[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rose wine season approaching
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: rose-wine.jpg (34 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
rose-wine.jpg
34 KB, 620x350
I was meeting up with some sales reps to get out wine list in order and of course everyone was showing off their rose wines, since the warm weather is about to hit. I hear people at more upscale places complain that the trendy/prestige bottles are hard to come by, but I was impressed by how many good roses there are this year at completely reasonable prices. Provence had a good year, evidently.

Already we've had a one day run on the stuff when the weather warmed up, and we're still pouring the last of out back up from last year!

I'm actually excited for rose season to start. I don't plan on going for any expensive ones this year, because it appears at least some of the cheaper ones came out excellent.

Does /ck/ do rose when April hits?
>>
>>7477197
No, I hate light n fresh cotes du le fucking eurotrash summer plonk. The only roses I'll drink are musar, Lopez de Heredia, and cornelissin. Although bonny doon has a nice one that I can never find.
>>
>>7477216
I'm not as fond of Cotes-du-Rhone roses, but I love the stuff from Provence. As for it being plonk, yeah, it's pretty much picnic or cookout wine. But that doesn't make it taste any less good when the warm weather hits. And I'm obviously not alone, because we sell a ton of the stuff during the spring and summer (and even during the fall, for that matter).
>>
>>7477224
it is still shit, no matter how many people slurp it up
just buy a verdicchio, god damn
>>
>>7477246
I love verdicchio, too. And I can understand feeling a backlash against rose because over the last decade it's really blown up among American wine drinkers, many of whom approach it with a level of reverence it does not really deserve. But a classic Provence example is unbeatable for outdoor drinking on the first warm days of the season, at least to me.
>>
>>7477269
I live in deepest darkest Eastern Europe, m8
I don't really give a shit what Americans drink or don't drink
rose wine shit wine, and it is always some unholy coupage too... whatever's left on the bottom of the barrels basically
>>
>>7477197
>the warm weather is about to hit

it's 85 F (29 C) today in Florida and sunny as shit. Like oppressively sunny
>>
>>7477281
>>7477283
I'm in the Northeast US - it's in the 60's here. The economies of shipping versus trucking generally make French wines among the best values here, even though they cost much more than they would in France. If I lived in Eastern Europe I'd probably rarely drink French, because I'm guessing the best stuff from Croatia, Hungary and Austria is available for decent prices.
>>
>>7477336
Austria doesn't really have worthwhile stuff, it's a bit too cold
Hungolians like their wines sweet for some fucking reason
Croatian stuff is god-tier tho. Some of the Bulgarian wines are also unbelievable, too bad it's hard to find any that aren't smothered in sulphite
>>
>>7477365
Austrian roses from Kamptal are popular here, but expensive.
>Croatian stuff is god-tier tho
Those fuckers make some great wine, but not much of it gets imported to the US, unfortunately. You can find some stuff from Bibich if you're lucky.
>>
>>7477393
do yourself a favor and track down some Crljenak Kaštelanski
then you will know how zinfandel grapes are actually supposed to be vinified
>>
>>7477365
cold is no issue for austrian wines. there always is enough glycol in them as antifreeze.

rose is crap, I prefer vinegar for salad dressings. any wine that has to be served cold doesn't give me the warm soothy feels, just a isopropanol fired heartburn. 2/10.
>>
>>7477419
Bibich did a version of that, and some of it made it here around 2008. Fucking delicious. Also expensive. Haven't see in in a while.
>>
>>7477437
yeah there aren't many vineyards that grow this particular vine
still very interesting
the Romanian Bohotin wine is the only rose I can stomach btw
>>
>>7477420
lol how old are you man? I haven't heard that meme in decades
>>
>>7477420
I meant too cold for the vines, not for wine storage
Austrian wines are acidic as fuck
>>
>>7477496
Not all of them. I've had some Zweigelts and St Laurents that were not heavily acidic.
>>
>>7477509
and I've had californian syrah that did not taste like Shiitake mushroom substrate once
anecdotal evidence isn't
>>
In the last wine thread some guy was like try swartland chenin blanc it's not like other ZA chenin blanc

I tried some, yeah OK I didn't instantly pour the bottle down the sink but still it didn't hold a candle to Loire CB
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.