More like /r9Rekt/
>>
>>7480498
>Implying
>Implying
>Implying
>>
File: 876543567890.jpg (3 KB, 118x118) Image search: [Google]
876543567890.jpg
3 KB, 118x118
I use Yelp reviews exclusively to determine which restaurants I try.

Fight me.
>>
>>7481315
>The food was amazing. But the waiter brought me Diet Coke instead of Coke. And I left the lights on in my car and drained the battery. I had to get a jump in the parking lot.

>1 out of 5 stars
>>
>>7481315
Yelp has been so hit and miss for me its not funny.

Its pretty worthless IMO
>>
>>7477790
words cannot express how new you are
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.