[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just ate a can of this without microwaving it. Give it to me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
I just ate a can of this without microwaving it. Give it to me straight, /ck/. Am I going to die?
>>
If it was dented its a lot worse. if it was dented and had discoloring/smelled bad (by that i mean worse than normal).
You'll probably be ok, but it does say to heat it for a reason, mostly to cover their ass though...

Source: roommate ate all canned goods cold 100% of the time, and is still alive
>>
>>7457707
So, what you're saying is, I can eat 3 more?
>>
No, but you should prolly rethink your life.

Cold canned chef boyardee is a rock bottom low point.
>>
>Am I going to die?
no, you've found the secret to immortality
>>
>>7457707
>but it does say to heat it for a reason
that's just so people don't eat it cold and use it as an excuse for why it tastes bad. i mean it'll probably taste bad to most people either way, but cold pasta and tomato sauce isn't as appetizing as when it's hot.
>>
>>7457700
I keep a few cans in my bag when hiking. Usually ravioli. They are canned at a high enough heat that it should never be a problem. All warnings to heat product are to cover asses. Any can that is not pierced or bulging should be fine. The metal canning process has been more or less unchanged since 1804. It predates pasteurization by 30 years, and is generally regarded as safe because the food is cooked during the process, and sealed at temperatures that will not support aerobic bacteria, and renders the can airtight during the process.

It's actually a fascinating subject. The can was actually in use for 30 years before the can opener was invented.
>>
>>7457735
>I keep a few cans in my bag when hiking.
Do you have a legitimate reason to or are you just american?
>>
>>7457747
I do 3 day hikes. If it's summer, I don't feel the need to fuck with a camp stove. I just eat a can, drink some water, lay out my bedroll, and pass out.

Is eating a legitimate reason? Am I not a real hiker without mountain house?
>>
>>7457747
Get out more. I am also a hiking/camping anon. Sometimes it is a pain to carry a stove so having a couple cans of food does the trick.
>>
>>7457700
do you guys like chef boyardee with the can on? I don't know why these taste so different, but I love them.

fuckin messy as shit though god damn.
>>
>>7457839
I am so confused by "with the can on". As opposed to out of the can, or what?
>>
most canned food except acidic stuff is edible for hundreds of years so long as the can is intact. The texture and taste will deteriorate but will be safe to eat even raw
>>
File: image.jpg (233 KB, 440x594) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
233 KB, 440x594
>>7457700
Congratulations on trolling ck
Or are you really so stupid you think anything harmful could live amongst all that salt in a sealed can, that 30 seconds of heat would kill
>>
earlier than the rest of us, but thats not really because of the can alone so much as the fact where youre point in your life where youre okay with eating it
>>
>>7457839
Is this a new meme?
>>
>>7458901
Calling everything a meme is the new meme.
>>
>>7458622
Some uncooked canned foods CAN kill you
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.