[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is that shit about your body going into "starvation mode"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: AB.png (793 KB, 666x666) Image search: [Google]
AB.png
793 KB, 666x666
Is that shit about your body going into "starvation mode" and holding onto fat when you stop eating real or just a Fat Lives Matter meme to keep people eating? I know it's not a good idea to not eat, but you will lose weight if you do, right?
>>
>>7463744
haven't eaten since yesterday, and didn't even eat a meal yesterday either, literallly starvation mode
>>
Honestly I've heard the opposite.

I have a friend who does a fasting diet where he eats normally (around 2500 calories) for 5 days a week and then only 400 calories for two days a week. It's working well for him.
>>
you will lose weight if you abstain from fat and avoid sugar.
>>
There's a fragment of truth to it but to use it as a justification of weight-loss being impossible is a lie.
>>
Put the myfitness pal app on your phone and buy a scale then log all your food.

If you stick to your calorie intake goal you will loose weight.
>>
>>7463767
don't have a smartphone
>>
It's true to an extent. If you're on a large caloric deficit for a prolonged period of time, your body responds by trying to cut down on energy expenditure and by diverting some of the energy from less important areas (like muscle growth) into vital areas (like basic organ function). You'll still lose weight since you're on a deficit, but you might also feel tired and get sick easier.

This is something that your body adjusts to over the course of weeks, so skipping a meal (or even a day of meals) will not induce starvation mode.
>>
>>7463765
you will lose weight if you consume less calories than you expend
>>
>>7463772
their website does the same thing just less convenient
>>
The best way to lose fat is to skip breakfast and lift weights while for at least 30 minutes, then eat no more than 1500 calories during the rest of the day. Exercise forces the body to use energy which in a fasted state on a calorie deficit will be pulled from fat reserves. This is why people who only stop eating but don't exercise always have terrible results.
>>
>it's a "/ck/ talks nutrition" thread
>>
>>7463767
>>7463772
No need to meticulously catalog every single solitary calorie you eat. I usually just eyeball it. A package of this is X grams, and has Y calories, and I ate maybe half of it or whatever, which is about Z calories. Be generous in your calculations and stop eating when you've hit 1800 or less.

I say this because if you have to be super strict it might be too much and you'll lose momentum. Weight loss is fucking all about momentum - not wanting to spoil that momentum by pigging out tomorrow.
>>
>>7463744
>Is that shit about your body going into "starvation mode" and holding onto fat when you stop eating real
No. Its total bullshit and you're a dumb fuck for even thinking it could be true

You're metabolism does change as you lose weight
You're metabolism does reduce a bit more if you aggressively reduce your calorie intake.

But you will NEVER get to the point where if you reduce your calories further you don't lose weight.

>Pic related
Staved Jews in auschwitz, not that many tubby motherfuckers are there?
>>
>>7463765
That's because calories in < calories out, and fat has a lot more calories than protein and carbs, and sugar isn't filling. Although what you say still isn't strictly true, just likely.
>>
>>7464404
Don't skip breakfast that shits important just dont have shit for it
>>
File: 1457346137471.jpg (49 KB, 540x527) Image search: [Google]
1457346137471.jpg
49 KB, 540x527
>>7464429
>you're
>>
>>7464429
But I am not metabolism...
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.