[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey co/ck/s, I'm going to be visiting Austin TX tomorrow.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: PartyCheeseSalad.webm (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
PartyCheeseSalad.webm
3 MB, 480x270
Hey co/ck/s, I'm going to be visiting Austin TX tomorrow. Any TXfags have some recs for restaurants in the area?

Also, QTDDTOT.
>>
just bring a bic camp stove with you and grill up some dogs in the park, dawg
I mean, for 3 dollars a pack you really cannot beat that value, and you will get some fresh air to boot
>>
>>7459276
Avoid downtown Austin like the plague for the next week and a half if you know what's good for you.
>>
>>7459276
I'm hijacking your thread to ask something similar: What are the chances of picking a random, hole in the wall mom & pop barbecue place and getting the best meal of my life? Do I have to hunt on Yelp or can I just throw darts at a map?
>>
>>7459445
The best meal of your life? Pretty unlikely.

If you want really good BBQ, drive out to Lockhart.
If you have to stay in Austin, hit up Black's, La Barbeque, Micklethwait or Stiles Switch. Be prepared to most likely have a long wait pretty much anywhere though because of the influx of hipsters and corporate assclowns due to SXSW.
>>
I have a shit ton of rosemary. what should i do with fresh rosemary? I dont want it to spoil..
>>
>>7459559
It works really well for chicken and other poultry, also lamb and beef. You could also dry it out and save it for later use.
>>
>>7459559
pickle it bro, or can it if you have the equipment
>>
>>7459559
Freeze it, woody herbs freeze well. Just be sure to make sure the air is out of the ziplock. If you want to be anal, wrap them individually in foil first.
>>
>>7459565
Pickled rosemary??

>>7459563
Yeah, I've been making savoury dishes and adding loads of rosemary in it but there's still a good few handfuls.

>>7459570
Oh I never knew. Will this work with the mint I got as well?
>>
>>7459575
nah I'm just joshing about pickling
I presume herbaceous plants(mint) that are frozen will ooze when thawed, but if you dry it you can preserve it to almost as good (but not as good) quality
>>
>>7459276

The chinese bbq place in the chinatown center off Lamar blvd. Get the bbq duck and char siu pork.
>>
Highly recommend you check out Ramen Tatsuya! Traffics going to be a bitch tomorrow because Obama is in town but lucky for you Ramen Tatsuya is a bit north and a little bit out of the way. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCsA6cPutnQ
>>
File: maximum-cuckery.jpg (153 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maximum-cuckery.jpg
153 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>7459697
Ja/ck/ visits the set of ghostbusters reboot for some spooktacular dishes
>>
>>7459276
Come to my house and choke on my fat salty salami
>>
File: 1454476215131.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1454476215131.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>
>>7461634
is that supposed to be an omelet?
>>
>>7459276
why do people like this horrible cock rag. He cant cook his sauce is just horrible is it just a big troll with ck.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.