[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Some random guy on the street sold me a bottle of vodka. Absolut
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: index.jpg (10 KB, 261x193) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10 KB, 261x193
Some random guy on the street sold me a bottle of vodka. Absolut Peach I think. Said he was homeless and needed the money, so I'm like w/e.

Is it safe to drink? It's in a sealed glass bottle.
>>
Drink it
>>
>>7457977
Its probably stolen but fine. Flavored vodkas are shit though. Toss it and feel good that you helped some guy get some drug money.
>>
absolut flavored vodkas are quite good if you're into flavored vodkas
if the bottle is sealed and the thing tastes like it's alcoholic you'll likely be fine
>>
>>7458141

>wasting liquor

shiggy
>>
Pretty safe to assume that hobos don't have the stuff to reseal bottles.
>>
Bring it over to some party and have the girls drink it, bitches love that shit.
>>
>>7457977
>2016
>not having your own HPLC
Enjoy being blinded, poorfag
>>
>some guy on the street sold me deer meat, is it safe to eat
>some guy on the street sold me a bottle of vodka, is it safe to drink
>some guy on the street sold me X because I couldn't say no. Is it safe to eat/drink it ?
Is this a thing in America ? Or is it just a /ck/ thing ?
>>
>>7460665

It's certainly not typical or normal in America but like anywhere else it does exist.
>>
it's stolen so if you don't have a problem with that, it's fine

i've bought steak and beer off homeless people, never had any issues

worst case scenario they get caught and go to jail.. maybe get some dental work done and they're back on the street hawking cheap stolen goods
>>
>>7460679
>>7460696
But is this a cultural thing ? I'm an Eufag and I certainly don't think this is normal and I don't know anyone who would sell or buy stuff on the street.
>>
>>7460737
If it was a normal thing why would he have bothered to ask if it was safe?

Some guy in a white apron in this strange building sold me meat that was wrapped in paper. The building had the word "Butcher" above the door and there was all sorts of meat there. Do you think it's safe to eat?
>>
>>7460737
well if you got something and don't want it why not sell it

ever heard of garage sales?
>>
>>7460737

No, it's not a cultural thing. I just said it wasn't normal or typical!

>>I don't know anyone who would sell or buy stuff on the street.

Neither do I. But surely it still happens in both of our countries.
>>
File: puke2.png (179 KB, 500x406) Image search: [Google]
puke2.png
179 KB, 500x406
>>7457977
>absolut
you should have just stomped him to death in the streets like the animal he is
>>
>>7460737
is a cultural thing among thieving hobos

like meth and heroin
>>
Like everybody else said it's probably shoplifted and he sold it for drug money or something. But if the bottle still got the plastic seal on it it's safe to drink.
Just out of curiosity how much did you pay for it?
>>
>>7460737
>I'm an Eufag and I certainly don't think this is normal and I don't know anyone who would sell or buy stuff on the street.

I find it difficult to believe you don't have street vendors of any sort whatsoever
>>
>>7460747
>>7460751
Yes I understand but it is a common occurrence on /ck/ for people to ask these questions. If I remember correctly all of these posters were US based. Hence my interest in the subject.
>>7460750
Of course but garage sales are done in controlled conditions.
>>7460799
I see.
>>
>>7460919
Street vendors are present and normal but people/hobos on the street selling stuff are literally non-existent. Even if you include your average shitty neighborhood. Beggars are another story though.
Just yesterday the customs police shut down a street fruit vendor in front of me.
>>
>>7460926
>Street vendors are present and normal but people/hobos on the street selling stuff are literally non-existent.

How are there street vendors if selling things in the street is non-existent?
You're contradicting yourself.
>>
>>7460931
>but people/hobos on the street selling stuff are literally non-existent

So let me explain this better.
Street vendors sell stuff always from the same place and have some sort of a stand (wooden/metal/whatever material). It's like you went to the market but they stand on more frequent places so they make more money.
People who walk around the city and sell stuff are non-existent.
>>
>>7460948
Alright but the hobos aren't walking around the city either, they tend to stick around the same place.
>>
>>7460958
That is probably true, but I've never encountered such a situation. I'm saying people because there was a thread couple months ago where anon bought some deer meat for .99$ a patty from some guy on a parking lot.
>>
>>7460966
More the point, a street vendor is still on the street, selling stuff.
That's why he's called a street vendor.
>>
>>7460966
I remember that thread, too, but it's strange to assume from two instances that random people selling things on the street is a cultural phenomenon. For all we know, both threads might have the same OP.
>>
During the crack epidemic you could buy shit off the street all the time. Once had a guy stop me at a traffic light, I almost ran his ass over because I thought I was gonna get car jacked. Then I thought about it, why is a car jacker pushing a mower around? Because he wasn't a car jacked, he was a crack head trying to sell me a mower. $20.

I bought cordless phones, game systems, a CD player, a crate of incense, movies, floor mats for a car, an egg carton half full of slightly used light bulbs, and one time a case of beer. Two dudes got a chick from the neighborhood to stumble into a liquor store and knock over a shelf in the back, meanwhile they snatched up 10 cases of beer by the front door and sold them off half price. If you have nothing there's always a way to get something.
>>
>>7457977
Check the bottle for anything unusual like sediment. Counterfeit shit can be quite convincing now and they usually spell check the text too
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.