[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /ck/ I'm making homemade peanut butter cooking and the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: 1451353174641.jpg (433 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
1451353174641.jpg
433 KB, 900x1200
Hey /ck/ I'm making homemade peanut butter cooking and the package says to use vegetable oil but all I have is extra virgin olive oils. I'm not sure if this is okay to use, I don't want my peanut butter cookies to taste like extra virgin olive oils. This would be bad because people at work would think I'm not a good home baker and didn't use the right oils.
Help me /ck/ I don't want my coworkers to think I can't make good homemade food. There is this qt girl I am trying to impress with my cooking skills and she won't be impressed if she tastes extra virgin olive oils.
picture not related it is just some cool tomatoes
>>
do you know what a grocery store is? They have oil there.
>>
>>7461808
I work in one but I don't want to ride my bike 40 minutes there and then 40 minutes back just for vegetable oils. That's why I'm asking if I can sub these oils. If I can't then I'll pick some up after work tonight but not going to ride my bike there for this and then have to ride it back to work in a few hours when I work.
>>
You don't need any oils to make peanut butter, anon! There's plenty of peanut oil within peanuts. Just put a good amount of roasted peanuts and a little salt into a food processor and blend it heavily until you get the desired consistency, scraping the insides down in between pulses to get everything uniform. Good luck <(^o^)>
>>
>>7461818
oh my, no anon you have misunderstood my question.
I am not making peanut butter, there is already peanut butter in the mix. It comes with it. I need to know if I can use extra virgin olive oils instead of the vegetable oils.
>>
>>7461816
If you use extra virgin olive oil, it'll definitely add olive oil flavor to your cookies and they'll probably taste like shit.

Either get off your lazy ass and go get some neutral oil or don't make cookies.
>>
>>7461806
>I'm not sure if this is okay to use
Yes you are, refer to the next handful of words you typed
>I don't want my peanut butter cookies to taste like extra virgin olive oils
>This would be bad
>>
>>7461806
Use bacon grease
>>
>>7461837
But everyone at work is counting on these cookies. I told them I would make delicious homemade cookies for them today for after lunch.
There is this one guy who says he is a very good cook and baker and I want to show the qt girl I am better than him, he makes her food all the time but there is no doubt I can make food better than him.
This is terrible. I can't have my cookies tasting like the extra virgin olive oils and I only have baby oils but I learned long ago you can't cook ANYTHING with that. It's not even a real cooking oil it's made from rocks or something so not good for cooking.
Oh I know! Could I use butter? The package doesn't say I have to but doesn't say I can't like when it says don't eat the raw dough, means I can't do it but nothing about using butter, this should be fine to use right? I mean they are peanut BUTTER cookies afterall.
>>
>>7461851
This.
>>
>>7461846
I'm not sure if it would taste that way! Maybe not! Using vegetable oil doiesn't make them taste like vegetable oil cookies, but extra virgin olive oils is stronger smelling and tasting.
>>7461851
ugh peanut butter bacon cookies? no this is sounding gross already
>>
>>7461855
Too much troll for me.
>>
>>7461865
Its not a peanut butter bacon cookie. Its a peanut butter cookie. Bacon grease makes it taste real good
>>
>>7461888
hmmm, well I will mix up a batch like a quarter of it and see what it tastes like since I do have some bacn grease in the fridge, I use it for frying eggs and potatoes and onions up in, good stuff.
two anons telling me to do it, you all are the experts so I know you wouldn't let me down
>>
You can use butter.
>>
>>7461919
I think I'm going to have to. This bacon grease idea is fucked. This smells like shit and it doesn't feel or look like good tasting cookies. It's just sort of melting all gloopy like in the oven, maybe when they cool down they'll be alright but I don't think so.
I think you all have trolled me
>>
You bacon grease people lied to me. These are absolutely terrible. They're nothing but mush! only good thing is my house smells like bacon.
I tried mixing some up with butter so I will try that.
I thought you /ck/ were supposed to be good cooks, you came highly reccomended !!
>>
>>7461964
Lemme see a pic of that. Bacon grease makes a good peanut butter cookie
>>
>>7461968
I don't have a way to take a picture, since phones will let you be tracked. go to /x/ and you can learn all about these things, they told me to go to you for cooking help.
I think you must not have ever tried making it with bacon grease since this is not a cookie, I had to throw them outside since they just smell like bacon so badly
>>
>>7461991
We've already tracked you, faggot.

It's too late.
>>
>>7461991
Did you really make them? Bacon grease seemed like a good idea for a peanut butter cookie but you are right i never made them.
>>
>>7461816
Fuck man gas stations have vegetable oil
>>
>>7462000
Nah I been trolling this whole time, sorry for killing a thread for it but I'm really bored. I did make peanut butter cookies with evoo, they turned out just fine. Someday I will make them with bacon grease just to see what it's like. Originally was hoping to start a debate on "homemade from a package" my ex was convinced that if you cooked it at home then it was homemade and from scratch. Going so far as to say boiling noodles and adding pasta sauce from a jar was homemade from scratch cooking, never understood her login in that. Thought it would be a good troll but nobody took that bait.
>>
>>7462011
I still think bacon grease would make a better peanus butter cookie than evoo
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.