[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what people think vegans eat VS what we really eat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 8
File: mc.jpg (66 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
mc.jpg
66 KB, 640x640
what people think vegans eat VS what we really eat
>>
>>7460260

>ice
>frozen vegetables

it's basically the same thing
>>
File: non-vegetarian-dilemna.jpg (63 KB, 503x644) Image search: [Google]
non-vegetarian-dilemna.jpg
63 KB, 503x644
so whats up barbarians?

How do you respond to this without looking like a hypocrite?

kill yourselves. oh wait you already are by eating your hormone injected and cancer inducing filth.
>>
>>7460275
i actually would eat dog if it were available
>>
>>7460280
Same. I've heard dog sucks, but I want to at least try it before writing it off.
>>
>>7460260
Yeah man, people really thinking all day long about what vegans eat.
>>
>>7460280
>>7460283
>meatfag barbarians are disgusting animals who resort to memes when they have no real response

kinda saw it coming of course but oh well lol
>>
>>7460260
For (most likely not) the last time, nobody fucking asked. Nobody thinks about what you eat. Informed people know what you eat. Uninformed people don't think or care about what you eat.

You're not special. You're just obnoxious and everybody who you think likes you for this can actually just barely stand you.
>>
>>7460291
struck a nerve did I? you'd probably be more at peace and zen if you cut out all that meat.
>>
>>7460289
>churchill
>vegeterian

KEK
>>
>>7460293
You're no better than crossfitters or JWs.

Did you see anybody in this board go "hmm I wonder what vegans eat"-

No, you didn't, because people like you make sure to tell everyone around them.
>>
>>7460260
no one thinks that & you're not special and no one thinks about you or cares what you eat

now fuck off
>>
god carnivores are obnoxious
>>
vegan food is nice, ppl post recipes instead of talking crap about how eating cows gives you cancer
>>
Had a friend like this in uni. Know what happened to her?

Yeah, nobody does because we all cut her off. She kept nagging us to watch these biased shock documentaries and sending us non-reviewed articles from pseudo-science sites and magazines.

I've been an agricultural engineer for the past 6 years, I've worked closely with both farmers and processing factories and you know how many cases of animal mistreating I've seen so far? None. Absolutely none.
>>
>>7460314
>the act of industrialized slaughter of innocent animals for human consumption isn't mistreatment in itself.
>>
>>7460321
>innocent animals
Romanticizing and personificating animals.

>industrialized slaughter is mistreatment
Misinformation.
>>
>>7460321
It's not. It's just an exploitation, a very logical one.
>>
File: a (74).jpg (67 KB, 391x390) Image search: [Google]
a (74).jpg
67 KB, 391x390
>>7460321
Nothing is really vegan, humans are exploited in growing foods, field farming kills gophers, ground squirrels, bees. Your computer and iphone sure arent vegan.
>>
>>7460337
Still doesn't mean those animals did anything wrong
>>
>>7460357
You're missing the point. Animals aren't human. The ones that come the closest are dolphins and apes and, as a species, we mostly don't eat those. Even if we did.

What I'm saying is your concept of "doing wrong" doesn't apply to animals because it doesn't mean anything to them. You probably just think they're cute and don't want them to die, but that's something different.
>>
>>7460366
He don't even think animals are cute - he just obsessed with blaming other people for 'bad deeds'.
>>
>>7460366
pretty much this

We give life through breeding and we take away life to get meat. If we don't create them in the first place what has changed?
>>
>>7460275
dogs eat other animals too so they have no right to complain when they get eaten
>>
>>7460260

So people think you eat crap but you actually eat crap?
>>
>>7460393
>ice
>crap

gonna kill you nigguh
>>
>>7460314
>>7460337
What constitutes mistreatment to you? Kicking the shit out of them for fun?

I am neither vegan nor vegetarian, but I avoid factory farming if I can.
Keeping animals in tiny enclosed spaces for their entire lives, cutting the tails off pigs and the tip of the beak off chickens because the cramped conditions make them bite and peck each other out of frustration... those are cruel things to do.
>>
ITT retards argue with other retards

Seriously, half these fucking posts could be on facebook. You should all be ashamed of the lack of quality you bring here. It's turning into /tv/ for food.
>>
>>7460275
that dog is too skinny, no marbling
>>
>>7460405
I think it's cute how they de-beak chickens, they're all just nice and cosy in their little cages gently nubbing each other with their blunt beaks.
>>
>>7460275
>equating dogs to livestock
Call me when there are police cattle, bomb sniffing chicken, and service pigs.
>>
>>7460428
most dogs can't do any of that

also
>what are truffle pigs
>>
>>7460428
>service pigs
its called nypd
>>
>>7460275
>thread about showing people that vegans actually have an appealing and diverse set of food options
>generalize negatively about non-vegans
Isn't it time for school yet?
>>
>>7460432
By can't, you must mean can because almost any dog breed is capable of that, given proper training.
What's it like to be so ignorant? Is it as blissful as it seems?
>>
>>7460275
Dogs were bred to be companions, guards, and service dogs (police, hospitals, search and rescue, blind/disabled, prisons). Cats were also bred to be companions.

Granted there are some breeds of pig also bred to be companions and service animals, as well as ponies. But I don't eat those. I don't really like pork in general anyway.

Meanwhile, cattle, sheep, larger breeds of pig, chickens, turkeys, etc are all bred for the purpose of food (or wool). Not to be raised close to people beyond being easier to slaughter.

If you can't separate something for companionship and something meant for food, you may have issues.
>>
>>7460515
Not to mention that there are plenty of predator animals in the wild who go out of their way not to kill animals that help them (sharks/mantas and cleaner fish, crocodiles and cleaning birds, etc).
This isn't really an unusual thing, we've just discovered how to go out of our way to breed animals that will help us.
Eating meat is perfectly natural, we're just good at it. Try telling a crocodile, or a chimp not to eat meat (chimps eat some meat, but not a lot). And before the vegans go "abluh are you saying we're not any better than chimps", why would you stop eating meat because it's "wrong" when it's what our body is made for? When you need to go out of your way to supplement your diet with a shit ton of stuff you can't get other ways than meat/eggs/etc that might be a pretty good indicator that your body is not made to do that.

I have no issues with people not eating meat because they're not comfortable with it, but vegans/vegetarians who try to convince other people to do the same because it's "evil" are fucking retards and should kill themselves.
Eating meat is not evil. Go live in the woods without supplies for a couple months, see how long it takes you to break down and kill a rabbit and eat it.
The least human thing there is is to be unable to understand the value of certain resources. You don't kill and eat your horse when you've got it for entertainment, or travel. You don't kill and eat your dog when you've got it for companionship or service work, and if I owned a chicken as a pet I wouldn't kill and eat it.
But I certainly would go out and shoot a rabbit or a deer or slaughter a sheep or a turkey for some food.
Because I know which animals are better suited for different things, whether that be species, breed, or individual animals.
>>
>>7460275
>implying I wouldn't
>>
>>7460503
They don't eat the legs?
>>
vegan is soo out of touch. fruitarian is the new way.
>>
>>7460528
>supplementing a shit ton of stuff

I'm not vegan, but you only need to supplement B12 as vegan, and its vitally important to do so.

And some cultures evolved with eating very little meat, B12 is just a bacteria, it can be found in mountain streams and on non-clean wild fruit. Our water and soil are so clean and treated these days, the only way we can get b12 is through animal products (which are fortified through b12 injections into the animal).
>>
>>7460528
And you say our body is made for eating meat, then why do we get heart disease? Even frozen Eskimo bodies were found with clogged arteries. I mean, I eat meat, but I think a whole-food plant based diet can be superior for health in the long run, when supplementing B12. But eating tons of processed soy products and vegan junk food (oreo's, lay's chips etc.) is definitely not healthier than eating meat.
>>
>>7460627
>google it
>it's actually a thing

welp, should be prepared after raw foodism
>>
>>7460627
>>7460664
Steve Jobs was a fruitarian. Apparently it can mess with your pancreas (Steve Jobs died of Pancreatic cancer)
>>
>>7460671

You got it backwards. He got cancer first, then he tried to fix it with a silly diet. It didn't work.
>>
>>7460676
Nope, not true. He was always going off and on a fruitarian diet throughout his life.
>>
>>7460655
We're omnivores mate
>>
>>7460260
Faggot vegan kill yourself
>>
>>7460684
Although I shouldn't really say off and on, he was on a vegan diet most of his life. Some say the fruit diet he was on delayed his pancreatic cancer for decades.
>>
>>7460676
wrong. he started being a hippie in his one semester at hippie college
>>
>>7460671
It might have just been karma for making a brand of computers a "lifestyle choice"
>>
>>7460275

>How do you respond to this without looking like a hypocrite?

By pointing out you're using a strawman argument, and an appeal to emotion, two of the most common logical fallacies.
>>
>believing vegans are even thought of

How full of yourself.
>>
>>7460275
I ate dogs once.
It's tough and stringy, I prefer game animals.
>>
>>7460275
are you legitimely retarted?
>>
>>7460260
I don't wonder about what vegans eat
They just don't eat/use animal products
That's all, you are not special snowflake and no one thinks about your diet but your mom
>>
>try to make thread about creative vegan recipes
>instantly swarmed by obnoxious carnivores

way to kill what could've been a good thread assholes. Don't like vegan lifestyle? Don't come into the thread faggots. Its that easy.
>>
We should only eat animals that would eat us, given the chance.
>>
>>7461020
Why? No other animal does that
>>
>>7460952

>lol carnivores think we eat ice!
>silly carnivores you wouldn't eat a cute puppy wouldn't you?

Nice "creative vegan recipes" thread you got there
>>
>>7460952
Meanwhile in another thread...

>Try to talk about cheese
>Instantly swarmed by obnoxious vegans

Way to kill what could've been a good thread assholes. Don't like eating dairy? Don't come into the thread faggots. Its that easy.
>>
>>7460275

to be honest, it would probably taste bad, but I guess it'd be good as a cheaper substitute for some burgers or something.

>tfw when your dumb emotional strawman argument fell apart on itself.
>>
>>7461072
Don't forget the threads about meat that get swarmed by vegans accusing everyone of being a carnist and killing all the poor, sweet, innocent animals. It always derails the entire thread and turns it into a stinking sewer of shitposting.
>>
>>7460275
I know b8 but animals that are domesticated for food typically are bred to have very little hair and a lot of meat to make their kill worthwhile. If I were starving would I eat that mutt on the plate? Yeah, but I'd prefer to catch a dog with as little hair as possible (easy cleaning and more sanitary) with as much meat on it for my effort. That scrawny thing is clearly bred to be someone's pet, not my meal.
>>
File: vegan babby.png (168 KB, 738x609) Image search: [Google]
vegan babby.png
168 KB, 738x609
The only redeeming quality vegans have is that they don't breed.
>>
Someone post that Vegan "fitness" girl with the really red face and toothpick arms
>>
>>7461508
>>
>>7461554
It's like freelee had a malnourished child and left it on a church doorstep
>>
>>7461554
thank mr skeltal
>>
File: chrysostom_quote.jpg (121 KB, 960x869) Image search: [Google]
chrysostom_quote.jpg
121 KB, 960x869
>>7461554
>Celebrating Jesus' life
fucking Protestants
>>
File: 1453941952579.png (174 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1453941952579.png
174 KB, 499x499
>>7462661
>>
>>7460260
>peas
>rice
>carrots
>some sort of dough wrapped thing
If you're that carb hungry why not just eat a bowl of sugar?
>>
which is which?
>>
What's the difference between people who don't eat animals or animal products and vegans?

The latter won't fucking shut up about it!!!
>>
>>7460503
Sleep tight, pupper.
>>
>>7460289
>memes

I don't expect an answer, but I'll ask anyway: how is correcting a vegan who's made an incorrect assumption about what someone will or will not eat a 'meme'?
>>
Vegans are just brain-damaged vegetarians. Nobody cares what they eat. People only like to point and laugh when vegans kill babies and animals by trying to force them to live on a vegan diet.
>>
>"I went Vegan and lost all this weight!"
>I eat nutrient-poor, calorie light meals and can't believe I'm skinny!
>>
>>7462882
>Nobody cares what they eat
You do know that most or possibly all of the vegan threads are started by non-vegans who want to talk about it, right?
>>
>>7462896
Even the recipe threads?
>>
>>7462935
Really? Does that make sense to you? Does that seem like a reasonably question to ask? "Do the non-vegans start vegan recipe threads?"
>>
>>7460304
I know right? I was talking to a carnivore the other day and he was just like BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK. Get a dictionary, Rover.
>>
>>7460692
Pancreatic cancer is just one of those things that fuck you up. It just happens and diet probably doesn't do anything to stop it.
>>
I briefly had a vegan gf and it drove me mad. I live in japan so pretty much every restaurant uses fish or meat-based stock in everything so we were reduced to two 'decent' places. whatever the fuck was in their substitute meat gave me horrible gas. she didn't even like curry so all vegan friendly curry places were out of the question.

needless to say it didn't last.
>>
>>7460275
>2016
>not eating dog
Racist motherfucker, check your privilege
>>
>>7460528
chimps are /fit/ as fuark
>>
>>7464092
>can't eat fish or meat stock
>in japan
Fucking vegans reeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>7460275
I'd try dog if it were bred for food. That little pupper would likely be too tough and stringy though.
>>
>>7460275
>barbarians
Ha! You have no idea what that word means.
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.