[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Going to NYC for the day, what are some good places to hit up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: home4-4032.jpg (606 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
home4-4032.jpg
606 KB, 1680x1050
Going to NYC for the day, what are some good places to hit up for food around Hell's Kitchen, or even Manhattan in general? I'm pretty open minded as long as the food ends up tasty. I'd like to keep my budget around $20 - $40 per meal, though being on the cheaper side would be more preferred.

Thanks co/ck/s.
>>
Deleted old thread because I didn't clarify that the budget was per meal instead of the whole day.
Is that still not enough
>>
Sbarro in times square
>>
Ray's Famous outside Port Authority.
>>
>>7473659

Sbarro.

I'm the guy you replied to in last thread.

It is a Jew York pizza place, and it fucking sucks.

You have no taste you NYC clown.
>>
>NYC for the day
>budget around $20 - $40 per meal
you made a poor choice
go to the halal carts
>>
>>7473667

It's a reference to The Office...

Eat a Papaya dog, a knish, some expensive cured fish from Russ & Daughters, a slice of pizza that costs at least $3, some pork buns from Momofuku, pick up some bagels...

There aren't that many options on your budget.
>>
Hell's kitchen has great Thai/Latin cuisine so I recommend just picking what looks good around there

Joe's Shanghai is great for soup dumplings even if white people have taken over.

Kati Roll is a good snack and/or meal if you want meat inside Indian bread. One of the locations is open til 3 or 4 if I recall.

I agree with the previous poster about pizza and bagels (get one with lox and cream cheese ) but fuck Momofuku. Don't support that overhyped place. Your money is better spent elsewhere.
>>
>>7473674
>Momofuku
that's an interesting recommendation, I'd basically send someone anywhere other than there because they are overpriced even by manhattan standards. almost twice as much as all their competetors
ippudo is good and within budget

I go to reichenbach hall a lot for currywurst, jagerschnitzel, and the secret off menu pretzel which is the size of a truck tire
>>
>>7473654
I like Kilo (http://www.yelp.com/biz/kilo-new-york) for tapas style food and delicious wine and Queen of Sheba for Ethiopian cuisine (https://www.yelp.fr/biz/queen-of-sheba-new-york)

Both are average+ in terms of price for NYC standards
>>
>>7473707

>momofuku

I went there probably around 5 or 6 years ago, and thought the quality relative to the price was great for Manhattan.

Maybe they've hiked up prices now that Chang is celebrity chef tier.
>>
>>7473674

>on my budget

I could buy you and sell you all day long.

Enjoy living in your cesspit tho. Haha. See you in Florida when you retire, worthless Jew.
>>
I believe there is a new surf n turf business bistro called Redd.
>>
>>7473721
momofuku ramen $16, buns $12
naruto ramen on the upper east side ramen $9
buns $6.50
gyoza $5
takoyaki (not east to find in NY) $5

but yeah, it runs about double the price as your standard ramen shop, can get the ramen and buns for less at naruto than just the ramen at fuku
and I haven't been there in a while but it used to be monday was half off ramen day, wednesday was half off gyoza day, and lunch sometimes includes beer depending on the special they have going

there are also only like 12 seats in the whole place
>>
>>7473743

Yeah, that's definitely more than when I went.

I'd also guess that there's much more competition for ramen in Manhattan now.
>>
I've only been there for one day before. Had lunch at Banh Mi on Broadway, and dinner at John's of Bleecker Street. Solid banh mi, had never had one before now I love them. And John's of Bleecker Street made me see what the big deal was about New York pies. Had a slice at Ben's on MacDougal, mainly because that was where Louis CK gets his pizza in the opening of Louie, because if you're gonna be a tourist, why not lean in? Tasted like something you'd get from a gas station.
>>
>>7473988
>that was where Louis CK gets his pizza in the opening of Louie
>Tasted like something you'd get from a gas station
I think that was the joke, how he's a fat fuck that has lost control of his life and will eat gutter trash on a whim
>>
>>7474023

It's really just that it's around the corner from the Cellar, and on the way from the subway stop to there, where he would work. Pick up a quick slice for dinner after putting kids to bed, yknow. That's how he's described it in interviews.
That opening was just him walking down the street from the subway station to the Cellar on the last couple bucks of his pilot budget to throw together an opening as a place holder.
>>
The brisket was good at mighty quinns. The best pizza I had was at pizza suprema. I am not a native though so locals will probably call me a pleb.
>>
Last time I visited NYC I went to Peanut Butter & Co. and the sex museum. Wouldn't recommend either.

If you've never been I'd recommend at least trying a decent slice of pizza and/or a pastrami sandwich from one of the better delis.

Some friends who live there also took me out to Yakiniku West, which was really good if you don't already live somewhere with a Japanese population. I think on Tuesdays the meat is half price.

If you want to try a better version of the kebabs that yuros never stop posting I'd recommend Bereket.
>>
>>7473654
If you're in hells kitchen area go to totto ramen
>>
Katz's Deli if you can swing it, good sandwiches
>>
>>7473654
Sun sum gai
I think it's on Bowery. Get there before 4 and get a pork bun and a chicken bun. DO NOT try the sesame ball
>>
http://ny.eater.com/maps/cheap-eats-nyc-mapped
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.