[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone have certain foods that gross them out if they think about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: egg.jpg (6 KB, 225x183) Image search: [Google]
egg.jpg
6 KB, 225x183
Anyone have certain foods that gross them out if they think about them too long? I love eggs but sometimes I realize it's reproductive ooze and I get weirded out
>>
same. can only eat eggs if they're mixed into something, like pancakes or cake batter.
>>
fuck off hitchcock
>>
Same thing with eggs except what grosses me out is they come from their butt.
>>
>>7465442
The cloaca is truly a disgusting orifice. Birds really need to evolve vaginas. How about it science?
>>
Eggs are 100% natural, delicious and they come with a built-in sauce packet. What's not to love about them?

The only foods I get weirded out are things like factory-made hot dogs or chicken nuggets not made from whole chunks of breast meat and such.

>>7465457
>The cloaca is truly a disgusting orifice.
It's actually pretty interesting. In order to protect the egg from being coated in animal waste on the way out, the cloaca will invert itself while laying an egg.
>>
I think it's kind of funny that people think shit's so disgusting when it's literally just post-process food.

Like you have no problem holding a stick in your hand but touching a tiny bit of ash is enough to make you gag.
>>
>>7465478
>What's not to love about them?

-Incredibly unhealthy
-Chickens and other egg-producing animals are HORRIBLY mistreated CONSISTENTLY to extract them
-They are fetuses
-Horrible for the environment

Anything else?????
>>
>>7465344
Meat is just reproductive ooze that has been left to set for a few years.
>>
>>7465530
It's time to retire m8. Just hang it up your body and mind can't take anymore. You'll kill yourself at this rate.
>>
>>7465510
t. coprophiliac
>>
>>7465530
Battery hen eggs are actually the most environmentally friendly source of animal protein.
>>
>>7465344
I feel the same about milk.
Eggs are great tho, don't care what it is
>>
>>7465554
If anything they'd be caring about the taboo aspect rather than trivializing it right? Otherwise they'd just be a food fetishist.
>captcha 5555
so close
>>
>>7465530
Except they aren't unhealthy and they're not fetuses. As for them being horrible for the environment, that depends on what you compare it to. Compared to raising cows or somesuch, they're a lot more environmentally friendly. Treatment also varies a lot from facility to facility. So I'll give you like 1 point out of 4, and that's being generous.
>>
>>7465530
If you still believe the "eating cholesterol affects your cholesterol levels" you should probably kill yourself.
I get my eggs from a nearby farm, I can go out there and look at how they treat their chickens (they wander around the farm and go back to the pen at night time, or roost up in the trees).
They're not fetuses, they're not even periods (because the blood is from shedding the uteral lining, which animals don't do), it's the food (egg white) and egg cell (yolk). In order to be a fetus you'd need to fertilize the egg.
You can have chickens in your back yard and feed them scratch and compost, they're incredibly easy to take care of and not really detrimental to the environment.
>>
>>7465634
Er, which BIRDS don't do, I mean.
>>
>>7465557
That's like saying this is form of animal murder the least killing form of murder!

>>7465595
>except they aren't unhealthy

Wrong

>they're not fetuses

Basically wrong

>that depends on what you compare it to

Objectivity
>>
>>7465636
>egg cell
>fetus
>saturated fat which increases size of LDL (decreasing risk of heart disease) and increases HDL (same)
>bad
>"objectivity"
>no citations whatsoever
>talking out of your ass
Good job, kill yourself
>>
>>7465636
>That's like saying this is form of animal murder the least killing form of murder!
It's nothing like that. Don't make analogies if you're no good at them.
>>
>>7465646
>>7465648
Is this turning into a lowkey vegan thread?

Do you think owning pets is animal slavery?

Obviously it is but do you think it's wrong?
>>
>>7465646
Saturated fats and cholesterol are not healthy

Yes objectivity, no comparisons needed, objectivity, it is not good for the environment, plain and simple

>no citations whatsoever

Tell me about all those citations that prove how relatively good for the environment it is, how healthy it is, how morally good it is to eat them

I'd tell you to kill yourself but you're doing just a fine job shoveling down those fetuses

Life begins at conception
>>
>>7465648
>it's nothing like that

Except it is!
>>
>>7465659
Check any research in the past 5 years and realize how retarded you are. The decade old studies showing dietary cholesterol and link between saturated fat and rise in LDL have been debunked again and again and again.

You were the first to claim this retarded shit, how about you show your sources? Don't want to link veganlife.com/articles/reallytruefacts?

Life begins at conception? Are you absolutely fucking retarded? Even if I did believe that, conception is fertilization of an egg cell. A yolk. A rooster has to come into contact with a hen, and have sex with it, in order to fertilize the egg.
The eggs people eat are not fertilized unless you're referring to balut or something.

You are baiting way too hard.
>>
>>7465659
>Life begins at conception
You realize eggs we eat aren't fertilized, right? There is no conception. Egg laying is basically chicken menstruation: the expulsion of unfertilized reproductive cells that are no longer viable.

As for objectivity, comparison *is* needed. Every living creature has an impact on the planet. If you want to have zero negative impact then you have to kill yourself and fertilize some soil with your corpse otherwise you're consuming something to stay alive.
>>
>>7465668
>check any research

Nice citations. Plenty of that decade old studies continue to hold up

>i made a claim after you so my retarded shit doesn't need to be backed up!!!
>>
>>7465677
>comparison *is* needed

That isn't the slightest bit true. Something either fits the objective standard or it doesn't. Comparison is unnecessary and pure semantics.
>>
>>7465684
I see you don't know the meaning of the words "objective" or "standard". I'll leave you to look those up and acquaint yourself with them first.
>>
>>7465699
So what you're saying is that you're wrong. Thanks.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.