[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the proper way to maximize my intake at a buffet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 14
File: buffet.jpg (326 KB, 1280x846) Image search: [Google]
buffet.jpg
326 KB, 1280x846
What's the proper way to maximize my intake at a buffet? I know to avoid rice, but what else?
>>
Eat meat, avoid everything else.
>>
Avoid anything that is green.
>>
Avoid everything
>>
1 plate of fried food
1 plate of meats
1 plate of deserts

who are you kidding? you fat fuck
go for 2 of each with an extra 2 plates of each and 1 large bowl of salad toppings that you'll spill and eat off the floor.
>>
>make composed plates consisting of things that look good to you
>don't rush yourself
>don't try to eat everything
>stop when you're full

You're not competing against the restaurant. The idea is to enjoy yourself.
>>
Take that chicken drumstick and stick it under the chocolate waterfall.

http://www.pjwnex.us/media/text/Golden_Corral.txt
>>
>>7471720
>You're not competing against the restaurant.
Yes you are. Otherwise you'd go somewhere nicer.
>>
>>7471818
>implying buffets can't be nice
>>
>>7471836
>implying that any hog trough can be nice
>>
Bring ziplock bags, fill with meat, carry out in purse.
>>
>>7471948
>Implying I didn't meet my current gf at a hog trough
She's a lovely shade of pink
>>
>>7471631

eat nothing but breaded meat, and pick off all the breading
>>
>>7471818
What's the point of competing against a buffet when you will never win?
>>
>>7471652
pretty much this. if you're at a prime rib buffet, go back for prime rib and prime rib alone. if you're at a seafood buffet, load up on crab legs.
>>
How fucking fat are you people?
>>
Do they have shrimp or lobster? Eat only that.
>>
>>7471966
2 fat 4 u
>>
>>7471966

Not fat at all, good for bulking. There's several body builders who go to the Hu Hot near me because for $12 they can eat like 10 pounds of pure protein.
>>
File: ckorgy.jpg (92 KB, 725x512) Image search: [Google]
ckorgy.jpg
92 KB, 725x512
>>7471966
Smaller fat people are orbiting around me, eating the scraps that fall from my deformed mouth
>>
get only meat, it's the most expensive thing the buffet offers and they try to offset the cost by offering a huge variety of sides
>>
>>7471836
No matter how nice a buffet is, the cost of entry could provide a normal sized meal at a nicer place.
>>
>>7472020

Go to Vegas. $25 buffet and all the lobster, king crab, and sirloin you can eat.
>>
I can never avoid thinking of buffets as hotbeds of disease with people coughing and sneezing on everything constantly

Is this true or am I worried about nothing?
>>
>>7471631
marijuana
>>
>>7471957
>What's the point of competing against a buffet when you will never win?

Why climb the mountain? Because it's there.
>>
>>7471740
>http://www.pjwnex.us/media/text/Golden_Corral.txt
Fampai yasss
I came into the thread to ask for this, but you're already on top of it
>>
>>7472115
What doesnt kill you makes you stronger. And besides pretty much any restaurant is filled with germs and disease. Who knows if the cook is coughing into your food.
>>
>>7471631
Get yourself a good round of their choicest veggies, seafood, and all the meat you can stomach.
Only a taste of the potatoes, noodles, bread, etc. unless you're man enough to forego them entirely.
If you see something breaded and fried, it's going to have more filler than meat.
>>
>>7472199
I do. He is, unless there happens to be a health inspector around.
>>
>>7472199
>What doesnt kill you makes you stronger.

Or cripples you for life.
>>
>>7472115
The germs that come out of people's airways have no effect when you eat them. Only pathogens that know how to deal with a mammalian digestive tract can actually do any damage there.
>>
>>7471720
This, honestly. Eat what you want and have a good time. You're paying for the experience.
>>
eat until you're full

then eat 2 more plates
>>
>>7471631
Wear your finest sweatpants.
>>
Last buffet I went to was pay per plate and I filled it with endives.
>>
How do buffets even make a profit? Some of them are dirty cheap, and even if they're using cheap quality food, I just don't see how they make money. Profit margins have got to be razor thin.
>>
>>7473269
>pay per plate
what the fuck I guess everyone just stacks their plate until food falls on the floor?
>>
>>7473301

Most of them actually do quite well, actually.

There's minimal FoH staff, and fatties like OP are taken into consideration when they price things out.

Most people, it turns out, only grab a couple small plates and stop when they're full. In other words, no matter how much OP eats, the house is always going to win.
>>
>>7472115
>I can never avoid thinking of buffets as hotbeds of disease with people coughing and sneezing on everything constantly
>Is this true or am I worried about nothing?
The biggest worry you face is Hepatitis A.
What you do to scope out safety is watch how careful the restaurant is at allowing people to return to the line with the used plate. If there is someone watching the buffet for this cross-contamination of what they touched already with the fork to mouth to plate to mouth. A sentry so to speak. Another great way to avoid that is a place that clears dirty plates off the table quickly. You can get the vaccine.

When you eat at a high end hotel brunch buffet, notice that there is a server watching each station, and that serving handles will have a little napkin tied on it (to prevent hand germs goes to your fingers (and maybe your face/mouth/nose to infect yourself). The best of them will not let customers serve themselves, such as on cruise ships. They ladle onto your plate and therefore ensure no one touches a serving spoon ever, and that a dirty plate isn't touching the serving spoon. They're also cognizant of food poisoning concerns like danger zone temperatures, old food, and so forth.
Another good litmus of a caring restaurant are table bussers with bleach scented towels, and #1 is a well-maintained bathroom. People who get e.coli on their hands because there is no paper towels to hold a door handle on the exit, no hot water, no soap, a greasy floor (mops aren't cleaned) unclean conditions in general, like fingerprints all over the surfaces, shows you that there are germs everywhere in the place, if only from the fact employees are using that filth too and if they aren't concerned about impressions there, they probably cut cleaning corners in the back of the kitchen too. See crusty flatware? Worry.
>>
>>7473362

>how careful the restaurant is at allowing people to return to the line with the used plate

I've been to some really nice buffets and some pretty cheap/crappy ones, and I've never seen anyone try to reuse their plate.
>>
>>7473322
No, because it was a vegetarian place in Marseille and there's a tray under the plate and host instructed us to put a *reasonable* amount on the plate.

Pizza hut in Malaysia had one plate buffets. There were many tutorials online for maximizing the plate's contents. If I remember correctly, the bottom layer was usually carrot sticks extending beyond the plate.
>>
>>7473385
>I've been to some really nice buffets and some pretty cheap/crappy ones, and I've never seen anyone try to reuse their plate.
Good for you! Thanks for sharing this anecdote. Your common sense and awareness of all others at a buffet, as a diner yourself, is commendable and remarkable.
>>
Avoid drinking anything. It takes up valuable food space in your stomach
Don't pile your plate. Eating several smaller plates fools you brain into thinking you haven't ate 'that' much
Avoid rice/pasta/starches. They fill you up too quick
>>
>>7473399
Or maybe it was China?

https://www.google.com/search?q=pizza+huy+buffet+tutorial&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=pizza+hut+buffet+tower
>>
>>7473385
I've noticed this too, and I've been to quite a few buffets in my time. It almost like a universal politeness everyone follows
I might not tip ever, but I've got the common courtesy to get a fresh plate
>>
>>7473402

>you posted anecdotal evidence and you're stupid
>my anecdotal evidence is more better
>>
>>7471818
You should only be competing against the buffet if you're poor. If you aren't you should just eat until you're properly full and not over eat
>>
>>7473427
>You should only be competing against the buffet if you're poor. If you aren't you should just eat until you're properly full and not over eat
This. The point of a buffet is to have a choice really, to please all the senses and all the people with various tastes, so go ahead and mildly overeat, but to load up on some kind of nutrition and get a moneys worth? Seems a little silly if you aren't poor. Eat the items you wouldn't buy for yourself due to cost. So, raw oysters, king crab legs, sushi, steak, whatever it is you find indulgent, or just never make at home, such as fried food because you're a healthy sort, fussy little stuffed dumplings, etc.
You might also might try things you wouldn't order off a menu due to them being new and unsure about wasting your money, or come in large quantities as an appetizer but no one else would share it, and so forth.
>>
>>7473418
There was no tit for tat. You imagined that.
>>
>>7471631
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_Rajneeshee_bioterror_attack
>>
>>7472020
>has never been to a 5 star hotel buffet
>>
>>7471631
eat everything
>>
>>7473457

What's your point exactly? You'd still get a better meal for less money at the Hotel's restaurant. You know, the same one making food for the buffet. It would be better simply because it would be made fresh to order instead of sitting out on a steam table.
>>
>>7473459

>can't say you really experienced the buffet without having a big scoop of that white rice that's been sitting in the steam tray for 5 hours
>>
Drink a shitload of water a few hours before you get there.
>>
>>7473462

The food at nice buffets is rotated often.

The only real difference in quality from eating at a normal restaurant is that you're not going to get a composed plate of food put together by a professional and made to look nice.

Otherwise the only difference is in what options you have, as even the best buffet isn't going to have something like steak sitting out under a heat lamp; they'll do something like prime rib, which would be sitting under a heat lamp in the kitchen in a normal restaurant anyways.
>>
>>7471631
avoid food you don't like
eat food you like

there you go
>>
>>7473475
>The food at nice buffets is rotated often.

Sure, but it's still not as good as the food being made for you specifically.

>>The only real difference in quality from eating at a normal restaurant....
I dunno man. I've been to fancy buffets in Vegas. I've also been to 4- and 5-star buffets on business trips. While they are very nice the food on the restaurant menus has always been better and with more options available too.

You can't beat the value for money with the buffet though--assuming you eat a lot, that is.
>>
>>7473462
>What's your point exactly? You'd still get a better meal for less money at the Hotel's restaurant. You know, the same one making food for the buffet. It would be better simply because it would be made fresh to order instead of sitting out on a steam table.
I see this guy's point, but it's still not necessarily true. For example, sunday brunch at The Biltmore $85. I can eat that price alone whether I get stone crab claws, Alaskan king crab, prime rib, caviar, macarons,
>>
>>7473481

It's just a different experience.

I don't go to expensive buffets often, but when I do I almost always really enjoy them.
>>
>>7471720
What a fag
>>
>>7471631
>maximize my intake at a buffet?
I don't get this. Is the goal here to eat as much expensive food as possible to get "muh money's worth"? That seems redneck as fuck. I can see the allure of choosing whatever you want from a wide variety for a set price, but making gluttony the point of visiting a place seems insane. Don't you feel like shit after overeating?
>>
File: t10[1].jpg (49 KB, 410x355) Image search: [Google]
t10[1].jpg
49 KB, 410x355
>>7473495
>>
>>7473507

I go for bulking. Impossible to get huge amounts of protein for less.
>>
>>7475159
Which is usually code for being a fatass with pretensions.
>>
i dont know anymore, theres no buffets around me anymore
all i know is my grandma used to get paper napkins and sneak food out in her purse
shit was great, top role model
>>
trust me. most all you can eat buffets are not all you can eat. most places will boot you out eventually
>>
>>7475317

They'll never just boot you. I have a small asteroid as a friend and who always abuses them. The chinese place will offer him a coupon for half off the next trip when he's had too much, the italian place just offers a big ass to-go box.
>>
>>7475329
I've been booted. I want my fill not some to go box. maybe your places are just nicer or your friends just an asteroid not a planetoid
>>
>>7475184
My mother and grandmother used to do this too, I wonder if it's a growing up poor sort of thing
>>
>>7475317
Well, it's not like you're supposed to lounge there for over an hour.
>>
>>7475633

Yeah.

They care more about you handing out and playing your magic games, or whatever nerds do these days, than they do about you eating as much as you possibly can.

They are throwing shit out every night and still making money. It's disgusting freeloaders like OP who drive off potential customers that they're concerned about.
>>
>>7471961
>crabs legs

no this is wrong. eating slower gets you full. You have to eat quickly, and crabs legs are slow
>>
>>7472026
True, I live in Vegas, Some of them are around $16 and arent the best but they do serve food thats edible
>>
>>7471740
So know what's not terrible?

Popcorn chicken and Hershey's syrup. Don't drench it. Just dip a little like it's BBQ sauce.

The chocolate and the breading go well together, and sweet + chicken isn't bad (honey bbq wings, orange chicken, etc.).
>>
>>7471966
Size of a small planet.

OP I like to load up on meats and seafood.
>>
>>7475184
>>7475610
if you guys are my age your grandmas remember the great depression
if you know anything about the great depression you'd bend the rules for extra noms too
>>
>>7473301
You pay $7 for a lunch buffet. They pay $2 per plate MAX and only staff 2 or 3 chefs. The good stuff is always in rare supply. Dinner is $12 and they still only pay $2 a plate MAX. Tons of frozen food, tons of ovens. Theres always money in take home, the regular menu and the other shit you can buy there, like $2 or $3 for a kirin or bud light.
>>
>>7472115
If you worked in a restaurant you would no longer be concerned with this, because you'd know it's going to be just as bad no matter where you go.
>>
>>7473481
>order off the menu
>wait 15min for appatizers
>have had to wait an hour for a medium rare steak
>buffet
>its right fucking there
>all you gotta do is walk

Why bother?
>>
>>7475721
And the lunch buffet starts with last fridays leftovers
>>
I highly believe that Chinese buffet restaurants are magic.
All the food an the chinks who work there are all an illusion, a marage.
No matter how much you eat, you'll always be hungry after you leave 30 minutes later.
The reality is the restaurant is empty and occupied by chink ghost using their ancient Chinese magic to fool us into thinking we're in a restaurant, everything you eat has just been air all along.
The tables, the chairs, they don't exist, it's just light given mass.
I know this to be true.
>>
>>7475732
>Why bother?
self respect
>>
File: jerry-garcia[1].jpg (4 MB, 3004x2419) Image search: [Google]
jerry-garcia[1].jpg
4 MB, 3004x2419
>>7475739
>it's just light given mass
far out, man
>>
>>7475732

If you are made to wait an hour for your entree you have every right to walk out.
>>
>>7471720

Restaurant detected. Fuck off.
>>
File: asfKhvT.gif (833 KB, 500x225) Image search: [Google]
asfKhvT.gif
833 KB, 500x225
>>7476486
>>
>>7475159
OK. I could see a body builder going for this. But only a small percentage of folks overeating at buffets are body builders. I think for some gluttony is the sport, and buffets are the stadium. And that's pretty fucked up.
>>
>>7476576
>not engaging in the most satisfying of the 7 deadly sins

Okay gayboy,
>>
>>7476615
>gluttony
>satisfying
Yeah, right. Because I like feeling ill after eating.
>>
>>7476615

There ain't nothing satisfying about the average buffet since the food is usually shite. Who cares if you can eat a lot when the food sucks?

Now if you're talking a fancy buffet from Vegas or a nice hotel that's a different story.
>>
File: Picture+1[1].png (185 KB, 633x270) Image search: [Google]
Picture+1[1].png
185 KB, 633x270
>>7476615
>>
Everyone always says "avoid the rice/bread/potatoes" but that doesn't fucking make sense. Suppose I'm at an Indian buffet and I avoid rice, then all I have is a bunch of pure curry. Are you suggesting I eat that? The taste would be too strong because it's designed to be diluted by rice.

Also, what's the big deal about reusing plates? I do it. I don't let the utensils touch my dirty plate so it's fine. Or do you think the germs will magically jump 5 cm from my plate to the serving utensil?
>>
>>7476645

Clearly eating things like rice make sense for some foods (like the curry you mentioned), but that's not necessarily true for all buffets.

>>Also, what's the big deal about reusing plates?

Simplicity. You seem to be careful about cross-contamination, but many people are not. It's much simpler and easier for the buffet to implement a rule like "new plate every time" than it is to explain the nuances of cross contamination. You need to realize that people are stupid, so the idea is to make the rules as idiot-proof as possible.
>>
>>7476645
You avoid rice/bread/potatoes because they fill you up fast and you would need to be like ten or twenty people to eat your money's worth.

And if you can't find any food other than rice at a buffet then you are at a shitty buffet.
Even an Indian buffet should have plenty of tandoori meats, samosas and so on and so forth.
>>
>>7476664
>eat your money's worth
wtf?
>>
>>7476645

>what's the big deal about reusing plates? I do it

Fucking why? So all the sauce and shit from whatever you had last gets mixed into whatever you take next?

There's a fucking industrial dishwasher in the back, and you saving the guy running it from throwing in a few extra plates makes no difference.

Sanitation issues aside, you're a disgusting slob if you don't see the issue with reusing your plate at a buffet. I bet you don't even taste the food in your quest to "get your money's worth".
>>
>>7476672
The buffet isn't free ya dingus, there's a fee.

If you fill up on $3 worth of rice then you've completely wasted your $30 buffet charge.
>>
>>7476708

What's wrong with eating a normal meal like a sane person: you know, a variety of foods including various side dishes, some of which may be rice and/or bread?

You realize this isn't a contest in which you "win" something by only eating the most expensive food on the line, right?
>>
>>7476716
Bruh I don't give a shit about "winning", I give a shit about not being ripped off. I bet you actually buy movie theatre food.

And you don't go to a buffet for "normal" meals to begin with, that's what prix fixe joints are for.
>>
>>7476708
So the idea is you're such a cheap shit that you only want to eat the most expensive seeming items because you're paying a fixed price for the meal? If you're that cheap why are you going out to eat at all?
>>
>>7471720
nigga, im eating my $14 worth
>>
>>7476732
The idea is not paying $30 for $3 of food, even a rich fuck will go broke with that kind of poor money sense.
>>
>>7476722
>I give a shit about not being ripped off

So your criteria for that is the retail value of the food you're eating as opposed to whether or not you had an enjoyable meal (regardless of the cost of the foods you chose)?

> I bet you actually buy movie theater food.
Nope. I don't even go to the theater. You want to talk about ripoffs, why pay $10 to watch a film when I can simply wait and watch it for free via streaming?
>>
>>7476746
Being ripped off is never enjoyable.
>>
>>7476735
>>7476738
It sounds like you're not just paying for a meal here. You're adding another task: eating your "money's worth". That does not sound like a pleasant way to enjoy a meal. That sounds like some sort of eating contest that you have to pay to participate in. Which I guess would be fun for someone who has fantasized about competitive eating, but beyond that I don't get the appeal.

When I go out to eat I want a nice meal in a comfortable environment for a price I'm comfortable paying. I don't need to add another motivation like "muh money's worth" to it. That seems like it would cheapen the experience of dining out.
>>
>>7476761
>muh experience

It's a buffet, you retard. You're surrounded by bawling children and 400 pound livestock.
>>
>>7476769

>you're surrounded by bawling children and 400 pound livestock

If those are the kind of buffets you go to then you're must be one of them.
>>
>>7476769
>You're surrounded by bawling children and 400 pound livestock.
And you're paying for that? No thanks.
>>
>>7476761
theres no experience in eating at a chinese buffet with plastic plates
>>
>>7476789

then what's the point of going?
>>
>>7476789
I can't imagine paying to do that, either.
>>
>>7476791
>>7476797
Seriously? is this bait, bc i dont know if you knew this but humans need food to survive. And not many people have a lot of money or live with mommy.
>>
>>7476814
You can go to a grocery store?
>>
>>7476819
At a cheap buffet I could eat 2 day's worth of food. Cheaper than cooking for myself.
>>
>>7476814

Sure, you need food. That's a granted. But you don't need a shitty buffet to get your food, there are plenty of other alternatives.

Perhaps this might be more clear if it were rephrased: what's the point of going to a low-end buffet frequented by screaming kids and hamplanet lardasses? If money is the concern it's cheaper to cook for yourself. You could have better quality food elsewhere. IF speed is a concern then fast food is quicker. What's the point of a low-end buffet? Sheer volume so you feel like shit for the rest of the day? what's the point of that?
>>
>>7476819
this is the beauty of the buffet, its a collective pool.My $14 actually carries more value. if we're talking say calories, or even Macro nutrients. Id get so much more because other people or paying also. Dont forget to factor, the restaurant pays wholesale and the price of heat to cook. So my dollar goes farther at a buffet.
>>
>>7476835
>if we're talking say calories, or even Macro nutrients

Why would we be talking either? It's an experience, not raw numbers of calories.
>>
>>7476819
>>7476831
>>7476835
I guess these people don't know how to cook. My daily average grocery budget is $6.
>>
>>7473462
>>7473475

no, really good buffets have chefs making things like steak to order
>>
>>7476840
THe only time a buffet is an experience is when it's done like a traditional restaurant, i.e., you order food, they cook it and bring it to you, but you get as much as you want for a fixed price.
>>
>>7473208
>The germs that come out of people's airways have no effect when you eat them. Only pathogens that know how to deal with a mammalian digestive tract can actually do any damage there.
Staph multiplies in hot food, from a sneeze vector (such as strep throat). When your stomach acid kills the offender, the toxin released from that death is food poisoning symptoms.
>>
>>7476840
like iv'e said, experience is not a factor. An elderly chinese woman scoops pasta into hotel pan with her hands.That you eat on plastic plates.
>>
>>7476842

Yeah, some of the food like steaks or eggs might be cooked to order, but that doesn't apply to everything on the buffet, only certain dishes.
>>
>>7473208
>The germs that come out of people's airways have no effect when you eat them. Only pathogens that know how to deal with a mammalian digestive tract can actually do any damage there.
They also sneeze on serving spoons, their own hands, and your hands touch the germs on spoons when you serve yourself or touch your own plate.
>>
>>7476835

And this is how stupid poor people who can't cook end up being the obese ones.

Eating off a fast food dollar menu would probably be both cheaper and healthier than gorging yourself at a shitty Chinese buffet.
>>
>>7475703
>if you guys are my age your grandmas remember the great depression
LOL. This.

I sneak food home so I have something to hand my dog when I walk in the door, just a few bites to enhance their dog food. He's waiting for his treat for being good while lonely missing me! I know it's wrong, so if I'm at a buffet, I tend to chat up and then tip the waiter well, usually, I also verbally let them know exactly what I am doing with a small bag request or an extra napkin, so they don't get any ideas about reporting me for doing something in secret. I ask. They usually nod or talk about their own dog at home.
>>
Who's got the copypaste of the guy who destroys buffet?
>>
The upscale buffet where the food is good and the allure is that you can eat right away and go back for seconds if you're really hungry makes sense.

But paying to eat at a place that's unpleasant, filled with awful people and serving food that's mediocre at best? That's wasting your money. And trying to eat as much value as possible of this mediocre food because you want to get your money's worth? That's wasting your time as well.
>>7476835
>My $14 actually carries more value
If you're poor enough that you're concerned about getting the most value from a $14 dinner I understand why you prefer a feeding trough type of places. But if I were in the position where money was that tight I'd be spending it at the supermarket and not at crappy restaurants.
>>
>>7476761
Me and my bros always have eating conests at buffets lmao

Part of the experience
>>
>>7471631
I eat 90% sushi at Asian buffets.
>>
>>7476923
That's the only appeal I can see to these places - dudes can indulge their competitive eating fantasies. And hamplanets can eat until they "feel full". I'm guessing the crowd is mostly young dudes and pre-diabetics?
>>
>>7471631
I'm in my 40s.
I have parents who are semi-retired and come to my town on occasional weekends to their second home.
My brother and sister will head to their house if they are planned to be here.
My brother has two PICKY eaters, age 5 and 8, and unlike their father, has a picky mother with little adventure and exposure to the amazing foodie lifestyle of their extended family.

So, when it's time to go out to eat, there is some whiney drama where you would never take them to the fine restaurants we like to eat at...and which they suddenly don't like anyway. So, it's pizza/italian, american buffets, or mexican, 90% of the time. And, while you're there, you'd better not take more than 45 to get seated, get food on the table or they suddenly wasted their money and won't eat. I've seen them at buffets literally get a pile of sunflower seeds from the salad bar, watermelon chunks, mandarin oranges, french fries and a piece of fried chicken, and 4 trips to the dessert bar's ice cream machine. And, if you force them to eat a bite of the chicken, you might get a public display of defiance. If they order off a kids menu, and it looks delicious, trust me, it isn't. They will pout and simply wait for dessert or another soda refill. My brother who is divorced groans about food times. His exwife reinforces this crap.

Long story short, my parents usually find buffets at least make everyone peaceful, and the quality of the other patrons aren't your circle of friends who notice temper tantrums but a lower class of society who won't judge you. Usually we get takeout if grandma isn't cooking. Sometimes we eat what we want, and they get hot dogs when we get home.

Ever go on vacation with people like that? People who go to Disney and want to spend 2hrs of their morning getting full at Shoneys breakfast of crap so they can sluggishly feel bad the rest of the day in order to not buy anything while in the park?
>>
>>7476976
That's awful. Even my picky eater nieces can manage to find something to eat in a Chinatown joint. My heart goes out to your poor bro.
>>
>>7476976
Fuck that's brutal.
Lat time I went to a Chinese buffet my friend returned to the table with chips and Chow Mein....
With safe bets like sweet and sour chicken or Chicken satays or rice or ribs or shredded duck he went with the cheapest basic boring shit.
>>
>>7476995
I feel you.

We had a stint in my family of a local chinese buffet, because by the time my father got home from his horrendous 1.5hr commute after working late, and having 45min beeper waits at all restaurants on Fri/Sat nights, it was instant gratification.
Here's what I would eat at this constant thing:
First course: Cup of soup.
2nd Course: Appetizer plate: Pot stickers+spring rolls+edamame+shumai+BBQ spareribs (usually share with the table).
At this point...I would dial down on the calories. I got steamed brown rice from the steamer (usually only cook white at home). Then some delicious whole sauteed mushrooms, vegetable stir fry or whatever meat looked the least offensive.
Desserts are crap in chinese buffets, but sometimes there might be a delivery of some hot thai donuts or a decent sherbet in the selection.
>>
>>7477005
Brit buffets are pretty basic with desserts.
Usually frozen cake like chocolate gateau or profiteroles.
Mango blancmange or coconut is nice for something sweet. They also have banana fritters and bread and butter pudding.
>>
>>7476976
>And, while you're there, you'd better not take more than 45 to get seated, get food on the table or they suddenly wasted their money and won't eat.

You think it's normal/acceptable to wait over 45 minutes for food?
>>
>>7477047
At a popular restaurant during Friday/Saturday night dinner rush without reservations, yes, that's about normal.
>>
>>7477068
why would you do that to yourself though
it must be a blessing to just be able to sit around and be comfortable. i'll never know.
>>
File: ohyea.png (1 MB, 1068x644) Image search: [Google]
ohyea.png
1 MB, 1068x644
fat people fought the reptilians

shut
the
fuck
up
you skinny losers
grow a pair and fight with us
>>
File: wtfyo.png (446 KB, 923x483) Image search: [Google]
wtfyo.png
446 KB, 923x483
>>7477078
>>
avoid carbs and anything else with fiber
>>
>>7476576
I go cuz I love food and eating
>>
>>7476625
you must not overeat much. it can feel really good being super stuffed. and if you do it enough you usually don't get that ill feeling anymore
>>
>>7477243
I can see that, but what I don't get is paying to eat a whole lot of mediocre food instead of less better quality stuff. It really is just a quantity over quality thing, right?
>>7477247
I used to when I was younger, then got tired of being soft around the middle, so I stopped doing it. On the rare occasions when I overindulge these days I feel bloated, sluggish, thirsty and uncomfortable - almost like I want to puke to stop feeling that way. Of course I don't puke, but why would I set out to eat so much as to make me want to feel like puking? That'd be like setting out drinking in hopes of getting so drunk you want to puke. I don't see where the fun in that.
>>
>>7477309
stuffing yourself with vast amounts is satisfying and feels good to me. I don't get the puke feeling much anymore or I'm just used to it but when you eat so much it feels like you could burst just feels good to me.
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 320x320
>>7471957
>Never win
>>
>>7477324

And shooting up heroin probably feels pretty good too. Doesn't mean it's a good idea.
>>
>>7477341
your absolutely correct. you have changed my mind forever I will never overeat again.
>>
>>7477077
>why would you do that to yourself though
>it must be a blessing to just be able to sit around and be comfortable. i'll never know.
I was saying that little kids have some internal time limit....and then it's over. They want to go do something new and fun. If you haven't experienced that phenomenon, good for you, but it does exist. Kids can't sit for hours while adults fiddle with dessert or after dinner drinks. They're far more cranky when hungry. And if you waited 20 minutes for a table, 5 minutes for drink orders, 15 minutes for appetizers, they're done dude. They don't care for whatever is coming. They can't color/drop shit on the floor for that long, really. It's a rare kid that can sit through church for an hour without a donut promise, either. It's just how it is. Adults treat dining out as a social experience as well as food time. FORGET a top ten opening in a city. That won't work.

I don't get your point about being comfortable though. Is that some snarky comment about rich people who brunch or have time on their hands? If so, what world do you live in that you don't dine out with friends and family ever?
>>
You pay, sit down, get a diet coke and then bloat yourself with 4 or 5 plates of meat, maybe some veggies and salty sugar glazes.

You faggots sound pathetic. Are you homeless or really that disgusting?
>>
>>7477415
>I don't get your point about being comfortable though
I'm guessing he means he wishes he wasn't so socially awkward as to be unable to eat in public without huge amounts of anxiety.
>>
I don't like to brag, but I'm a pretty big guy.
>>
>>7475658
>Getting full off crab

It's a tiny tube of protein covered in armor, it's not exactly filling.

Obviously the trick is to avoid sodas and refills. The buffets even use that tactic to make people eat less.
>>
>>7477786

Who the fuck drinks soda?
>>
>>7477792
Children.
>>
>>7477800
Who gives their children soda?
>>
>>7477820
Idiot parents. Lots more of those than the alternative these days. Or probably through out the ages. The degree of stupidity was much less though. Nowadays these people seem to lack basic survival skills.
>>
>>7477820
my mother did the subsitute love. i'm now obese as fuck and trying to unteach myself everything i've been taught.
>>
File: 1447972105250.jpg (72 KB, 384x356) Image search: [Google]
1447972105250.jpg
72 KB, 384x356
>>7471631
I can smell your obesity through the exhaust port on my computer case.
>>
>>7476976
Whenever i went to disney, it was for the food and wine festival or just a day trip and dinner at something like red lobster.

Me and my sis always split a turkey leg if we went for the day.
>>
eat so fast you get as much in as possible before your body realises it's full
>>
>>7477761
For you
>>
>>7477761
I don't like to brag but I'm a pretty huge girl.
>>
>>7476761
>>7476761
It's fun to try every once in a while. But the fact is, you can't possibly eat more than it cost them to make. If you could, you'd either be one of those freak show eaters or the buffet would close down.

What I like to do at buffets is just to find what I think is the tastiest shit and load up on it. Items you only get a couple of normally like crab rangoons, Sushi if it's good (rare at buffets), whatever. Just get a plate concentrated with shit I really like, with some variety thrown on the periphery just because.

You don't compete with the buffet, you take advantage of your ability to get as much of whatever you want as you like.
>>
>>7478479

Sushi at a buffet is a waste since the rice is going to kill you. Go for just the seafood like shrimp.
>>
>>7478494
IDK I've had some damn good buffet Sushi. There's a place in Austin I can't remember the name of that has a wide variety of good sushi.

Not good by aficionado standards, but damn tasty.
>>
>>7473459
this
>>
>>7471836

Outside of Las Vegas or Reno they're all shit. Even then places like Circus Circus have fuckterrible buffets.
>>
File: 130408-golden-corral-kitchen.jpg (116 KB, 660x495) Image search: [Google]
130408-golden-corral-kitchen.jpg
116 KB, 660x495
>>7476868

I think I'll show you what the kitchen of a golden corral looks like instead.
>>
>>7472145
Kill yourself you bitchfag waste of space.
>>
>>7480204
About what I'd expect from a place where poor people go to gorge on garbage.
>>
>>7480184

Nice hotels with high end buffets exist outside of Nevada, flyover anon.
>>
Que buena pinta tiene todo
>>
>>7473399
>go to buffet
>hostess tells me it's one plate only and to only put a "reasonable" amount of food
>180 degrees and walk out, fuck that jew tier kikeshit
>>
I always just eat meat, and then a plate of fruit between servings.
>>
>>7471957
Words of a loser.
>>
>>7480184
What about luxor's buffet?
>>
>>7480270
yea what the fuck is with there places?. In befor muh moneys worth.
>>
>>7480767
Fag. Who eats fruit at a buffet except fruits
>>
>>7480802

Luxor should have a good one. The best one I remember was at Aladdin's Palace but that place closed.
>>
>>7473385

I've seen co-workers reusing their plates at a Pizza Ranch. In their defense, they were from Argentina and it was their first time at an American feed trough.

When I told them they can't reuse the plate, they got confused and said "Isn't that a lot more work for the guy washing dishes in back?"
>>
File: 1453305900269.png (295 KB, 523x523) Image search: [Google]
1453305900269.png
295 KB, 523x523
>>7471966
Fucking huge bro
>>
>>7480978
I really fucking need this shirt
>>
>>7471631
>maximize my intake at a buffet?
fat asshole detected

Enjoy your diabetes.
>>
>>7480270
I was only there because Londonewyork was closed that day.
>>
>>7471631
Best way to maximize intake is to eat nothing but soft serve ice cream. Gallons upon gallons. When you're near your limit, it's time to get kicked out by powerchugging soft serve direct from the spout.
>>
>>7480270
There is literally nothing wrong with single plate buffets. They offer foods that would not be viable for a bariatric buffet.
>>
>the buffet make God tier Greek potatoes so you don't eat expensive food
>>
>>7482264

I'll admit I cannot resist a well made potato of any kind.
>>
jut take a girl with you with a big purse who can store a lot of food in her purse. the only way you'll flip a profit
>>
>>7482441
or take s girl with a huge stomach.
>>
>>7473301
they dont really have to throw out any food, most restaurants dont cook your food to order they just have a few scratch ingredients and assemble them based on that, example italian
cooked pasta: 10lbs
marinara:10lbs
tortellini:10lbs
chicken slices for parm: 10lbs
three dishes covered if you just make sides to go with, but you have to keep making the ingredients pretty regularly so there's a lot of food waste, buffets just leave that shit til its gone. little waste
>>
File: 1456847928-20160301.png (410 KB, 684x1625) Image search: [Google]
1456847928-20160301.png
410 KB, 684x1625
>>
The Answer:

Go with some friends. Talk among yourselves. Stay for 4 hours. Eat both Lunch and Dinner.
>>
>someone posts something weird and outlandish about their eating/buffet habits
>"that's not normal"
Gee it's almost like there are abnormal people on 4chan
>>
>>7477820
black people on the city bus
>>
>>7476976
I can't wait to be 40 and shooting the shit with teenagers on a Ukrainian nuclear plant BBS.
>>
>>7471631
Take the breading off the shrimp.
Drink less water, it will make you feel bloated. Don't drink nothing though, it will kill your appetite.
Meat is money.
If you try something but it isn't good, don't eat it. It is their job to fill the buffet with food to your liking. You have no obligation to stuff nasty shit down your gullet just because they have the audacity to serve it. Send the plate away full, they'll either learn or lose money. Wasteful, yes, but you're at a buffet. This isn't the time to feel guilt about your carbon footprint, or the Ethiopians you Nancy faggot, this is eating time. And you will WIN.
>>
You don't, though. If you wanted value and variety, you should cook. I've never been to a buffet that was not over priced for the quality they offer. The meat in these places are Standard or Standard-, fish are frozen and unfrozen over and over, fried food have poor breadding, and fruits are over pruned. Hey, it's your 15 bucks, though.
>>
>>7471631
Avoid all sides. Eat only meat. Not processed shit like nugs or tenders. Real meat. Fuck dessert too, put zip lock bags in your pockets and bring some home for sandwiches the next day.
>>
invite a hooker with the money you saved.

pay her to
1. keep you company
2. try to match what you're eating, item for item
2a. cry
>>
>>7471953
LMAO me and my girls do that sometimes. they said all you can eat, not all you can eat right now.
>>
>>7472026
sounds like heaven on earth. any buffet in particular?
>>
>>7471631
eat only desert
>>
>>7471818
I'm this, but not go crap buffet. Go place serve nice. Eat well defeat god.
>>
>>7471631
Portion control, if there's not at least five or more different items on each plate, you're getting too much of each thing. You can always go back for seconds of something you like, just make all the portions on each plate small. Don't binge on carbs like rolls and pasta and only drink water with it, every other liquid will be too filling. Don't worry about clearing every plate, if you're not enthused by something, don't finish it so you can have more room for trying other things or getting seconds of things you like.

But seriously OP, why would you ever want to go to a buffet? The food quality is shit...
Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.