[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Glass top stoves are shit >drop something on it, it breaks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
Glass top stoves are shit

>drop something on it, it breaks
>unevenly heated pan breaks it
>can't see the boundary of the heating circle due to shitty aesthetics
>have to use a heat diffuser to use cast iron on it
>>
Not to mention they are a bitch to keep clean. If something gets burnt on, forget about it.
>>
>>7461339
I agree that they suck compared to gas, but the problems you list seem to barely exist at all.

>>Drop something on it
Why would you ever do that? Are you naturally clumsy or something?

>>Unevenly heated pan breaks it
I've cooked with plenty of shit pans on a glass top and it's never broken

>>can't see
Pick up the pan and look you moron

>>diffuser for cast iron
I've never had that problem. I've been using my cast iron pans on a glass top stove for nearly a decade with no problems

>>7461395
>>gets burnt on
Just scrape it off with a razor blade like it says in the instruction manual. Takes only seconds.
>>
>>7461339
>>have to use a heat diffuser to use cast iron on it
que?
>>
B-but muh modern minimalist design. How can you justify the look of a gas burner in a home kitchen in 2016?
>>
>>7461441
Who gives a fuck about appearance when gas works so much better than electric?

And even if you do care about aesthetics there are plenty of designer gas ranges out there.
>>
>>7461441
What kind of moron even cares about the aesthetics of their fucking stove?

It's meant to be a utilitarian device that you cook on, not some god damn artsy fartsy centerpiece that you and your faggot friends fawn over while you sip appletinis and suck each other off.
>>
>>7461454

Sadly, for a lot of people it is the latter. They buy a fancy house/apartment and care about how it looks but they never fucking use it (or only use it for really simple crap)
>>
>>7461458

Yea if you are a cook you have to have a gas range. I wont move into any place without one.
>>
>fancy glass cooktop
>can't even use a wok
>>
>>7461462

Hey dude what is that? Does it work?

I have the fire ring thingy with my carbon steel pan but my gas range is too weak.

Does that thing make my range better for wok?
>>
>>7461467

It's just a metal ring that you can set the wok into. It doesn't do anything other than create a round "hole" that the wok sits on.

>>I have the fire ring thingy with my carbon steel pan
Why would you need a ring for a flat pan?
>>
>>7461477

No the metal ring that the wok sets into comes with the wok. I am not talking about that.

I am talking about the thing underneath.

I just searched on youtube and found this for Wok Mon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQcwhvFbqCI

If this thing works I want one.
>>
>>7461488

Ah, OK. All that does is focus the normally wide gas flame into a narrower flame which more closely mimics the heat distribution of a traditional wok range. I've used 'em but I didn't think much of them. It wasn't really "better", just "different".
>>
>>7461477

I have a hand hammered carbon steel wok and I loosely refer to it as a pan.

But I dont have a good flame source to use the wok effectively.

So it sits on a shelf and collects dust.
>>
>>7461460
Kek, in some countries in Europe you will find gas in maybe 1 in 500 apartments. So some enthusiasts/cooks actually use propane tanks for their burners.
>>
They only have two settings

Burn everything you attempt to cook and off
>>
File: 78493051_XS[1].jpg (28 KB, 442x442) Image search: [Google]
78493051_XS[1].jpg
28 KB, 442x442
Anything other than gas is absolutely fucking awful.

/thread
>>
>>7461339
>have to use a heat diffuser to use cast iron on it
>cast iron
>most ferrous metal known the man
>doesn't work with induction coils
Wat?
>>
>Replace shitty hob with induction hob
>looks the same
>has 95% the functionality of gas
>so easy to clean holy fucking shit
>>
>>7461339
I've had one for over a decade with no problems. mild wear on the surface of the most used burner but nothing grisly. personally I find them easier to master than gas. sure after a decade of course I'd be good at which level is best for what I'm doing but each burner is the same. I find that gas burners on the same stove top cook differently at the same settings. either way I've used them both and don't actually have a preference at this point. I would use either in my home. just decided to give electric a chance and it's quite nice.
>>
>>7461430
>>7463163
>bragging about being a pleb for a decade
>>
>>7463170
pretty sure you don't know what bragging is...
>>
>>7463170
What's it like to have the reading comprehension of a 3rd grader still, anon?
>>
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 599x598) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 599x598
>>7461339
Are you autistic? Is this really a problem for /ck/? Just use the stove like a normal fucking person.

Only /ck/ manages to make using a dam stove equivalent to rocket science.
>>
I went from gas to glass flex induction.

Can't say it's much worse.
>Quick as fuck
>Can put things wherever I want
>Doesn't burn in as the stove never gets hot, just the pan.
>Literally halfed my energy costs

The only thing I missed was using a wok so I bought a propane gas grill with a gas cooker.
>>
>>7463488
Yeah, holy shit these fuckers get so autistic. Just use what you fucking have. Same thing with knives. I've been using a hatchet, a boxcutter and a hobby knife for years, plus I can use them for other things too. I never saw any need to help make some fat, filthy jew rich by buying special branded "kitchen" knives
>>
File: ha320[1].jpg (12 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
ha320[1].jpg
12 KB, 300x300
The place I moved into only had induction, so I couldn't use any of my copper cookware.

I bought a freestanding double gas burner after three days.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.