[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So my local grocery store had chicken breast chunks on sale for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: supertrim.jpg (6 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
supertrim.jpg
6 KB, 350x350
So my local grocery store had chicken breast chunks on sale for $1.15/lb the other day...being the poorfag I am, I scooped up a 5 lb. package.

As far as I can tell, it's simply the leftover scraps from when they were sectioning up the breasts at the butcher. Nothing wrong with the meat, just all sorts of fucked up shapes and sizes.

That being said, since its now all in my freezer, any recommendations for cooking 5 pounds of these freakshow breast chunks? I'm leaning toward some kind of stew right now...
>>
>>7460534

A stew would work, sure. You could also use them for stir-fry, or stick them on skewers and do it Kebab-style (for large chunks) or Yakitori if the pieces are small.
>>
Stir fry. You can use them for stews, but since they're low fat, low connective tissue they're not the best choice. If you were to go down to that route, I'd advise adding them towards the end.
>>
>>7460534
stiry fry or fried rice seems logical
>>
cut into strips and beer batter fry them
>>
>>7460534
Sweet and sour chicken
Chicken satays with peanut sauce
Balsamic chicken skewers
Honey soy sauce chicken skewers
(Insert Geographical Region)-Fried rice
Chowmein/Singapore noodles
Curry
Make sandwich filler with them, Tikka, chicken and stuffing, coronation chicken.
>>
You have 2.2kg of chicken breasts. That is 3-5 meals depending on your appetite. Just grill them for each meal and be done with it.
>>
File: chicken-souvlaki-rs-1107169-x.jpg (39 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
chicken-souvlaki-rs-1107169-x.jpg
39 KB, 300x300
Adding chicken souvlaki to what the other anons suggested. put that shit in a hot homemade pita with tzatziki and veg, delicious.
>>
TEN DEEZ
TEN DEEZ
TEN DEEZ
>>
That fucking picture

REEEEEEEEEE
>>
place 1-4 chicken breasts on a paper plate. Microwave on high until done in the center, sprinkle some salt and eat. Yum.
>>
nuggies

cut into chunks, egg, flour, salt, pepper, and fry.
>>
Burritos or fajitas. Chicken paprikash. If you're ultra-poor, a box of chicken rice-a-roni, some grated cheddar, and salsa, and serve it with some tortilla chips.
>>
>all these suggestions for stir fry

Every time I stir fry chicken breasts they end up mediocre at best and tough. Maybe im not cubing them small enough?
>>
>>7460534
Seams like they'd be conducive to soups. If you've got the energy you could also grind them and make chicken meatballs.
>>
>>7461198
>cube
Try slicing them instead, Look at the meat closely to see which direction the fibres are running and slice across them rather than along them. This will ensure it'll be tenderer. Thereafter, consider par-cooking, resting, and finishing. For a white stir-fry, such as chicken with zucchine, I blanch the chicken briefly to par-cook. For a brown stir-fry, such as chicken in black bean sauce, stir-fry the pieces until coloured, but not cooked through, then remove them. After either par-cooking method, let them rest a bit as you build the stir-fry as normal. Use the par-cooked meat in place of raw at whichever point your particular stir-fry calls for it to be added.
>>
>>7461227
breast meat doesn't work terribly well in long, slow cooked processes like soup - the texture is generally offputting.
>>
You can make Chicken Fajitas, or Quesadilla. You can spice it up with mexican spices and make chicken enchilada meat and make enchiladas.

You can also put that in a burrito.

Or you can do the stirfry but try Sweet and Sour chicken with lightly fried chicken bites. Or General Tso Chicken.

You can make a Chicken Curry, or chicken Paella with sausage or shrimp or whatever else you like.

I dont like to make breast into tender but you can. I like to use tenderloins instead.

You can Grill them and make awesome chicken sandwhiches or wraps.

But my favorite thing to do with a skinless breast is to grill it and then make a Chicken Wellington.

Its like a beef wellington but with a chicken breast, boursin cheese and puff pastry.

That one is a family favorite.
>>
>>7461261
I meant to add them in at the end, just long enough to cook through. Def don't cook these like you would thighs OP
>>
>>7461261

When I make soup I dont cook the meat in it for long time.

I will take hours and hours to make a real stock but I can have the soup done in less then an hour.

I make amazing soups. I once impressed a really asshole chef with my Minestrone.
>>
>>7461198
>and tough

You're overcooking it. Just don't cook it as long and it won't be tough at all.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.