[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does a completo taste like?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: 222237.jpg (99 KB, 400x299) Image search: [Google]
222237.jpg
99 KB, 400x299
How does a completo taste like?
>>
>>7474182
sauerkraut and mustard
>>
It looks pretty good but I bet that sausage squirts in your mouth
>>
>>7474182
It tastes like whatever you put on it.
>>
>>7474198
No. A completo is a completo, not anything you feel like it is. On top of the viena sausage you put a pickled mix of cucumbers, carrots and onions, sauerkraut and mayo. Traditionally you add mustard and hot sauce on top, but these condiments are complementary and not part of the recipe.
>>
>>7474208
Yes, and it still tastes like whatever you put on it.
>>
>>7474218
delet this
>>
>>7474222
Why? Because it's accurate?
>>
>>7474182
salty coins and milk
>>
completo shit
>>
>>7474208

you forgot tomato.
>>
>>7474182
>How does a completo taste like?

pretty comfy.

its a social food, you dont make yourself a completo in the solitude of your cuckshed. you go out with friends, ask for a pair of completos along a big jar of beer.

btw, the one pictured in the OP is a "Dinamico", which is a Completo plus Avocado. and that bread looks shit, proper Completo bread is slightly toasted, a bit crunchy.
>>
>>7474901
Rage blinded me.
>>
>>7474218
You just broke my brain.
>>
Get outa here with ur avocado meme bullshit
>>
>>7474929
YOU FORGOT TOMATO DUDE
>>
ayy
>>
File: 56.jpg (12 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
56.jpg
12 KB, 320x240
>>7474208
>cucumbers, carrots and onions, sauerkraut and mayo, mustard and hot sauce
>people piling all this bullshit on a hot dog

>get bitched at for using ketchup
>>
File: 99.gif (16 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
99.gif
16 KB, 150x150
>mfw going to Santiago in a few weeks

Is there anything I should know about completos?

What different kinds are there, and which ones are best?

They look tasty.
>>
>>7474710
sick bastard
>>
>>7474208
Sounds disgusting
>>
>>7474208
Sounds delicious
>>
>>7475760
kill yourself
>>
>>7474218
yes, like any other food
>>
>>7476006
Eat a classic completo, specifically with sauerkraut and shit.

Personally, my favorite completo has scrambled eggs, fried onion and sliced beef, just like a Chorrillana.

Also, eat a fucking Chorrillana.
>>
>>7479966
Exactly my point.
>>
>>7480760
>my favorite completo has scrambled eggs, fried onion and sliced beef

The bun doesn't make a completo. What you describe is a chorrillana in a bun, nothing else. At most, it could be described as a kind of "as".
>>
>>7481012
A completo here is basically a bun + sausage, so you can add whatever you want over it.
The two basic completos are italiano (tomato, avocado and mayo) and the classic one (italiano + sauerkraut and american sauce, because some people fucking hate sauerkraut), but you can make a bun + sausage + fried potatos + pesto + pineapple and call it memetic completo and no one would give a single fuck.
>>
>>7481037
You are wrong.

A completo is a completo, a italiano is an italiano, a dinĂ¡mico is a dinĂ¡mico, and so on.

Avocado is not an ingredient of a completo (what you call the classic one).

You should start eating at propper fuentes de soda and stop buying from karts on the street kiddo. You'll learn a thing or two reading the menus.
>>
>>7481156
I live two streets away from the biggest completo fuente de soda on Santiago and my brother works there since 4 years ago, i use to eat there very often and i talk a lot with the dudes at the kitchen, so i think i know what i'm talking about.
>>
>>7476006
just eat a churrasco pham
thank me later
>>
>>7476006
Chile has the worst cuissine of the whole South America. Don't expect much, especially in the terms of quality. Also no salt, ever. So everything is bland.
>>
>>7481277
Spotted the peruvianfag.
>>
>>7481277
Chile has Curanto, so your whole argument is invalid as fuck.
>>
>>7481277
EL
>>
File: 1420675401045.png (17 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1420675401045.png
17 KB, 625x626
>>7481277
>>
>>7481291
>implying peruvian food is not superior
>>
>>7481530
>peruvian food
>shitty chinese food +raw frog juice: the cuisine

pick both
>>
>>7481530
>peruvian
>superior
lmao
>>
>>7474182
JUST
>>
Italiano > Completo
>>
>>7484500

Why are panchos so nasty tasting compared to American hot dogs.

Nathans hotdogs are amazing and you go to eat the south American equivalent and its dogshit.
>>
>>7485075
Tell us about the strugles that come along with overweight anon.
>>
>>7481259

your a retard m8. the sausage+bun base is a "vienesa". fuck off and start again, faggot.
>>
>>7484500
>Italiano > Completo

italiano lacks the acidic nature of the true completo (sauerkraut), which blends better with the sausage than the avocado, which is tasty as it is, but doesnt blend creating a syncretic flavor, just adds shit to the mix in a safe way.

italiano is alright, but it doesnt make you drool when you think of it.
>>
>>7476006
>What different kinds are there, and which ones are best?

Classic Completo is a must. Proper completo should have what we call "homemade mayo" (eggs+oil+lemon+salt. sometimes has garlic), its delicious, light years ahead of premade mayo. Also the bun should be slightly toasted.

One of the best completos ive had in Santiago Centro are from the "Poker" joint (San Antonio 168). They have all the qualities mentioned. The place has a cool vibe too.
>>
>>7485110

enjoy your bland food, spic
>>
>>7485075
hot dogs can't even compete pham
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.