[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me you don't do this, /ck/. Do you know anyone that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
Tell me you don't do this, /ck/.

Do you know anyone that does it? Have you tried to teach them the error of their ways?
>>
I never did that because I had cracked lips as a child and the acidity of the ketchup hurt me.
>>
yeah what the fuck why would you use ketchup instead of mayo
>>
>>7470248
>>7470249
I think he means drizzling the ketchup over the fries rwther than dip them individually for a balance of ketchup per fry
>>
>>7470304
I have two friends who do it. Whenever I ask them why, they get super defensive over it. Like, okay, whatever, but I just find it baffling when someone willingly chooses to do something that is inefficient and more of a hindrance than a help.

I personally prefer my fries with a chocolate shake.
>>
Well the argument againts it is that you can get a fry thats way too drenched in sauce or one that has none. My solution to this is if you get one without sauce simply eat it with a lot of it and vice versa.
>>
>>7470334
Or just dip your god damn fries like a civilized human and avoid turning your side order into a fucking critical thinking problem.
>>
>>7470334

Not to mention that pre-saucing the fries makes them get soggy faster.
>>
File: fonzy.jpg (29 KB, 296x296) Image search: [Google]
fonzy.jpg
29 KB, 296x296
>>7470249
THIS
>>
>>7470356
It also makes them cool much faster, as the cold ketchup (straight out of the fridge in most cases) quickly absorbs the heat of the chips.

I still do it if I'm using a plastic squeezy bottle though. I don't even know why. It's like I lose control at the critical point. I'm stood over my chips, holding the sauce, then suddenly I squeeze and shake it all over my food. By the time I realise what I'm doing it's too late.

If a condiment's coming out of a glass bottle or jar I'll put a dollop on the plate though. It's a mystery. Maybe the feel of cheap plastic against my skin somehow triggers the pleb behaviour routine.
>>
>>7470623
>I'm stood over my chips, holding the sauce, then suddenly I squeeze and shake it all over my food. By the time I realise what I'm doing it's too late.
Seek help, anon, it's never too late to change.
>cold ketchup (straight out of the fridge in most cases)
I know people who keep their ketchup in the fridge. This also seems wrong to me. Not sure why, but as a kid we always kept ours in a cupboard and it held up just fine.
>>
>>7470237
You might be the single most autistic person on /ck/ right now.

Unless there's a vegan lurking around, anyway.
>>
File: storage instructions.jpg (136 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
storage instructions.jpg
136 KB, 375x500
>>7470687
>we always kept ours in a cupboard
Yeah, it'll probably be alright but why take the risk?
>>
>>7470314

I never cared that other people did it to their own fries. I only had a problem if I was sharing fries and someone did that shit.

My wife did it when we were still dating. I didn't sperg on here, just explained I really didn't prefer she did that, I didn't want to maneuver to get a damn french fry without getting ketchup finger.
>>
File: chippy.jpg (329 KB, 1600x1205) Image search: [Google]
chippy.jpg
329 KB, 1600x1205
>>7470779
I always eat them with a fork if they're sauced in a messy way like that.

Chip shops always give you a free little wooden fork (or you can buy a plastic one for 5p) because any sauce you get that isn't in a sachet (curry, gravy, mushy peas, etc.) goes all over the food. Pic related.
>>
>>7470818
>charging for a plastic fork
>>
>>7470823
We charge for "grocery" bags also

Joke of a country tbfh
>>
>>7471198
We charge for grocery bags here too but only because you're supposed to bring your own reusable ones.
>>
>people doing this with cold ketchup

Makes me fucking gag. Actually, cold ketchup on anything is fucking disgusting. The only time op's pic is acceptable is with poutine or chili fries.
>>
>>7470237
i eat my fries with BBQ sauce
>>
File: french-fries-ketchup.jpg (63 KB, 591x591) Image search: [Google]
french-fries-ketchup.jpg
63 KB, 591x591
My old roommate used to do that all of the time when we went out to eat. Doesn't bother me at all because I'm not an autist...Probably.
>>
>>7470237
I used to always dip and only dip, until I ate french fries from a chinese food restaurant. I never went back,
>>
Even better on scrambled eggs.
>>
>>7470818
>overfried
>thin filet
>only one filet
>gravy looks like ass id rather omit
Wow fish and chips in America looks a lot better than that shit
>>
>>7470237
No because I'm not an autist that feels the need to tell other people how they should eat
>>
>>7471588
Fish and chips in the UK looks a lot better than that most of the time, I pretty much picked a random pic off Google images. Pretty sure that's not gravy btw, it's chip shop curry.

And I doubt ALL fish and chips in America is better than that. Like the UK (and anywhere), there'll be a significant range of quality. Fish brought a thousand miles inland from the coast isn't going to be very fresh, for example.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.