[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You are presented with the following two choices: (A) Never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4
File: qsr.png (255 KB, 652x367) Image search: [Google]
qsr.png
255 KB, 652x367
You are presented with the following two choices:

(A) Never be allowed to eat from ANY fast food restaurant for the rest of your life

(B) Be forced to only eat from fast food restaurants for three years.

What is your choice and why?
>>
I'd rather never have fast food again. I already eat it so rarely, maybe 3 or 4 times a year that it wouldn't matter to me. Option B sounds yucky.
>>
Never to eat from any fast food place ever again. The only time I can see this being a major problem is on road trips. Other than that I basically never eat fast food already.
>>
>>7468523
Well I doubt any of us would survive 3 straight years of fast food every day, and even if we did our body would be in irreparable shape so I would obviously rather never eat it again. Easy question desu, next.
>>
Never eat fast food again. I don't eat it that much in the first place, and when I do it's always just for the convenience rather than the taste.
>>
>>7468523
>Well I doubt any of us would survive 3 straight years of fast food every day
What? I could do 3 years of fast food and come out healthier if I really wanted to.
>>
>>7468538
Ok buddy start doing that. Literally nothing can be consumed except fast food for 3 years, post your progress on here every week. If you're alive and under 400 pounds at the end of 3 years I'll send you $100,000
>>
>>7468548
Calories are calories dude. Not like I have to consume more just because I'm not making it myself.

And way to reduce health down to calorie intake. You can be incredibly skinny and still be incredibly unhealthy.
>>
>>7468538
Yeah it's really all about portion control rather than what you eat
>>
>>7468557
Your heart and kidneys will not last that long, I don't care if you can burn the calories. Go for it mate, I'm being serious. Come out of it alive and you get $100,000. If you lose I get the satisfaction of knowing some retarded faggot is dead.

And no fast food salads, that is cheating and a pussy tactic. You have to eat normal fast food items.
>>
>>7468570
Why wouldn't salads be allowed? Obviously you just now realized how retarded you are so tried to disqualify them but I really want to hear your reasoning.
>>
>>7468570
>Your heart and kidneys will not last that long
Why?
>I don't care if you can burn the calories
Anyone can burn the calories. I'm not special.
>And no fast food salads, that is cheating and a pussy tactic
How isn't it a normal item? Its on the menu like everything else.
>>
>>7468570
>And no fast food salads
Why not, they wash the fucking things in sugar water, nothing is safe with these places, I say let him have it.
Now, saying "I'm only going to drink water." and not the sugary shit from the fountain now that would be cheating.
>>
>>7468591
So I guess diet soda is cheating?
>>
>>7468597
Nope. Have at it nigga.
>>
>>7468534
I've eaten fast food daily for years. I've tried nearly every item and consider myself an authority.
>>
>>7468582

I had not thought of salads until that moment. I was arguing that this dude can't eat cheeseburgers and fries every day for 3 years and live

>>7468585

Because you can burn calories and keep fat away, but you can do nothing about the obscene amounts of cholesterol that will clog up your heart. Did you see that guy from supersize me? He got fucked up and he didn't do it for nearly this long. As far as the salads not being fair that is not a standard fast food item.

You and I might have just had different ideas about what we were talking about. I am saying 3 years of eating the stereotypical meal at mcdonalds every meal of every day would kill you. If you wanted to pick the safest things on the menu and drink water most of the time then sure, you would probably be okay.

>>7468591

Still invalidates the point of the experiment. I want this guy to try to survive 3 years of burgers/chicken and fries. His heart will pop like a balloon. And yeah water is gay too, I'm trying to get the authentic fast food experience here
>>
>>7468523
A 'cause all fast food food except popeye's is shit
>>
>>7468626
I don't think it would come anywhere near killing you, but you definitely wouldn't be healthy.
>>
>>7468602
Daily but every meal? I don't think you understand the nutrient deficiencies and heart attack risk that having only a diet of fast food would cause. Staying in good shape and burning the calories doesn't undo the damage that these meals do to your body long term.
>>
>>7468629
Depends what age you are I guess. If I'm arguing with a 20 year old they would probably survive. 40+? I seriously doubt it. Even an out of shape 30-40 year old that isn't going to work out at all would probably be bodied by 3 years of fast food.
>>
B. I could definitely argue that places like 5 guys and chipotle are fast food, and if that doesn't work I would rock Chick-fil-A.
>>
>>7468626
I work with people that eat literally nothing but fast food (the specific type you're citing, no salads or water ever) everyday for at least the last 10 years that I've worked here. Yes they're visibly a heart attack waiting to happen, but still alive and kicking.
>>
>>7468669
the human body is surprisingly resilient to trauma
>>
>>7468523
not eat from FF

because the food I make is literally 20 cents per meal, and on the fly I spend 10 bucks at a store and eat four times off it
>>
>>7468626
Didnt it come out that the dude from Supersize Me was doing some other shit on the side to fuck himself up more for the story?
>>
>>7468714
No idea but it wouldn't surprise me. He got rich and famous as fuck from making Mcdonalds look like hitler
>>
>>7468724
I'm too lazy to Google it but I think he was doing something as heinous as taking heroin so that he could film his withdrawals and claim they were the result of the food.
>>
>>7468750
Lol what a faggot. Got him rich though, and he killed the supersize meals forever :(
>>
>>7468714
Really any idiot could see that movie was bullshit. We all know fatasses that eat almost nothing but fast food their whole lives but we're supposed to believe this guy was on the brink of death after one month?
>>
>(Be) Be forced to only eat from fast food restaurants for three years

It's not unhealthy if you make smart choices and eat sensible portions, and I don't want to lose my right to try limited-time-only fast food items for my entire life.
>>
A

3 years is ridiculous. I could do 3 months maybe.
>>
>>7468523
Option A of course. Im not an U.S.Acuck
>>
>>7468523
B. Easy. I live in hipster central, so there are no shortage of healthy fast food options. I love Sonic drinks too much to go with A.
>>
A. I could handle it. Eating fast food 3x a day for 2-3 max is all I can do.
>>
B. I'd just live off fast food salads on the weekdays and eat burgers on the weekend
>>
Salads.
Chick-fil-A grilled nuggies
Fish sandwiches
Baked potato plain
Vegis from chicken places

It's not that hard
>>
>>7468523
A for my own good, but I'd hate it
>>
What counts as fast food? Is gas station prepared food fast food? What about wal-mart hot bar etc? Or like, a local sandwich shop, diner, chain restaurant applebees whatever?

I'd probably go with B if it's only 3 years of all fast food vs whole life without, if all things are equal though I'd just make the stuff myself at home and complain about how inconvenient it is.

Lots of fast food is actually kind of gross especially if you eat it often, but the taste and convenience really make it. When you want something good without all the hassle.
>>
>>7469079
Subway makes this easy.

Tons of different sandwich options and a good deal of healthy enough options.
>>
>>7469087
Ha you have to be joking, when I worked at Subway as a teenager I was the fattest I had ever been in my life. And I didn't even eat the steak. Just tuna and turkey sandwiches for months made me gain like 40 lbs.

Maybe if you eat salads with the fat free dressings and little to no cheese it's fine, but that bread really piles on the calories.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 750x1334
>>7468570

I'll do it

Fast food is awesome

Email me: [email protected]

I'm starting at 6'0" 135 lbs
>>
>>7469148
>I'm starting at 6'0" 135 lbs

Wow skelly this might actually make you healthier

And

>[email protected]

Gay and fake
>>
Would sushi and other quick take-out places (Chinese, Thai, etc) count or does it have to be crap franchises?
>>
>>7468523
>Be forced to only eat from fast food restaurants for three years
I did it for four years and t︂b︂︂h the only reason I don't anymore is that it's less convenient for me now
>>
A.

I don't want to have to leave my house every time I want to eat. and I'm definitely not stocking up on reheated fast food. people saying "only three years" like they wouldn't lose their minds leaving to go get a bottle of water. fuck that I'll do without. if it was enforceable it'd be the best choice for my life anyway
>>
>>7469185

That's actually my email
>>
>>7468523
Does being forced mean I don't have to pay? If so B is the easy answer
>>7468534
You're a nutritional retard desu. It wouldn't be optimal, but it wouldn't be difficult to get all your macros and micros
>>
>>7469220
>Does being forced mean I don't have to pay? If so B is the easy answer

This.

Otherwise A
>>
Lifetime ban. This isn't even a decision unless youre a lardass with no cooking skills.
>>
>>7469148
Back to Tumblr landwhale.
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 960x578) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 960x578
>>7469394

I voted Trump in my primary
>>
>>7468523
A.) McDonald's because I have a vendetta against them
B.)Probably eat at subway despite hating them too
>>
>>7469410
Oh shit I thought the question was give up one fast food place forever and only eat at one for 3 years.
Fuck yeah I'd give up fast food forever.
If I was poor and the fast food was free, free subways for 3 years please.
>>
To me, food is food. Why not die like a king. EAT TILL YOU DIE I SAY
>>
I'm down to only eat fast food, but I don't want to have to leave my house to get food for every meal
>>
>>7468523
if i had to only eat from fast food restaurants for even one year, i'd probably go insane
>>
If I had the money, I'd pick B. But I can't cause I couldn't afford to at the moment.
>>
>>7468523

I barely eat any fast food... maybe like 2 or 3 times a year so I'm perfectly fine with choice A
>>
>>7468523
>(B) Be forced to only eat from fast food restaurants for three years.

honestly i've probably done this already
>>
>>7468523
A
>>
>>7468714
I don't know but it has come out that every single attempt at duplicating his little experiment have all shown that the movie was COMPLETELY full of shit and all got the same results of "slight weight gain and lowered energy levels but otherwise completely healthy."
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.