[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happens if you leave it in the microwave too long? Does
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (30 KB, 446x330) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
30 KB, 446x330
What happens if you leave it in the microwave too long?

Does the bag explode?
>>
why would you even care, most likely lots of smoke
>>
>>7463390
It makes mustard gas. Even worse, your popcorn burns.
>>
If you've ever had a single piece of burnt popcorn, congratulations: you know what happens when you leave it in the microwave too long.
And on a semi-related note: when popping popcorn the old fashioned old fashioned way (yes, I meant to say it twice) with a pop and a lid, why don't I ever have a single burnt kernel? And why do I never have more than three unpopped ones? With the nukebox popcorn, there's always at least a dozen unpopped ones as well as a dozen burnt ones. Always.
I fucking hate microwave popcorn.
>>
>>7463408
so much autism concentrated into a single post, good job anon
>>
>>7463390
>What happens if you leave it in the microwave too long?
The whole office will hate you.
>>
>>7463409
Ain't nothin' autistic about preferring patrician popcorn over plebeian popcorn, you low-born scumbucket.
>>
>>7463437
>And on a semi-related note: when popping popcorn the old fashioned old fashioned way (yes, I meant to say it twice)
Anon, that sentence alone is enough to send you to retard-county, there's plenty of autism here
>>
>>7463408
>why don't I ever have a single burnt kernel? And why do I never have more than three unpopped ones?
I know right. My roommate and his gf looked at me like I was completely insane when I made popcorn on the stove. Breaks my heart.
>>
>>7463457
Reading into things too deeply to look for patterns so that they fit into your tiny understanding of how the world works is a sign of autism, spergmeister.
>>
Done it, the popcorn burns, eventually shrinks into a carbon block. And lots of smoke.
>>
>>7463408
>With the nukebox popcorn, there's always at least a dozen unpopped ones as well as a dozen burnt ones.
Your microwave is shit and has uneven heating. Most microwaves are. And there's no way to know if a specific model is good or bad besides testing it.
>>
>>7463704
Is a dozen unpopped kernels really that bad? It's gotta be like 2% of the bag in total, if that.
Hardly a price to pay for the convenience.
>>
>>7463730
I'm >>7463408
I wouldn't mind it as much if theren't any burnt ones.
Or if it tasted better, actually. Burnt popcorn is like that one gross pistachio that's in every bag of pistachios, ever. You eat it and it just ruins the rest of the bag for you until you get that taste out of your mouth.

>>7463409
Why ya gotta harsh on me for doing what I love? I don't go down to the rest stop and swat truckers' dicks out of your mouth or anything.
>>
>>7463824
Alright. My microwave is older than me (im 25) and it usually has a dozen unpopped ones but I don't recall getting a burnt one. I'd assume it'd be pretty noticeable though? Or is it sort of hard to spot like those rotten pistachios.
>>
>>7463861
It's noticeable if you're looking at every kernel individually, but if you eat popcorn like I do (and, I suspect, most other people, too), then you just take a handful and shove it in your maw without even a glance.

Every microwave I've ever had yields at least a few burnt pieces of popcorn.

As for old stuff being better than more recent things, that's nothing new. I've got a stove that's likely older than your parents. It dates from '43. And it's the best stove I've ever cooked on.
>>
>>7463883
>then you just take a handful and shove it in your maw without even a glance.

Only fat people do that, anon. Why the fuck wouldn't you look at what you're putting into your mouth?
>>
>>7463390

it burns and everyone in the office hates you
>>
>>7463414

fuck beat me too it
>>
>>7463920

Why would it burn? Wouldn't you shut off the microwave the moment you detected it burning? Or are you one of those brainless cockholsters who runs the microwave unattended?
>>
>>7463923

Nigga he literally asked what happens if you keep popcorn in the microwave too long

S'wrong wichu
>>
>>7463893
>living your childhood this far below the poverty line
Well Cletus, like most of us who didn't grow up so poor that going to the movies was a special once-in-a-blue-moon treat, cinema popcorn has conditioned my behaviour to not look at the popcorn while I eat it because it's both too dark in there to see anything and there's boomboomblowupstuff happening on the screen.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.