[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who drinks what these days? For example, I'd never have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
Who drinks what these days?

For example, I'd never have guessed that Jaegermeister was drunk by anyone but small town German pensioners. Apparently student parties like a grandmotherly touch, or at least, have been persuaded that they do by expert marketing.
>>
People drink whatever they prefer to drink.
>>
>>7470226
>#Sanders2016
>>
>>7470242
Still better than Trump.
>>
Neckbeards drink martinis becuase le sophistication.
>>
>>7470259
>Le sophistication
They also refer to blue cheese as bleu.
>>
>>7470196
>apparently students like jaeger
have you been living under a rock in africa or something?
thats been a thing for a long time.

Cocktails that are spirit forward rather than sugary are kind of at the forefront right now, thats biggest trend i can think of at the moment.

Fireball's insane popularity is spawning a bunch of shitty to pretty good knock-offs
>>
>>7470196

>I'd never have guessed that jaegermeister was drunk by anyone but small town german pensioners

Just how underage are you,OP?
>>
>>7470305
I think OP is like 19

I'm mainly a beer drinker. Cocktails I like too
>>
>>7470263
Because that's how it's usually spelled on the label?

Usually referring to "thing" by "thing" catches on.
>>
>>7470315

This.

People who get triggered by people who write it as "bleu cheese" are literally autistic, except for some reason they don't insist on translating the names of virtually any other foreign foods.
>>
>>7470196
so you didn't get invited to a party until your second semester, huh? Better late than never, I guess.
>>
>>7470315
>Because that's how it's usually spelled on the label?

Crap cheese buyer detected.

It should never have the word "bleu" on the label. The label should reflect the specific type of cheese: Stilton, Roquefort, Gorgonzola, etc. If it simply says "blue" or "bleu" cheese then that's a pretty strong sign that it's crap cheese.
>>
>>7470305
>>7470309
>>7470311
>>7470326
Did I bring up a sensitive topic?

I'm not American. I couldn't reliably tell the difference between Koors and Boors, or Cheezballs and Cheezwings, and I also don't know what Twonkoes or Coolios are, although they are apparently the breakfast of champions who saved money on their car insurance by eating fresh. I'm very culturally deprived.
>>
>>7470196
>have been persuaded that they do by expert marketing.

Jagermeister has had a huge marketing campaign for decades. It has a very different reputation in places like the US and UK than it does in Germany.
>>
>>7470321
Its literally called blue on everything, aspie
>>
>>7471327

>i'm very culturally deprived

You might as well just say you're 3rd world, because Jaeger has been marketing itself as a hip, young persons drink in the US, Europe, and Australia for decades now.
>>
>>7471347
Sure, whatever. I'm from beyond the Jaegerzone of cool grandma drinks that are a sensitive subject.
>>
>>7471354

You obviously speak English. Have you not seen a single American movie in the past 20 years where people do Jaeger shots?
>>
>>7471381
Apparently not. I assumed people just poured it into their coke, or if they were feeling ritzy, into their red bull.
>>
Blackberry Moscow Mule

Ginger beer
Vodka
Lime
Blackberries

Crush blackberries
Add lime juice
Mix
Add crushed ice
Add vodka
Add beer
Stir

Enjoy
>>
>>7471482
They drink it as either shots or mixed with red bull and chugged while their friends scream "Wooo jagerbombs" and then they bump chests together in a very intimate but assuredly heterosexual manner
>>
>>7471537
I thought you meant beer-beer for a minute there.
>>
>>7471381
Name five such movies.
>>
it tastes like shit and is only 35% alcohol. how did it get so popular? even cheap tequila is nicer if you wooooo do shots bro yeah!
>>
>>7472653
It's nice if you like licorice.
>>
>>7472653
I like licorice and I don't like agave. I'd rather do a shot of jager than tequila.
>>
>>7472662
>not liking licorice AND agave

Good, more Jaegeritas for me.
>>
Has gin been completely supplanted by vodka in younger generations (Generation Jaegerzone)?
>>
File: 291614_1_1_detail.jpg (19 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
291614_1_1_detail.jpg
19 KB, 540x540
>>7470196
i put these in my beer
>>
Everyone I know drinks gin and beer. I prefer bourbon myself but beer can be okay.
>>
>>7471347
>jaeger
>hip
I'm 40 and grew up in the US (although I've traveled a great deal more than you no doubt) and I always thought of it as something clueless meat heads drank. Even when I was a teenager.

Then again we didn't really have television growing up, and most of the advertising I was exposed to was on NPR, and in magazines such as the New Yorker, National Geographic, and stuff like that.
>>
>>7471381
Not him but I sure haven't. Maybe it's because only American teen "comedies" show this and I avoid those like the plague.
>>
>tfw wine country

Being drunk on wine > being drunk on anything
>>
>>7470196
Holy SHIT. This anon is so hard that his GRANDMA drinks jaeger. I think we're outclassed here boys.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1356x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1356x2048
Another college drink. Usually consumed by campus sluts.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.