[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do coffee people feel about Keurig coffee machines? Do they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: octopus pie the guild.png (183 KB, 900x1147) Image search: [Google]
octopus pie the guild.png
183 KB, 900x1147
How do coffee people feel about Keurig coffee machines? Do they harm the coffee in any way?
>>
They're overpriced, wasteful, only offer the illusion of convenience and make coffee that's mediocre at best.

They're understandable in a workplace setting where you don't want assholes spilling grounds everywhere but if you use one at home you're a dummy.
>>
It's instant.

May taste good, but is automatically shit.
>>
>harm the coffee

i lol'd

those keurig machines suck and are expensive

i dunno if they "harm" the coffee or not. coffee is coffee and if you're concerned about quality you should get a french press or something or cold brew it.
>>
Another pointless convenience bought by yuppie cunts purely because of the marketing. The coffee is just alright for the amount it costs, yet it's wasteful as fuck and hugely overpriced.
>>
Thanks
>>
File: anons_aeropress_station.jpg (101 KB, 896x504) Image search: [Google]
anons_aeropress_station.jpg
101 KB, 896x504
i had a keurig. used it daily until my friend made me some coffee from his aeropress. it opened my eyes to the full potential of coffee and now i can never go back.

i grew an immense and irrational hatred towards the keurig after my first cup of aeropress coffee. i bought one for myself, sold off my keurig immediately afterwards to some housewife on craigslist.
>>
>>7477234
Your post made me realize I got an aeropress as a gift a few weeks ago but haven't used it yet so I made a cup. Holy shit that thing makes some dam good coffee. Thanks anon.
>>
File: BESTelo.jpg (62 KB, 420x350) Image search: [Google]
BESTelo.jpg
62 KB, 420x350
It's like having a toaster for coffee. I use one because I'm a lazy bastard and can't be fucked to prepare the coffee maker every time I want a hot cuppa joe
>>7477220
>overpriced
>wasteful
>mediocre at best
That's fair.
>only offer the illusion of convenience
Wat
>>
File: hipster.jpg (170 KB, 736x1104) Image search: [Google]
hipster.jpg
170 KB, 736x1104
>coffee purists
You guys know the stereotypical hipster? That's what you are except with coffee instead of music/fashion.
>>
>>7477244
>It's like having a toaster for coffee
No, that's a normal pour-over machine.

Keurig is more like having a toaster that only accepts one particular kind of bread which happens to be very overpriced and with excessive packaging.
>>
File: reallynigga.jpg (25 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
reallynigga.jpg
25 KB, 355x355
>>7477250
>>
>>7477255
Don't brother anon. When it comes to hipsters, no matter what kind, they are dead set on their beliefs.
>>
>>7477244
Let's assume you don't rinse your shit just to make things easier

Kuerig
>Add water
>Open top
>put in k-cup
>put in mug
>press button

Drip coffee machine
>Add water
>Open top
>Put in filter and coffee
>Press button
>Pour into mug when finished
Oh god there goes half my day now I need a nap
>>
>>7477255

1) I was describing the Keurig the way most people use it. 3rd party adapters aren't relevant to that point.

2) If you're going to use one of those things then what's the point of having a Keurig at all? A normal pour-over is not only cheaper, but easier to refill than those little canisters for the Keurig.
>>
>>7477211
At my last job, we got a whole pallet of those instant coffee cups. They tasted like shit, but they were free. Most of the pallet was still there last I heard. They even encouraged people to take several boxes home with them.

And I agree that they are pretty wasteful and expensive compared to conventional ground-beans-and-filter coffee maker.
>>
File: 1377439187431.png (118 KB, 297x413) Image search: [Google]
1377439187431.png
118 KB, 297x413
>>7477261
>Kuerig
>Add water
Nope. Water reservoir still full from last week.

>Drip coffee machine
>Add water
How much water? Don't forget your measuring cup!
>Put in filter
Uh oh, out of filters! Thank goodness k-cups have them built in.
>and coffee
How much coffee? Don't forget your measuring spoon!
>>
>>7477261
>>Put in filter and coffee

That's two steps, bro-chacho.
>>
>>7477271
>3rd party
>Literally Keurig® Brand "My K-Cup®"
>Commonly bundled with machine purchase

>what's the point
Quick single serving coffee. And they are, in fact, very easy to fill.
>>
>>7477318
>Quick single serving coffee.
How is that different from a pour-over?

>And they are, in fact, very easy to fill.
I don't drink coffee so I wouldn't have any personal experience. But I do know that my roommates who use this managed to spill coffee grounds all over the counter when they filled up their reusable cups. Then they made a mess in the kitchen sink rinsing them out when they were done. After the Keurig broke and they bought a cheap-ass pour over from Walmart both problems disappeared.
>>
>>7477287
>How much water?
Same as however much coffee you want to drink.

>>measuring cup
Why? Can't you eyeball it? If you can't there's marks right there on the carafe.

>>uh oh! out of filters!
Isn't that the same as "uh oh, out of Keurigs?

>>how much coffee
See "how much water" above.

Keep in mind that in addition to all of that the Keurigs cups are substantially more expensive than normal coffee, and the Keurig is pain when you want to make more than one cup of coffee.
>>
>>7477333
It's, uh, slightly quicker. And slightly easier. And your roommates were spastics.
>>7477338
>Can't you eyeball it
Nope, too lazy. The Keurig will do that for me. Also, not all carafes.
>uh oh, out of Keurigs
Not when you're using the Keurig® My K-Cup®!
>eyeball coffee
Nope, too lazy. The k-cup will do that for me. Even the My K-Cup is as easy as "fill it".
>more expensive than normal coffee
>is pain when you want to make more than one cup of coffee
True, true.

It's not like Keurigs are great or anything. I just understand the appeal. Also, I have one in my house and my mommy buys new k-cups all the time.
>>
>>7477211
The keurig machines don't harm the coffee, the coffee grounds in those k-cups is already months old and stale when it hits your store shelves.

They purposefully let the coffee go stale because roasted ground coffee naturally emits carbon dioxide and they were worried that kcups would explode during the shipping process.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.