[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you cook a steak in a grill like that? I have a simillar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: electric grill.jpg (67 KB, 750x453) Image search: [Google]
electric grill.jpg
67 KB, 750x453
How would you cook a steak in a grill like that? I have a simillar one and always used it pretty much like a pan, cooking each side for 2-3 minutes. I want to try doing both sides at once but I'd rather not ruin my meat if I don't have to. So what do you think /ck/
>>
>>7473660
rare
>>
>>7473660
The thing about the lid down griddle is that it makes grill marks,and cooks from both sides at once fast...but, it can trap steam from drippings. I've had that steamed mass produced catering-stye experience with a Foreman when cooking a chicken breast, which might not get as hot as pictured model.

If you expect flavor from browning, might be disappointed, so rub it or marinate it for that added goodness, and of course something marbled/fatty, so it can brown the fat, such as ny strip.
>>
>>7473660
Trial and error.
>>
>>7473660

Ideally, I wouldn't. Those things don't get hot enough to create a proper sear on a steak and the stupid "ridges" just makes an already poor situation even worse. I'd much rather use a plain 'ol flat pan or skillet.

But if you're stuck with that thing the first step is to check out how the hinge works. If it's fixed in place and therefore tends to crush whatever food you place inside it, then your method of treating it like a pan makes the most sense. Leave it closed while it heats up to reach the maximum possible temp, then open it and cook the steak, flipping as needed.

On the other hand if the hinge has a mechanism that lets it adjust to the thickness of the food you're cooking then you can just stick the steak in there like you would a sandwich. Leave it closed while it heats up, then stick the steak in there.
>>
>>7473736
oh, and thicker cut, because it'll take longer for the browning before it is well done in the middle.
>>
File: WP_20160315_19_47_07_Pro[1].jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160315_19_47_07_Pro[1].jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
>max heat
>olive and pepper
>garlic butter when resting
>3 min per side + 1 minute of holding the lid just close enough
it was bretty good
>>
>>7473862

>only say this scrolling past it on the first page and didn't read the thread but

Your max heat isn't hot enough.
>>
>>7473870
It might not had been max heat for the first like 2 minutes
>>
>>7473862
that's a fuck ton of garlic breh. Butter is fine but I find garlic is really overpowering on a good steak. And maybe it's just the picture but it doesn't look like you got a good sear on it. Just use a pan. Even a shit tier electric stove will get cast iron or SS hot enough to properly cook a steak.
>>
>>7473878
>it doesn't look like you got a good sear on it.
I would if I wanted to
>>
>>7473889

>i can stop drinking at any time, i just choose not to
>>
>>7473889
Why would you not want to?
>>
>>7473895
I like it like that
>>7473894
I drink like 3 beers a month
>>
>>7473912
>I like it like that

Why? It's missing out on flavor that way. Searing = malliard reactions = tastes good.

>>I drink like 3 beers a month
You seem to have missed the point. The point is that it's ridiculous not to want a sear on your meat, just as it's ridiculous when an alcoholic says "oh I can quit any time".
>>
>>7473912
>I like it like that

I mean to each their own, but man I cannot fathom that.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.