[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /ck/ How do I eat a full lobster? I have a family meal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 12351169_l.jpg (405 KB, 2508x1672) Image search: [Google]
12351169_l.jpg
405 KB, 2508x1672
Hello /ck/

How do I eat a full lobster? I have a family meal coming up and I don't want to make an ass of myself.
>>
>>7466862
What is it you don't understand about eating a lobster?
>>
start with the eyes
>>
>>7466862
Rotate the head from the tail then you can get to the tail meat, suck out the brain from the head. Rotate claws until they come off. Then wiggle out the small fingers slowly so you don't break any of the flesh the with a small pin get the meat out. You now have a perfect lobster.
>>
>>7466864

Im going to be sitting at a table with people I never met before. I dont want to be ripping apart a lobster with bits of shell flying everywhere.

I understand that I will need tools?
>>
>>7466870
As easy as that? Will I not be using tools to break the claws?

Any visual guides?
>>
>>7466943
If everyone is eating lobster, then everyone will be cracking open claws and digging/sucking out meat from the shells so you'll all be eating like a bunch of savages anyway. I wouldn't worry about embarrassing yourself.

The restaurant will provide you with the tools you need, which is basically just a claw/shell cracker and a thin fork for digging out the meat. You crack the shell and pull out the meat and eat it, usually dip it in some garlic butter or some other sort of sauce.
>>
>>7466948
Just google it. There are plenty of resources on the internet with guides on how to eat a lobster. It's not as complicated as you seem to think it is.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BCH4u9h_yg

the opening is obnoxious, but it seems to be a complete guide
>>
>>7466953
>>7466959
>>7466967

Thanks guys. Was starting to sperg out. Maybe i'm over thinking the whole process.
>>
>>7466967
forgot to add

DO NOT TOUCH YOUR FACE OR ANY PART OF YOUR SKIN IF YOUR HANDS ARE FULL OF LOBSTER JUICE HOLY FUCK

also, napkins. Lots of them. Paper is best.
>>
You know, OP... Since it's a family meal, couldn't you just ask someone to help you?
>>
>>7466981

I'm 38 m8.

My nieces and nephews will be there, prolly eating lobster like a boss.
>>
>>7467009
How the fuck are you 38 years old and not know how to eat a lobster?

Have you just been eating tendies your entire life?
>>
>>7467023

Yeah. I can break open the crispy golden shell of a tendie with my eyes closed, but when it comes to actual proper food, I don't have a clue.

And yes, I am a wizard.
>>
>>7467009
Dude, they'll be so happy to show how. Unless they're little shitheads.
>>
>>7466977
Not trolling. Eat the green stuff in the belly. Best part
>inb4 shit.
>>
Use scissors to cut all along the middle of the tail from the tip to where it attaches to the body. Then remove the tail meat in the tail with your hand. Just tear it out of there after you've opened all the tail from the incision. That's how to get the meat from lobster tail.
>>
The underside of the tail where it's softer.
>>
File: dremel500.jpg (15 KB, 500x348) Image search: [Google]
dremel500.jpg
15 KB, 500x348
any decent lobster place has these at the table, be sure to bring protective goggles
>>
>>7469975

>be eating dinner with family
>lobster course arrives
>"be right back everybody"
>return with scissors out of your arts and craft chest

Sounds like a great way not to make an ass out of yourself.
>>
>>7466862
Wear cleats.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.