[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you ever still eat boxed Macaroni and Cheese?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Tomato Basil Mac and Cheese.gif (618 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Tomato Basil Mac and Cheese.gif
618 KB, 1024x768
What do you do to make it not taste like baby food?

A bunch of boxes of this 4 cheese, hickory smoke flavored stuff mysteriously showed up in my house awhile back, and apparently I’m the only one willing to eat it.

Make it like normal, but when you add the butter, also add diced tomatoes, with granulated garlic, Coleman’s mustard, and fresh cracked black pepper. After the tomatoes have cooked a bit add a splash of dry vermouth, and allow the alcohol to cook off before adding the milk and powdered cheese. Right before you’re ready to plate, stir in some fresh basil.

Next time I’ll probably top it with a little seasoned panko and throw it under the broiler to get a nice crust on top.

It’s still nowhere near homemade, but is nonetheless better than trying to doctor up instant ramen.
>>
>>7471446
Is that dry or regular Colman's?

I've always kinda wondered why people used the powder.
>>
>>7471502

I've only ever had the powdered.

I have half a dozen bottles/jars of prepared mustard in the fridge, but use Coleman's more as a spice, for that pure mustard seed flavor.
>>
Add bacon. It's not like we're gonna life forever
>>
My local Kroger has their store brand mac n cheese for 39 cents a box. Shockingly, I think it's better than Kraft. I picked up 10 boxes and eat half a box at a time. 20 meals for $3.90. Checkmate, atheists.
>>
>>7471553

10 boxes is kind of a big investment, but for that cheap I guess why not.

I honestly don't think I could eat an entire box of Kraft at this point; it just tastes so fake.
>>
>>7471700
You would consider less than $4 to be kind of a big investment?
>>
>>7471721

No, the investment is that you now have 10 boxes of cheap macaroni and cheese taking up space on your shelves and asking to be eaten.
>>
I cook and I'm not a poor parent trying to feed fussy kids, so no, I never eat boxed mac & cheese.
>>
>>7471525
>>
Only pic related. KD is mush.
>>
I toss in like half a pound of cottage cheese instead of butter into my Walmart 40 cent box of "hospitality" mac and cheese. Wa la.
>>
why would you go to that much effort when you can make your own? the whole point is convenience, and you're sacrificing a lot of health and flavour for little added convenience if you're adding all that stuff to make it palatable.
>>
>>7471748
>>7472938

The point of the thread was that OP came into a bunch of boxes of the stuff and was wondering what other people would do with it.

Are you really so above eating it that you'd just throw it away?
>>
>>7473505
>Are you really so above eating it that you'd just throw it away?
Fuck no. I'd donate it to a food bank. Just because I won't eat that shit doesn't mean I would want it to go to someone who would appreciate it.
>>
>>7473505
>The point of the thread was that OP came into a bunch of boxes of the stuff and was wondering what other people would do with it.
>Are you really so above eating it that you'd just throw it away?
Yea, I'd keep it for 2 yrs for an emergency, or I'd donate it. It sounds horrible to have fake smoke flavoring.

Making Kraft more palatable would be to provide some texture, like a crisp buttered breadcrumb topping, or some ground beef like chili mac, or some crispy bacon on top.

I guess you could cook it, chill it, and slice into wedges or scoop into balls, and do some Alton fried mac n cheese. I've had it as an appetizer in restaurants, obviously panko crusted, minced onion, dipped in marinara (Cheesecake factory).
I've also had it fried as a plank, and served on top of a burger, with jalapenos, or roasted poblano peppers, which reminded me of a chile relleno with more texture.
>>
>>7472801
Look at this gourmet motherfucker. You think your a fancy faggot?
>>
>>7471446

>maceroni you didn't by "mysteriously showed up"

Aka my mom bought this shit, I think I'm an adult, but I haven't moved out, tell me how to cook fellow Internet losers.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.