[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else get annoyed when people saying cooking is hard?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: serious lel.jpg (67 KB, 421x421) Image search: [Google]
serious lel.jpg
67 KB, 421x421
Anyone else get annoyed when people saying cooking is hard?

Literally just follow the instructions. Cooking isn't hard, baking is.
>>
>>7475944
Nah, it's not for everyone. Some people are just terrible at hands on stuff. What bothers me is when people say they hate certain ingredients that are in tons of stuff they eat. No, you mean you hate raw onions.
>>
I want to start up a food product: a flourless cookie.

How do I get it to store shelves? When I make it for myself, I just throw it in the fridge for around 30 minutes and eat it (and sometimes I skip that since it's good as is).

But obviously I can't sell it that way. Would be impossible to package. If I lightly baked it -> put it in plastic wrapping -> put that in a standard box package, would it keep together in the refrigerated section of a store or what?
>>
Anyone else get annoyed when people saying baking is hard?

Literally just follow the instructions. Baking isn't hard.
>>
>>7475944

>Literally just follow the instructions. Cooking isn't hard, baking is.

So cooking isn't hard because all you do is follow the instructions, but the thing where literally all you can do is follow the instructions is hard.
>>
>>7475944
I have to agree with the OP on this one. With cooking, if you mess something up, you fix it as you go along. Adding more spices, adjusting the heat, etc.

Baking is a science. Just using slightly too much baking powder can throw the whole thing off. Not to mention all the outside variables to consider. Humidity, elevation, the temp on the oven being slightly off, what time of baking dish you use, hell even if you mix all the right ingredients but do it in the wrong order it can fuck the whole thing up.

And unlike cooking you won't know until it's too late. The cookies are burnt. Your cake has collapsed. Your pie is all soggy.
>>
Anyone else get annoyed when people saying shitposting is hard?

Literally just follow the OP. Shitposting isn't hard, cooking is.
>>
>>7476022
>Baking is a science. Just using slightly too much baking powder can throw the whole thing off.

I hear this fucking meme so much, do people actually believe this? Going from 1 tsp to 2 tsp is obviously gonna make a huge fucking difference, which is why you just follow the instructions. Christ, if you have a measuring spoon you literally just scrape the excess off the top of the spoon and you're close enough to whatever measurement you need where it won't make a difference.

>Not to mention all the outside variables to consider.

Which you take into consideration. None of this shit is hard. Cooking and baking are both fairly easy outside of niche shit like souffles or beef wellingtons.
>>
>>7475944
I've found most people that think it's hard are terrible at time management and planning ahead. They fuck up easy recipes because they don't pay attention to what they are doing. Some of them don't prep anything and this makes them fuck up worse because they are trying to cut up carrots while the onions are getting burn as fuck in the pan.
>>
>>7476211
>niche shit

uncultured swine
>>
>>7476211

You have to do math (or at least table lookups) to make most breads with any sort of consistency.

With cooking 10 degrees this way or that in starting temps mostly don't matter as much to the outcome because most of the change in the food happens at much higher temperatures, unlike the fermentation in the bread dough.
>>
>>7475960
>>7476005
>>7476211
>t. retards and pleblords who've only ever baked brownies and cookies and think they're fucking experts on baking

it was reddit tier and it was on /ck/
>>
>>7476362
Have an example of something I haven't done?
>>
>>7476367
(u)

now fuck off
>>
>>7475944
Baking is easy as shit negro
Unless you're baking art pieces and disregarding flavor.
>>
I'd still rather be a chef than a baker any day of the week.
>>
>>7475944
Did you get your words mixed up? Cooking has more variables than baking, just following a baked good recipe is easier.
>>
is baking just anything cooked in an oven?
>>
>>7475944
Cooking and baking are opposite ends of the same spectrum

I feel like I'm not in control at all when I bake.
I feel like the ingredient amounts and cooking techniques are much more critical when baking.
But when cooking, you can basically do anything and it'll come out good.
>>
hard in the pleb mind means demanding the slightest effort.

you pleb. cooking is easy as fuck but ive got better things to do.
>>
>calling something easy when you have to follow instructions to do it
>>
>>7477729
>calling things hard when they have simple instructions
>>
Asshole
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.