[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the food with the highest meme density? https://you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: meme.jpg (41 KB, 638x437) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
41 KB, 638x437
Is this the food with the highest meme density?

https://youtu.be/3s4tvVS9VO0
>>
>>7471040
>This guy's voice

Fucking end it.
>>
>>7471040
Couldn't be more memed out if they carved a rare Pepe into the meat.
>>
Looks dank as heck. Nobody would turn that steak down. I dunno why you guys have to complain about things you know nothing about.
>>
>>7471040
I think the biggest meme ever on /ck/ was pink salt, or ketchup and A1 on a well done steak
>>
>>7471040

The host should off himself, he's so fucking terrible.

I saw this shit a few days ago and turned it off because of this memester.
>>
>>7471182
>not Irish stew guy
>>
The chefs face when he said he wanted to eat a piece of it raw.

>mmmm its like charcutie

This nigga gonna die
>>
>>7471215
even the fucking chef knew that was a bad move
>>
>>7471192

noob
>>
>>7471268
>WHAT A POWERFUL FUNK. YOURE REALLY PUSHING THE BOUNDARY OF WHAT IT MEANS TO CREATE THE ULTIMATE PIECE OF MEAT.

Chef was like "I'm literally just experimenting to see what happens......"

what a pretentious faggot this guy is.
>>
>>7471285
I mean, isn't that a good thing? He was experimenting and the person who tasted it thought it was so good that he gave this over complicated description of it. I'd feel pretty cool being the chef.
>>
>>7471338
>this botulism really brings out the umami flavors from the meat
>>
>>7471357
>botulism
>in a solid piece of meat stored in what is essentially an extremely well ventilated refrigerator
Come on buddy.
>>
>>7471338
I dunno, he looked really uncomfortable. I'd be too if some guy showed up in my restaurant and started to spout meaningless meme terms. It's like a Yelp review come to life.
>>
>>7471338
It's cool for the chef that he inadvertently discovered a way to make lots of money off people with their heads up their own asses.

The chef seems like a legitimately cool guy.
>>
>>7471366
>I don't even know what I could charge for this
I like how honest that was, but I bet he wishes he hadn't said it now. in NYC he might actually be able to charge a G for that steak if he can maintain the illusion that it's a fair price.
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 274x242) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 274x242
This grade of beef in particular is the most expensive you can get in the world and the aging on top of that would make this piece of meat well above the grand per pound mark.

What stuns me the most is how casual they were about eating this, for having a shred of culinary knowledge, this is the kind of meat you serve to your best patrons at some of the best restaurants on the globe

One hand you have this ridiculous rib eye of exquisite grade with 400+ days of dry aging that you can make mad money on it, one the other hand, who is going to buy a piece at that price?
>>
>>7471397
>who is going to buy a piece at that price?
When value is based on scarcity, there will be a small number of wealthy people who will pay for something just to say they had "the best thing ever".
>>
>>7471415
I can agree to a certain point just because of how vain people can be about rare event and whatnot. I'm honestly more stumped about how the chef is just going to serve this to a client that comes out like
>Oi mate, I heard ya got your aged meat there, here's 1.2 grand for a piece

Honestly how is the chef gonna keep up if there's a demand for aged Rib Eye Steak all of a sudden. Sure he makes loads of money off a single plate, but his drying fridge is only so big
>>
>>7471440
>YFW the drying fridge is lined with bricks of pink salt

this nigga knows what hes doing.
>>
>>7471464
Oh yea, wasn't sure what that was, but had a doubt. Yea the guy has good taste.

However, I'm more of a black salt person myself
>>
File: nick.png (1 MB, 1270x656) Image search: [Google]
nick.png
1 MB, 1270x656
jesus. this is the face of every pretentious critic
>>
>>7471509
pretty much. He looks like every millennial yelper who thinks he has the power to make or break a business based on his opinion.
>>
>>7471361

Depending on the temperature listeriosis could be a risk.
>>
>>7471040
but why is it so fatty
>>
>>7471669
Ribeye is a fatty cut of meat.
>>
>>7471678
but thats like 90% fat, you cant even call that marbled
>>
>>7471531
>millennial

He looks at least 40.
>>
>>7472044
Right, use the proper term "nu-male"
>>
>>7471040
>faggot hipster complete with sleeve tattoos

jesus christ
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.