[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it worth it to get a costco membership? I go shopping once
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
Is it worth it to get a costco membership? I go shopping once a week and spend about $50, I need to save money. But Im worried about costcos upfront cost and selection.
Any costcobros here?
>>
>>7469824
I don't wish to bore you with intricacies and minute details so I'll just say yes, it is worth it.
>>
File: 1449319889056.jpg (99 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1449319889056.jpg
99 KB, 640x640
>>7469824

If you have the cash (or an Amex card) and you buy all your staples there like toilet paper, detergent, bathroom stuff etc then yeah. Spending fifty bucks a week there will get you more than your money back if you opt for the second level membership. The basic one doesn't give you any money back but the higher ones have a yearly percentage they return to you. My aunt always makes her money back and she's just buying stuff for her and her husband.

Anzu is mine btw
>>
>>7469824
I've had the same question, and I'd go with no. I don't think it really becomes worth it if that 50 bucks is going towards you and you alone.

If you and another person are splitting the membership, then yeah I think it becomes worth it, but in terms of the food benefits you really won't see all that much in terms of savings I'd imagine.
>>
Its probably not going to be worth it for you.

They make you buy enormous amounts of food at once. Their packaging and portion size is very large.

The best thing to get from there is beef or other meats and fish but again their NY steaks are like 14 oz instead of a reasonable 10oz

The only reason why we have a membership is because the local grocery stores sell crap fish and beef. But that is our problem locally.

You might have better selection where you live or a good butcher nearby to get good stuff from.
>>
>>7469824
Definitely worth it. Especially for a person in your situation.
>>
>>7469843

Nah senpai, best thing to get from there is kirkland brand booze
>>
>>7469824
make-upless anzu is still fuckable.
>>
>>7469824
If I was in your shoes, I'd definitely get a Costco membership.
>>
>>7469852
IKR? Fuck her in the ass while your buddy hits her with a baseball bat.
>>
>>7469852

Still? She's almoat better that way. I mean I'd destroy her in any situation but she's smoking hot without makeup.

>>7469864

This guy gets it
>>
>>7469864
kek
>>
>>7469824
>>7469837
The weeaboo filth must be purged.
>>
>>7469824
I mean if you're okay with eating the same thing multiple meals in a row, it could save you money. Everything thing is in bulk so things could spoil easily before you finish them, that's why you would have to eat it in a row. I live alone, If I needed to save money I would just shop at walmart probably. I don't need to save money atm so a combination of publix, costco, and sometimes fresh market works for me.
>>
>>7469955

Anime is 4 faggets I just like skinny bitches
>>
>>7469824

i'm canadian, so i can't speak for americans, but i easily pay for my yearly costco membership if i buy $200 of meat. costco meat is at least 30% cheaper than other grocery stores, and usually better quality. also it's the cheapest gas i can find in canada. too bad i bought a brand fucking new diesel vw last year...
>>
anzujaamu is literally perfect
>>
>>7469824
>>7469837
Stop posting this fucking turkroach slut
>>
Why is everyone trolling OP?

I've done the cost analysis. Even me and my wife + kid, who spend more than you do, probably ~$400 a month.

It wasn't worth it. This is including membership fees into savings. Costco, BJ's, and Sam's Club is for families of 5 or more, or upper middle class or above who desire convenience/not having shop at Walmart or other places where the dregs (You) of society shop.
>>
File: well i'll be darned.jpg (115 KB, 388x388) Image search: [Google]
well i'll be darned.jpg
115 KB, 388x388
>he spends $50 a week instead of $50 a month
>>
>>7469824
You spend $200 a month on food?
What do you eat? Baked beans and spam?
>>
You'll easily spend $300 in one go on like 15 items

Only worth it if you have a large family, a lot of storage space, and plenty of disposable income on hand
>>
>>7469824
Do you have any friends with a membership
Just ask to use their card
They don't check the membership cards in detail.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.