[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is diet Dr.Pepper ok for your teeth if you drink a lot of it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: diet dr. pepper.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
diet dr. pepper.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
Is diet Dr.Pepper ok for your teeth if you drink a lot of it every day?
>>
If you brush your teeth regularly, sure.
>>
ENJOY YOUR PHOSPHORUS
>>
the ph is 3.4

So yes, you will destroy your teeth. do not drink soda at all. You're probably young so you have wonderful teeth with thick enamel and no pain. Keep it that way.

avoid sugar, brush with colgate total after every meal, don't snack, and floss once a day.
>>
huh it has phosphoric acid in it. I can only assume this is bad for your teeth.
>>
What can I drink instead of diet dr. pepper ? that would be ok for my teeth?
>>
>>7458441
thanks for the info.
>>
>>7458458
Water
>>
>>7458441
Actually it's bad for your teeth to brush right after eating. Eating creates an acidic environment in your mouth, temporarily weakening the enamel. Brushing at this point will remove microscopic quantities of enamel, eventually exposing the underlying dentine to bacterial attack. Rather than brush, it is better to chew sugar-free gum. Brush thoroughly first thing in the morning and last thing at night with a fluoride toothpaste, and don't be too punctilious in your rinsing afterwards.
>>
File: 71uGx7Q-usL._SL1500_.jpg (81 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
71uGx7Q-usL._SL1500_.jpg
81 KB, 1500x1500
>>7458441
>floss once a day

ayy lmao

you need to floss after every meal

get floss picks so it's less of a hassle, OP
>>
>>7458412
Sure why not.
>>
>>7458412
The truth is, OP, that no one really knows the answer to this. what you should do is continue to drink a lot of dr pepper (everyday, obviously) and then write a paper on the state of your teeth in a few years. then we'll finally have some evidence on this unknown subject of whether or not soda is good for one's teeth
>>
>>7460116
This, but actually there have been studies on the subject.

One German study, The Wasserkopf report, came to the result that in 63% of the cases the subject showed improvement in enamel thickness and decrease in caries by 32% after ingesting 2dl of a certain name brand cola for an extended period of time.
Another study by the italian dentist Raphael Alitocattivo showed that a vast variety of sodas neutral to positive effects of the general dental health in 79% of the study subjects.

I'm sorry I had to prove you wrong, anon, I just think we should not spread disinformation.
>>
>>7460157
my apologies, I was not aware of these studies.

books on this topic are extremely rare and hard to find
>>
>>7460106
>floss

How retro. You are supposed to use interdental brushes, not floss. Where do you live that still uses floss?
>>
>>7460163
Yeah I know, I have found few books on the subject but one is made by Christoph Lapin du Chatte. He was a professor on the subject of dental health. The book is called "Dental Health: Studies On Western Society".
It was published by Crayon dans le cul in 1971.

If you can find it it's a pretty interesting read.
>>
>>7460157
>that Italian name
>my sides
Not sure if you're trolling or if you were trolled in the first place
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.