[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to cook Bacon perfectly?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160311_182652.jpg (2 MB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160311_182652.jpg
2 MB, 1536x2048
How to cook Bacon perfectly?
>>
>>7461172
In the oven
>>
>>7461173
From a cold start
>>
>>7461172
Warm it up until it's done the way you like it
>>
>>7461172

don't do what they did in your pic
>>
Save some Bacon fat from a previous cook.

Put that in a pan and warm it up a bit and turn your oven on.

Then place in your bacon slices one after another. Put the pan in the oven and let it come up to about 350-375.

Keep and eye on it and I always flip them once or twice.

The extra rendered fat is a cheat to help them sort of fry in their own fat.
>>
>>7461190
The extra fat idea bears merit. I've noticed that when I'm dealing with thinly sliced bacon and cooking it in a pan, the first batch doesn't brown as evenly as later batches that are cooking in the previous batch's fat.
>>
>>7461172
put bacon on jelly roll pan
pan in cold oven
oven to 400F
timer for 20 minutes
take bacon out of oven when timer goes off.
>>
>>7461211

I just pour the bacon fat into a cup and save it in the kitchen.

Its also great for making hash browns because it gives them a great flavor as opposed to using just oil.

I will also use it in place of oil for things like pancakes. Which I always serve with butter but I dont like to cook them in the pan with butter. Again the bacon fat gives a nice flavor to the pancake with the butter.
>>
>>7461172
just blast it on very high heat in a frying pan with a little olive oil to help it along before the bacon's own fat starts to drip out

fry for a couple minutes on each side till both are crispy and brown
>>
>>7461219
>20 minutes
nah m8 more like 16 for crunchy 17 for burned as fuck
>>
>>7461238

I dont like to do it in a pan on the stove top because you dont get any heat from above and the bacon crinkles up and that is how you get unevenly cooked bacon. Parts are cooked and other pars are raw and stringy.

Adding extra oil works to help the bacon along and it mixes with the rendered fat from the bacon. But its best to just use bacon fat from a previous cook.
>>
>>7461245
you can just use the slotted turner to push it back down with it crinkles up
>>
>>7461241

depends entirely on how quickly your oven heats up if you're starting from cold.
>>
>>7461245
>bacon crinkles up

You can also avoid that problem by buying properly cured bacon instead of the supermarket crap that's injected with flavored water instead. The old-fashioned salt-cured and smoked bacon doesn't curl or wrinkle in the pan.
>>
>>7461172
Try heat
>>
Start with a cold pan, put bacon in pan, and turn the heat to ~mid/mid high. once it starts to brown turn the slices every once in a while until optimal crispyness is achieved. You now have delicious bacon and a pan filled with rendered bacon fat.
>>
File: 1402151362522.gif (433 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1402151362522.gif
433 KB, 300x225
What's the best thing to eat with bacon aside from scrambled eggs?
>>
>>7461582
tomato
>>
>>7461582
Sriracha and nutella.
>>
>>7461582
I like it with pancakes and maple syrup
>>
>>7461582
Semen and mango
>>
>>7461582
lettuce, tomato, bread, mayo
>>
>>7461711
BLTs are ass and so are you, tripfag.

The sandwich doesn't have any meat to it. A chicken or steak version is a thousand times better.
>>
>>7461740
>bacon
>not meat
>>
>>7461743
>bacon
>an acceptable substitute for meat in a sandwich
no you stupid nigger. It's an addition at best, and should never be the main attraction.
>>
>>7461740

BLT's can be overly dry especially if you make them with toast.

They need lots of mayo and tomato, which is why I dont eat them more often.
>>
>>7461740
>dumbfuck detected

You need lots of peppered bacon to make a decent BLT. However I do think they are a club sandy without another meat. Strange but whatevs. Also never toast, something with a crusty outside and fluffy interior. Pretzel rolls work well.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.