[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /ceekay/ flavor their oatmeal?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: oatmeal.jpg (36 KB, 620x490) Image search: [Google]
oatmeal.jpg
36 KB, 620x490
How does /ceekay/ flavor their oatmeal?
>>
>>7472331
Maple syrup and cinnamon.
>>
Cinnamon, nutmeg, butter and brown sugar or maple syrup.

I also like to add raisins to it while it cooks so they get plump and juicy.
>>
File: dsc_0546.jpg (326 KB, 922x614) Image search: [Google]
dsc_0546.jpg
326 KB, 922x614
I make pumpkin oatmeal way too much, it's so good.

I love steel cut oats just plain though, with some nuts thrown in maybe. And a bit of butter. And salt.
>>
Cinnamon and brown sugar
>>
Those little candy eggs that turn into dinosaurs when you add hot water
>>
Salt and maple sugar. Sometimes chopped apple. I like to cook it until it reaches that moist but not runny snot texture.

My oatmeal experience has taught me that it is garbage without salt, or when cooked in the microwave. Perhaps obvious.
>>
mom used to always make it with blueberries for me
>>
Maple syrup, crushed pecans, chopped apple, raisins.
>>
File: aroy-d-coconut-milk-gata.jpg (62 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
aroy-d-coconut-milk-gata.jpg
62 KB, 500x333
>>7472331
with coconut milk
>>
>>7472331
2 tsps brown sugar
cinnamon
ground clove
>>
why doesn't any store sell just the peaches and cream? everybody knows that's why you buy the variety pack, that's why they give you 4 of those and just 2 of the others. Strawberry can stay too, banana and blueberry especially are a waste of space in the box

I don't even want packets of the peaches and cream, I want a big ass tube of it like they do with the regular flavor oatmeal
>>
>>7472503
$4.50 at my usual place.
>>
fucking honey. it's like drenching the shit in sugar without the added diabetus
>>
>>7472572

which also goes really well with banana and cinnamon
>>
splash of milk and some maple syrup
>>
>>7472352
This looks really good. Do you just add some pumpkin puree to your oats?
>>
>>7472331
cold oats are better
Leave them overnight soaking in just enough water or milk if you're fat
The next day stir in some yoghurt (I recently got greek), plain is better but vanilla if you're fat
I usually add banana, some frozen berries a teaspoon of honey for them bee powers and maybe some almonds for some crunch

Sometimes I do almond butter or peanut butter instead of honey for sweetness, or even a spoonfull of protein powder ....usually those are cinnamon, chia seed and flax seed days though.. and apple

But if you're fat just add everything I said at once and stir that shit up

put it in your fat gob you stupid cuck
>>
>>7472673
>calls people fat
>buys nut butters that contain sugar
>>
>>7472572
>implying honey isn't almost entirely sugar

you paleo guys are adorable
>>
>>7472679
only fat people care about sugar content
>>
>>7472673
Can you soak them over night in just the yogurt
>>
Salt and butter, sometimes feta cheese. Sweet oatmeal is a meme
>>
>>7472331

Whatever is on hand, honey and sliced 'nana, boo berries, 'namon and apple jam
>>
>>7472331
Water and splenda
>>
>>7472806
You can soak them in anything but yogurt will be fine.
You make want to do this in a pot to just wam it up a bit or soak them in the fridge when it's warm outside.
>>
>>7472832
You flavour your oatmeal with water?
>>
Is oatmeal porridge a complete meal?
I don't really care too much in reducing calories but I don't want to miss out on essential nutrients.
>>
>>7472844
Of course not
>>
I mix cooked oats with peanut butter and protein powder. For those times I can't cook it (at work or something) I mix dry oats with water and protein powder and just drink it as fast as I can without thinking about how chunky it is. For the carbs to get into the correct ratio I want for each meal. Also, when I can only drink it, I take fish oil capsules with it.
>>
>>7472843
It helps take the edge off
>>
File: surfing.gif (77 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
surfing.gif
77 KB, 500x375
>eating horse feed
>the current year

Go to bed, Mr. Ed.
>>
One I made yesterday was raisins, walnuts and cinnamon.
One I made the day before was cranberry, pecan and vanilla.
My favourite is blueberry, almond and honey.
>>
>>7472331
With generous amounts of salt and good butter.
>>
im off that stuff now, but i used to put some of my more fruity tea bags in it to add some cheap flavour while i bombard it with thawed blue berries and cinnamon
>>
>>7472352
Sounds wonderful.
>>
berries/raisins, nuts, bananas, cinnamon, tablespoon ground flax. I only eat *whole* plant foods :^)
>>
Anybody who doesn't put salt in their oatmeal is FUCKING UP. Just a pinch, of course.
>>
Love to throw in some bleach into the mix, is a nice flavor
>>
>>7472331
Salt and cinnamon, occasionally a bit of butter.
>>
>>7472331
salt, pepper, paprika, worchestershire sauce.

might substitute the fish sauce with soy and ground beef
>>
File: CburtqVW8AE9DZh.jpg (80 KB, 736x613) Image search: [Google]
CburtqVW8AE9DZh.jpg
80 KB, 736x613
Golden syrup and cream masterrace.
>>
>>7475020
:-(
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.