[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm headed to Portland, OR in a few months. What are some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8
File: 1439161996051.jpg (125 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1439161996051.jpg
125 KB, 800x800
I'm headed to Portland, OR in a few months. What are some good (vegan friendly) places to eat /ck/?
>>
>>7466764
I'm no memer. Just looking for some good places to eat.
>>
>>7466761
What do you have against animals OP? You're no different than a restaurant owner who only serves white folks,

Are you racist?
>>
>>7466770
Visible sage is disabled you mong
>>7466771
Nothing, thats why I don't eat them you disgusting carnivore
>>
>go to possibly the best food city in the country for a few months
>limit yourself to the 10% (at most) vegan friendly places, and miss out on the culinary adventure of a lifetime

Yeah, this is bait.
>>
File: 1191793.jpg (64 KB, 580x300) Image search: [Google]
1191793.jpg
64 KB, 580x300
>>7466779
I bet you're a woman.
>>
ITT - OP gets torn apart
>>
>vegan

KYS
>>
>>7466795
I didn't say they had to be 100% vegan. I'm travelling with non-vegans, so places that can accomdatr both would be nice
>>
>>7466832
K
-
Y
-
S
>>
Go to Couch Park.

Plenty of leaves and grass there.
>>
>>7467250

I served on the PDX grand jury back in something like 2008, and one of the cases we saw involved a woman being raped in Couch Park.
>>
>>7466761
Fire on the Mountain
>>
>>7466817
>>7466846
>>7466792
>>7466785
>>7466770
>>7466764
Please fucking end your pathetic lives already

Fucking kill yourselves
>>
Better off just asking Reddit or searching on Google. Too many literal autists today, OP

/tv/ is having a little too much fun
>>
>>7466761
How can you call yourself a vegan when you gobble cocks all day?
>>
>>7467604
Just checked out their menu. Looks great. Thanks anon!
>>7467656
End your life and then try expanding your palette you autist.
>>
>>7467632
See this rage? You are experiencing hormone imbalance from too much soy. You should eat some meat and chill out, then kindly delete yourself from earth.
>>
>>7468269
That's a myth you dunce
>>
>>7466761
Try the heroin it's the best!
>>
File: dat's bait.gif (3 MB, 300x252) Image search: [Google]
dat's bait.gif
3 MB, 300x252
>>7466761
>good
>vegan friendly
>>
>>7468374

I don't think you understand what "vegan friendly" means.
>>
Why are you meme masters so triggered by veganism? No one is asking you to change your lifestyle or eating habits. Does another anons diet really trigger you so much?
>>
>>7466761
Portobello if you want to go full vegan.
Listen Gorditos for cheap burritos. Most places can make a vegan burrito, but they have special things like soy chorizo if that's your thing. DC Vegetarian cart is good for seitan based vegie burgers. Bombay Chaat House is my favorite Indian cart, and caters to vegetarians and vegans. Kale Japanese Curry can be vegan I'm pretty sure. Most Middle Eastern Food places have at least a few vegan things. Homegrown Smoker for vegan BBQ. Sizzle Pie always has three vegan options. I could go on and on. Let me know if you want more specific sugestions.

You will be spoiled for vegan options most places compared to other cities. The exception being a good number of the restaurants you'd find on best of lists, though even they may have a vegan entre option.
>>
>>7468425
>>7468425
>implying 4chan cares about Veganism
They'd do this to any faggot who mentions anything about their diet. It's not like Keto, Paleo, or /fit/ crossposters get treated better.

Anyways, Portland is, no shit, a pretty hipster place. If you can't find a single bite of Vegan food in goddamn Portland of all places, I'd be surprised. Might as well ask for where to get Pastrami in NY.
>>
>>7468493

>It's not like Keto, Paleo, or /fit/ crossposters get treated better

They all get treated better than they deserve.

At least everyone knows veg posters are just trying to rile up a shitstorm (or are painfully new), and treat them appropriately.
>>
File: 1439931909012.jpg (35 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
1439931909012.jpg
35 KB, 480x720
>inb4 plaid pantry is best place for foodstuffs

http://thevictorybar.com/
>fucking amazing
>also decently cheap

Asian food is also pretty much amazing anywhere in the city.

I went to some other hipster places but fuck that. Stay away from trendy bullshit.
>fuck you if you get cute with the menus
>making your menu huge so people don't notice your shitty service doesn't work
>I want to eat not read a fucking book

>fuck you if you charge me $8 for 6 'asian' wings and even more for weak drinks

>get fucked niche coffee and pie places, you better make your pies in house

seriously die, you know who you are.
>>
>>7466761

Kill yourself faggot.
>>
>>7468493
>They'd do this to any faggot who mentions anything about their diet

That's mostly wrong, not to the same degree
>>
>>7468269
>kindly delete yourself from this earth

How about you not only get the courage for once in your pathetic fucking life and say "kill yourself"

Then get even more courage to do everyone a favor and proceed to fucking kill yourself
>>
>>7468578

>I went to some other hipster places but fuck that. Stay away from trendy bullshit.

Name and shame please.

What's your top place for Japanese food. I like Shigezo, but I don't eat out that much.
>>
File: 1457026294789.jpg (69 KB, 960x666) Image search: [Google]
1457026294789.jpg
69 KB, 960x666
>>7468607
nah, I only care about good places. Someone was tour-guiding me so I feel like I was seeing the best of the best anyway. Too much time and energy to lean which places are shit, I'm never going back anyway, SO i'd only ask about the good places.
>was there for a week
>literally only two places I liked
>one I had been to before
>isn't even that special,
>other was victory bar

Oh also:
>putting weird 80's and 90's (or any era) collector shit and shelves on your walls is gross and collects dust
>I just want to eat
>>
>>7466761
Do you still have time to change your flight? Portland, ME is superior in every way imaginable
>>
>>7467632
Kys
>>
>>7468388
Yeah vegans aren't friendly at all
>>
>>7469023

>portland, me is superior in every way imaginable

>people who have never been west of the mississippi actually believe this
>>
File: IMG_3031.jpg (326 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3031.jpg
326 KB, 1000x667
Food cart pods would probably be a good idea for mixed groups. They're closing/have closed? one of the biggest ones recently, but Cartlandia and Cartopia are both decent options.

Cartopia has Potato Champion, which is known for it's fry based dishes. They have some surprisingly nice peanut satay/raspberry habanero jelly fries (and vegan poutine too).

Otherwise, my brother likes Sizzlepie a lot and they seemed to have a few vegan pizza types.
>>
>>7466761
Fuck you, your reposts, and your fucking veganism.
>>
File: let_go.jpg (61 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
let_go.jpg
61 KB, 960x960
>>7468599
You have too much pent up anger

Just let go
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.