[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just found out I'm lactose intolerant. Should I kill myself?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
Just found out I'm lactose intolerant. Should I kill myself?
>>
File: Lactose_Intolerance_Map.png (212 KB, 1000x558) Image search: [Google]
Lactose_Intolerance_Map.png
212 KB, 1000x558
Sorry anon, but you may not actually be white.
>>
>>7457946
Yes, but the lactose intolerance has nothing to do with the reasons why.
>>
>>7457955

I'd like to propose that many people in the USA are lactose intolerant, but they are gluttons who refuse to give up muh cheese and think molten plastic diarrhea is OK.

I've seen this a lot personally.
>>
>>7457955
What's going on in Niger?
>>
>>7457955
>>7458010
I was able to eat dairy when I was younger no problem. I dunno what happened.

I am actually white btw.
>>
>>7457955
I call bull shit on that map. Do you know how many African societies were cattle based societies? They drank milk all the time
>>
Just limit your intake and have some of your favorite lactose foods once or twice a week to treat yourself.
>>
>>7458012
It's actually pretty common. I'm creeping up on 40, and it's setting in.

But I love milk, and love to read. Spending 15 minutes a shot on the shitter doesn't bother me.
>>
Yes you should Op lactose intolerant life is no life

Also prevents you from polluting the gene pool with your shit future kidd
>>
>>7457946
You do know that laxtose intolerance is a myth right?
>>
>>7458025
Explain please.
>>
>>7458010
Nobody who is lactose intolerant has to give up cheese. You only have to give up things with a lot of lactose per calorie/serving, such as milk, yogurt or ice cream. Furthermore, lactose-free milk is widely available now, so you lose virtually nothing in the end.
>>
File: 1443837008908.png (830 KB, 792x792) Image search: [Google]
1443837008908.png
830 KB, 792x792
>>7458029
strange. milk and donuts make me fart like crazy but yogurt is perfectly fine.
>>
>>7457946
Learn to cook and bake with clarified butter
>>
>>7458047
Yeah, that's sort of the point of yoghurt. The lactobacillus in yogurt digest the lactose to lactic acid. It's the reason why Middle Easterners eat so much yogurt.
>>
>>7458095
Yep. Lactofermentation in general really helps with your gut flora. If you're having problems, start fermenting some stuff. it does wonders/
>>
>>7458095
>that why they eat yogurt

Yea I'm sure in a their infinite knowledge they eat yogurt as a supplement for their gut.

It is more likely they've cultures their milk so it keeps in the desert
>>
File: 1435560824067.png (358 KB, 1043x776) Image search: [Google]
1435560824067.png
358 KB, 1043x776
>>7458027
It's called baiting
>>
File: jj-1425_1z.jpg (401 KB, 1383x1563) Image search: [Google]
jj-1425_1z.jpg
401 KB, 1383x1563
Has anyone tried these? Do they work? I love milk and ice cream. Sometimes when I have a day off I just decide, fuck it, I can spend half the day in the bathroom. But then I found out these exist. Is this too good to be true?
>>
As a lactose intolerant britbong I know the struggle. You should probably kill yourself for posting on /ck/ in the first place, but otherwise just limit what you have and you'll be fine.

I tend to use rice milk where I can (which is pretty nice anyway in coffee), but you don't need to remove it from your diet.
>>
>>7458290
They tend to work for most people, but some people get side effects or incomplete digestion (it also depends on your bowel transit speed and other factors). It's definitely worth a try, but safer to just consume stuff that had its lactose broken down beforehand rather than in your gut.

You can also buy plain lactase liquid, you just put the enzyme directly in the dairy product you want to consume and wait 24 hours for it to do its thing. Lactose at that point is guaranteed to be gone. It's the exact same thing they do to make lactose-free milk but way cheaper to do it yourself. Of course the taste does change since galactose/glucose are sweeter than lactose.
For ice cream the main problems is that you can't really stir it in properly due to consistency.
>>
>>7457946
I genuinely like almond milk, good luck, John.
>>
File: download.jpg (18 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
18 KB, 300x300
>>7458290
I use them and they work just fine, but I don't eat a lot of dairy. Just a slice of pizza or a milkshake once in a while. Take the tablet before you eat so the enzyme has time to break down the lactose in your stomach before it moves into your intestine.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (37 KB, 423x234) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
37 KB, 423x234
Also y'all can buy real milk if you don't like almond/soy/rice/whatever. Lactaid makes milk that's already been treated with lactase.
>>
>>7457955
why did you say sorry?

What's wrong with not being white?
>>
>>7458290
I use them often for things like ice cream and bisques. With the pill I still get farts, but they aren't as room clearing and I also don't get the shits. Worth it IMO, but depends on your reaction and such. (I also take more than one.)
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.