[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this man is literally the reason i cook https://www.youtube
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 6
File: starter3.jpg (30 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
starter3.jpg
30 KB, 500x364
this man is literally the reason i cook

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idGvS0pKiC4
>>
>>7459659
>vitamin c
>broccoli
wat, holy shit I didn't kno that broco had vitamin C in it until now.
I usually associate green vag's w/ B vitamins
>>
>>7459659
1/4 teaspoon of salt
sorry that was a full fucking jar of it.
>>
>>7459659
2 tbl sppons oil

the eyeballing is wayy off on this guy haha

that's like half a bottle of oil

he's funny though.
>>
>>7459659
It's weird how there's two Yans who can cook.
>>
>>7459683
SO CAN YOU!
>>
How has no tumblr fag gotten triggered by this guy yet? He throws in a shit load of racist jokes against white people haha.
>>
>>7459696
This one in particular hahahaha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu93kQpvtGU
>>
Yan was a guest on Emeril Live and absolutely schooled Emeril.
>>
ROFL
>walkie talkie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9-vxC0YqFg

he even rips on white folks right in front of them hahahaha what a beast.
>>
awesome
>>
File: mao.jpg (129 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
mao.jpg
129 KB, 1200x1200
>>7459720
Letterman asking him about Chinese history...

lol!
>>
>>7459665
You shouldn't eat Green Vag, man...
>>
I love puns, and this crazy fucking gook can crank 'em out like a artisan
>>
how have I not seen this good job OP watch a few of these does he only cook shit from the takeout menu?
>>
>>7459776
In Asia, word play is a high art.
>>
>>7459775
https://www.quora.com/Is-drinking-my-girlfriends-vaginal-juices-during-oral-sex-healthy-Does-it-have-any-nutritional-value
>>
>>7459788

Didn't China try to ban puns?
>>
>>7459703
>if you have more people coming for dinner
>just slice them into smaller peices
kekken
tekken
and
rekken
>>
>laugh track
BAZINGA
>>
>>7459703
Only thing I don't like about this video is that he is contaminating his entire kitchen w/ raw chicken. Unless it's the chicken they use to serve raw then that aint ok
>>
>>7459819
Some how it works.
>>
>>7459659
Thank you for this. Too bad we can't have informative cooking shows anymore.

Also it's neat that it was filmed in Vancouver.
>>
>>7459819
Check out the Wiki, there was actually a studio audience and a member of it got to eat with him during every show.
>>
>>7459793
>China
>Asian
They stopped being Asian when they went red.
>>
>>7459899
A lot of TV chefs used to do this. Food TV is a dead art nowadays.
>>
just by adding corn starch your food will look shiny and nice
>>
Anybody have a link to download his show?
>>
>>7459675
>he doesn't know about jamie oliveoil
>a touch of olive oil
>pours in 2 cups worth
>>
>>7459659
Wait, you can pour oil directly into boiling water?
>>
>>7459971
Youre an idiot aren't you.
>>
In 8th grade we watched a video called "You must wok before you run" and it was by this guy
From then on I knew I'd love to cook
>>
>>7459659
He contaminates everything in every video hahaha; puts plate right on top of where he cut the meat, no washing lel.
>>
>>7460017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arEWFXWtCIw

If anyone likes making webems the puns are fucking unreal in this video. if you do it right you will get imgur front page easily.
>>
>>7460155

please be bait
>>
>>7460197
how is it bait, he clearly holds raw meat in that video and the chicken video then touches other things with his hands / puts things where the meat was. It takes microseconds for bacteria that will fuck your day up to spread to other surfaces.

the 5 second rule is not real you pleb.
>>
>>7460199

I'm just saying please be bait because I hope nobody is this retarded.
>>
How high is high? I have an electric stove, so should I I set it to the maximum heat, as if I were boiling water?
>>
>>7461407
If you have an electric stove like I do, I usually set it to max for boiling water then take it down one from max when I start cooking stuff so around there should be fine
>>
>oily mess
>>
>>7461407

If you're talking about a wok, the heat level is many times hotter than your electric stove could ever hope to reach.

A normal household electric stove is usually about 6-8,000 BTU. A wok burner from a Chinese kitchen is over 100,000 BTU.
>>
>>7461407
High has no meaning because of the vastly different outputs of different stoves. So you simply have to have experience with your specific stove and interpret the meaning of "high" based on the recipe and what that step is trying to accomplish. I mean right now I'm using a really shitty old electric and the highest level is barely enough to keep a large pot of water at boiling. On other similarly old electric stoves, a medium setting would put out that sort of power, and high can actually be used to sear something.
>>
>>7460199
Even if the plate was the same one he used for raw beef, the heat from the food is hot enough to kill everything
>>
>>7461671
Nah dude this guy saw in his 10th grade home ec class last week that bacteria is bad bad you must clean everything 10 times before using it again
>>
>>7459906

Yeah, it went from cooking demos to reality tv format or being unfancy foodies.
>>
I used to watch this guy in the morning before school, really entertaining and he really makes you want to cook
>>
WOKKIE TALKIE
>>
guess I'm making stir fry tomorrow
>>
>>7459675
>eyeballs are off
>Asian
WELL ILL BE DAMNED NO ONE SAW THAT COMING, ESPECIALLY HIM
>>
>>7461426
>A wok burner from a Chinese kitchen is over 100,000 BTU.

holy fuck. accidents must be pretty much fatal then.
>>
>>7459703

I didn't notice any anti-white racist jokes in there. He sure does pick on his own accent a lot. Really charismatic guy, I enjoyed watching him cook.
>>
yes
cook is amazing and funny things
intriguing n' fantastic sweet thigns
i love you guys m9(^o^)
>>
>>7462500
This. Poltards are more easily triggered than Tumblrinas.
>>
>>7462680
Nobody criticized his jokes about white people.
>>
>>7459659
Can anyone tell me what cut of beef he is using? I tried a similar thing with chicken but damn that beef looks dank
>>
>>7462984
frank steak
>>
>>7459971
Of course you can. Test this yourself. Next time you heat up oil for deep frying, pour in a half cup of water. You can still use the oil unaffected after the water evaporates. It's a neat party trick.
>>
File: 1434481770480.jpg (23 KB, 730x364) Image search: [Google]
1434481770480.jpg
23 KB, 730x364
I love this man. He is wonderful, fun, and brings me great joy. He keeps talking about a sauce he made earlier, but I cannot find the video he makes it. Please help?
>>
>>7463058
corn starch and water. he adds sugar and soy sauce in it too.
>>
>>7463019
Don't do this by the way.
>>
>>7459659
Is this from the 80s or just a vapourwave imitation?
>>
File: 1353036511850.gif (618 KB, 400x229) Image search: [Google]
1353036511850.gif
618 KB, 400x229
>>7463132
In another video, their mail in offer to buy a clever says the offer ends December 31st 1994.

Thank you for this thread btw OP.
>>
>>7463101
and sometimes hoisin
>>
>>7459703
These aprons are awesome
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>7463719
>>
>>7463719
I have one of his cookbooks, some pretty great recipes in them
>>
>>7459659
I remember waking up early with my friend to watch him on PBS.

https://youtu.be/dVGeUVQATwo?t=11m3s
>>
>>7459820
this was back in the early 80's. hygiene standards weren't the same thing as they are today and cross contamination wasn't really a thing people paid much attention to (remember this was before the real salmonella scares started to hit centering chicken and eggs)
>>
>>7463107
IT CREATES MUSTARD GAS
>>
>>7459971
Oil into boiling water, yes. Not the other way around though.
>>
>>7459683
Hey now, two Yans don't make a right.
>>
>>7459703

>Utilized his accent to make a pun

This guy is just next level dad jokes
>>
>>7462769
>Nobody criticized his jokes about white people.

There were no racist jokes. You are a crazy person.
>>
>>7459904
underrated
>>
https://www.youtube.com/user/UrbanPeasantShow/videos

reason i cook
come home from school put on the comfy
shame theres so little online of him
>>
Oldfag here. My family used to go to Yan's restaurant in Burnaby. The menus were covered in his wok puns. I still remember, 'I'll have a scotch on the woks'. He was always there at the restaurant. He'd greet you when you came in then come and shoot the shit with you later after you were seated. He practiced karaoke in the separate dining room. One night he spent half an hour singing Nat King Cole's The More I See You over and over.
>>
Wow this guy is old school huh...WOOOOOO
>>
>>7466259
His restauraunt is still open in burnaby, i wonder if he still owns it or if its since changed hands.
>>
>>7465882
YESSSSS I REMEMBER THIS GUY
>>
>>7459775
>tfw no Orion gf
>>
This guy is great; makes the exact same kind of stupid jokes my grandpa does.
>>
>>7459720
letterman came off as such a jizz cock
>>
>>7467878
His restaurant that I went to closed in the 90's. I don't know anything about a current one.
>>
>there you are
>there you are
>there you are, now
>de yu ah
>>
>>7462680

I think you misunderstand. The post you quoted was me, a /pol/tard.
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.