[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm from a country where this isn't readily available.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7
File: Spam_can.png (4 MB, 1050x996) Image search: [Google]
Spam_can.png
4 MB, 1050x996
I'm from a country where this isn't readily available.
Yet I've gotten my hands on one can of Spam.

What's the best I can get out of it ?
>>
>>7468039
fry it on your stovetop
>>
>>7468042
Agreed. Either eat it by itself or on a sandwich. Its taste is kinda in between ham and bacon.
>>
Okay. What sauce goes well with it ?

Ketchup, BBQ ?
>>
>>7468039
Fry it, dice it, then add to scrambled eggs for breakfast.
This is the only correct answer
>>
>>7468039
take it back
you were sucked in by notalgic islanders
>>
>>7468072
That'd make it way too salty, it's fine on its own
>>
>>7468087
Most young people won't touch the stuff. I actually hate my generation most of them actually choose to eat quorn and drink soy milk and then say they wont eat spam because "it looks nasty and is processed".
>>
>>7468039
Slice it thick for spam musubi or slice it paper thin and fry it crisp and eat it with eggs, on a burger, or in a sandwich with tomatoes.
>>
idk why the fuck you went of your way here. I mean, it's meat in a can. The standard is not very high here. Chop it up and throw it in a breakfast skillet.

It's also supposed to be very popular in Hawaii since there's no land to raise cattle out there. Typically gets served with grilled pineapple.
>>
>>7468039
lightly fried served with eggs and unseasoned white rice

also dont underestimate the saltiness of spam
>>
One plain or onion bagel.
Two eggs
Two slices of american cheese
Two .5 to 1cm thick slices of spam

Fry spam until lightly browned. Scramble eggs. toast bagel. Combine all in a sandwich between bagel halves. Enjoy one of the best breakfast sandwiches you have ever had.
>>
File: Spam musubi.jpg (346 KB, 1600x1333) Image search: [Google]
Spam musubi.jpg
346 KB, 1600x1333
>>7468039
>>
>>7468336
Spam and eggs.
>>
I just eat it out of the can

Take a spoon and treat it like ice cream
>>
>>7468039
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE
>>
>>7468336
+1
>>
>>7468336
that rice looks so fucking dry
>>
>>7468039
slice it, fry it, and eat it with white rice, maybe with a little furikake on the rice
it has a very bold flavor (to put it nicely) so any sauces or seasonings you might want to use on it just clash
>>
>>7468199
da fuq you babbling on about?
>>
>>7469250
That's how it's supposed to be...dry and sticky so that you can eat it with one hand.
>>
I like to just eat it on bread with butter.
>>
>>7468039
Do yourself a favor and cut the crap OP. If you're not from britain there is literally no reason for you to harm yourself over this.
>>
File: 1253522050234.gif (1 MB, 291x260) Image search: [Google]
1253522050234.gif
1 MB, 291x260
Fuck spam.
>Spam and eggs
>Spam sandwich
>Spam and rice
>Deep Fried spam
>Spam and noodles
>Spam stir-fry
>Spam and some other fucking meat with some starch
>>
>>7468039

i tend to use spam as a ballistic medium
>>
Throw it in the fucking trash.
>>
>>7468072
I put Frank's Chili and Lime hot sauce on it after I fry up a few slices next to a couple of eggs (easy over). I put salt and pepper on the eggs. I sometimes add baked beans as well. Lots of salt in baked beans.

Don't plan any exercise for the next hour, just sit back and enjoy the chest pains.
>>
File: news-graphics-2006-_625661a.gif (24 KB, 325x349) Image search: [Google]
news-graphics-2006-_625661a.gif
24 KB, 325x349
>>7469951
>spam spam spam egg and spam
>>
>>7470630
I prefer shoving it up my ass
>>
>>7468336
this.

Or slice it and fry it and serve it with eggs.

or cube it and put it on a pizza with pineapple for a more authentic Hawaiian pizza.
>>
>>7468039
Spam is good. Cube it up, brown it in a pan, then add whisked eggs and have scrambled eggs with spam. Don't add salt
>>
whatever they're having
>>
File: 1449694861500.png (269 KB, 590x443) Image search: [Google]
1449694861500.png
269 KB, 590x443
>>7468167
>I actually hate my generation

It's you!
The prodigy of your generation, the one we've all been waiting for.
This generation of yours; do they have bad music taste also? I've heard they way this generation dress themselves is ridiculous, is that right?
>>
>>7468167
>because "it is nasty and is processed".
fix'd that for you. it's garbage meat for poor people.
>>
>>7468039
Eggs spam and home fries are good, I've cooked spam into prepackaged jumbayala while backpacking that's pretty good too
>>
>>7468039
>I'm from a country where this isn't readily available.
Your country didn't fight on the Allied side in WW2?
>>
>>7468086
add some rice to it and yum yum sauce with the egg
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.