[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>take friend to Korean barbecue for the first time >he
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: g6q9Axbz_400x400.jpg (9 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
g6q9Axbz_400x400.jpg
9 KB, 240x240
>take friend to Korean barbecue for the first time
>he immediately takes control of the grilling and giving me advice
>insists on keeping raw meat tongs and cooked meat tongs separate
>"sterilized" tongs by putting them inside the slots in the grill
>still got sick, nobody else in the group did

>other friend just won't eat anything besides fast food/diner food when we go out
>excuse #1: too broke for a restaurant
>excuse #2: doesn't feel like something different

Why is it so hard to find a culinarily compatible friend? Or am I somehow the fag?
>>
i don't understand. whose barbecue was it? was it his barbecue? if not, why on earth was he taking control of the grill?
>>
>>7477113
I think OP is talking about those barbecue places where they bring you raw ingredients and a small grill to the table so everyone cooks their own shit

I've seen it in Korean films
>>
what's homer mad about?
>>
>>7477108
You are seen as the faggot, but you have shit "friends"
>>
Who the fuck doesn't keep tongs for cooked and raw food seperate?
>>
>>7477147
The fact that he needs to pee but doesn't wanna get out of bed because he's too comfy and it's freezing out
>>
>>7477198
>>7477147
No wait I think that's a different episode. Never mind.
>>
My friends typically only want to go to Boston Pizza, Denny's, Original Joes, etc. It saddens me.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (38 KB, 308x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
38 KB, 308x200
>>7477108
>friend went to korean grill for the first time
>took control and gave advice
Wait what? That doesn't make sense.
>>
doing it wrong. you should be with women - asian women - and they will cook everything without even being asked.
>>
>>7477266
Find some non-poor friends.
>>
>>7477183
the same people that later become OPs on 4chan. faggots, god bless them
>>
>>7477183
I eat yakiniku all the time and have had zero problems reusing the same tongs. The only time I was careful was the single time someone ordered chicken for the table, which I'll never get again because it takes so fucking long to cook compared to beef.
>>
>>7478784
>boston pizza
>denny's
>original joes
>cheap
if they were actually poor they'd be eating at the local dollar pizza slice place or basic subway sandwiches or mcdonalds
>>
>>7478767
Hilariously racist, stereotypical, and untrue.
>>
>>7478796
0/10
>>
>>7478796
I don't know about in the US, but its very true in Japan, especially if they are acquaintances and not real friends. The friends will do it too but will give you shit for it
>>
>>7477130
That seems counterintuitive to the premise of a restaurant
>>
>>7478814
Cooking is fun when you don't have to do any of the prep. Yakiniku is great and so is okonomiyaki.
>>
>>7478814

I went to a steakhouse in Ohio that had a giant grill in the middle for grilling your steaks they give to you fresh and raw. Like other guy said, it's fun when there's no prep or cleanup.

They also had unlimited bread and butter to make toast. And if you didn't want to cook your own, add $2 to price and they cooked it for you.
>>
>>7478808
I dated Japanese chick for five years. I did 95% of the cooking for both her, and her friends. She was a fucking awful cook. She did introduce me to ommurice, so I shouldn't complain overly much.
>>
>>7477108
>>7478823
>>7478885
This shit's just for stupid normalfag social games. When I go to a restaurant, it's to enjoy a good meal.
>>
>>7478889

It was for work during a Managers conference. I didn't pick the place, or pay.

I'd tend to agree with you, but it turned out OK.
>>
>>7478889
Jeez you seem like the kind of person that no one else wants to eat with
>>
>>7477108
Wait I've been to KBBQ a bunch of times with actual Koreans and they always "sterilize" the tongs by leaving them on the grill. Nobody separates raw and cooked tongs though.

>>7477113
You're missing out, it's good stuff and it's a fun social dinner.
>>
>>7477183
>>7478814
>>7478889
Where in flyover land do you guys live? Is Panda Express the most ethnic option available within 500 miles?
>>
>>7478796

I live in Japan and it's true. In any big group when I eat out with colleagues the women work the grill or tend to the nabe.
>>
>>7478921
You have the comprehension of an anal cyst.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.