[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
chicken skin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: ck.jpg (137 KB, 1024x686) Image search: [Google]
ck.jpg
137 KB, 1024x686
what are some good uses for chicken skin?
>>
>>7471235

it helps fill up my garbage can
>>
The only purpose it can serve is to flavor water, then you scoop out the fat
>>
Render to schmalz
>>
>>7471235
Eating it.
>>
>>7471235
>>7471241
>>7471252
>>7471256
white people detected
>>
>>7471235
>>7471241
>>7471252
>>7471256
>flavour? yuck!!
>>
>>7471284
>flavor water
>flavor
>>
I really like sautéed/fried chicken skins. Not the healthiest snack though.
>>
>>7471287
degenerate americunt
>>
>>7471284
The whole point of schmalz is to add flavor. If you didn't want flavor you'd use vegetable oil.
>>
>>7471235
Bread it, fry it, plate it, pour out some milk, plate it and bring it up to my hotel room. That's what you do with chicken skins.
[spoiler]Today, bitch.[/spoiler]
>>
>>7471235

Knit a sweater
>>
Eat it yum yum in my tum tum :3
>>
>>7471235
Use it to protect a nice filet of poultry when you sear or bake it.

Stretch and fry it or dry bake it for half a day and eat it like chips.

Render it down in a skillet and use the fat to cook something.
>>
Render it and use it as a base for a roux or a bermanier(sp), if im making chicken stew I debone a whole chicken, pan fry that sucker, chop it up and use the rest of the fat with flour to make a roux and add it to my stock from the bones, chop the meat with the crispy skin and all and throw it in at the end. Usually corn/potato/ in the broth and red pepper, onion, garlic, a spicy pepper, and lots of sage/rosemary/thyme/ and paprika sweated down to start.
>>
>>7471235
Fry it up and eat it.
>>
>>7471235

doing anything with chicken skin other than eating it off the chicken it came attached to is 100% chink-tier disgusting
>>
>>7471290
wut? the southern states are the ones pretty much known for chicken skin.
>>
>>7471284
Why is this post so fucking funny to me?
>>
You eat it, like a normal person
>>
>>7472584
>not saving 10 birds worth and eating it all at once.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.