[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/booze/, alcohol, spirits
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 6
File: chambord-new[1].jpg (86 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
chambord-new[1].jpg
86 KB, 600x900
let us have a friendly thread about cocktails and spirits. share recipes and favourite spirits.

pic related, what i'm drinking right now

>not drinking chambord straight up
>2016
>>
>>7456277
>16.5%abv
>similar to wine
>$40 a bottle

Wow OP, its like drinking a $100 bottle of wine that tastes like it was made for 19 year old girls. You're a badass.
>>
making cocktails for yourself/gf/friends is only fun for so long, at least I get bored of it rather quickly and after the first two-three we just go back to straight shots
>>
how do you actually enjoy alcohol.
it rarely tastes good on its own, and all it does it dehydrate you and make you feel awful 2 hours after you stop drinking.
what's the secret?
>>
>>7456277
Pour some of that over carbonated water to make an Italian soda.
>>
Hey guys, I'm meant to be making two cocktails for my Dom. He's a pro in the kitchen (I'm shit, but I intend to get better) and he's really about precision. I like that.

The two cocktails I'm making are the French 75 and Last Word.

What I know so far is that they consist of the following:
French 75 is disputed whether the classic contains
>Gin or Cognac
>Lemon Juice
>Simple Syrup
>Champagne

and the Last Word consists of:
>Gin
>Maraschino Liqueur
>Chartreuse
>Lemon Juice

I'm just wondering if you guys have any suggestions on what kinds of components to use.
>>
>Chambord

I'm such a tart, but I'm a sucker for a french martini.
>>
>>7457759
>it rarely tastes good on its own
try higher quality stuff next time
>all it does it dehydrate you and make you feel awful 2 hours after you stop drinking
only if you drink too much
in your case I'm guessing it's not much since you're having hangovers after 2 hours
>what's the secret
dunnow really
try some easy cocktail like cuba libre or jack and coke or daiquiri
>>
>>7456277
The holy hand grenade of liquors
>>
I like whiskey and orange juice.
>>
I like to drink Makers Mark bourbon, it's probably my favorite thing to drink strait, but I enjoy absinthe when I'm in the company of good friends. Only a few people constitute absinthe buddies though because shit gets weird. After that, vodka and tequila based stuff for parties, and straight gin when I want to forget.
>>
>>7456277
Heaven Hill straight out of the bottle
>>
>>7456350
>similar to wine

Nigga what?
>>
>>7456277
That shit is amazing for preparing desserts such as using it for a berry medley syrup over a chocolate ganache cake
>>
>>7459181
Wine is 12.5%-14.5%.

If you're going to split hairs over a few percent, your autism is showing.
>>
>>7457759
The secret is to not have shit genes, Chin.
>>
>>7456277
Does anyone have a 30 to 50 bucks recommendation list for all types of distilled spirits for those about to start on an alcoholic tasting, but not wine, tour?
>>
>>7459880
30 to 50 for final products because not much alcohol money and will buy over the course of the year, tasting will be with the 3 bucks or so 50ml mini bottles.
>>
>>7459880
Tennessee Whiskey - George Dickel 12
Shochu - Iichiko Silhouette, though Kannoko is also in the same price range and is considered a premium type of shochu
>>
>>7459839
>If you're going to split hairs over a few percent, your autism is showing.

that is not how its diffretn.
>>
I drink all my spirits exclusively with Sunny D.

How awful of a persona am I? Sunny D just tastes so good with gin.
>>
>>7459929
Nuthin wrong with sippin on gin and juice anon.
>>
>>7459911
Thanks. Shochu, huh?
>>
>>7456277
I only drink stuff straight. For some reason, I feel like I'll drink way too much alcohol if I mix it with other stuff. Also, I feel like I'm ruining the actual flavor of the drink.
>>
What're some good vermouth brands for a gin martini? Picked up a bottle of Lejon Extra Dry because I dont know what the fuck I'm doing
>>
Turned 21 today, what do I go for? Any good cocktails? I've only had shit like whiskey and dr.pepper.
>>
>>7458792
My nigga
>>
>>7461499
Noilly Prat is the best quality vermouth that is easy to find.
>>
>>7459911
>George Dickel 12
I go with this over the Barrel Select. Don't know why.
>>
>>7461546
Dolin is betterer and not too hard to find
>>
who here bailey's
>>
Is Russian Standard Vodka any good? I saw the Platinum much cheaper than the Gold version.
>>
oh /ck/ help me. i drank too much beer. i know this thread isnt really abojut beer. but now im going to get fat. i had like 7 things of high ABV beer. and i feel so ashamed. please help me feel less alone and why do i feel so hungry? I feel like i could eat anything
>>
>>7462791
Eat something and go to bed.
>>
File: 339331.jpg (753 KB, 884x2777) Image search: [Google]
339331.jpg
753 KB, 884x2777
>>
Whenever I drink a medium amount to a lot of alcohol I don't feel "hungover" as such, just more really nauseous. Depending on how much I've had increases how much I'm out for the day and how much I throw up in the morning (usually a lot).
Is this just a standard thing? Haven't been drinking for too long so unsure
>>
>>7462833
What is a medium amount of alcohol?
I've never actually felt hungover before from drinking alcohol. Like half a bottle of sake or two glasses of wine. How much causes hangovers?
>>
>>7462841
An entire six pack of substantial abv beer will rek your entire body for a few days.
>>
>>7462841
I only feel the nausea when I consider myself being drunk the night before (the amount drunk varies), and it intensifies depending on how much more I drank after I reached that point.
I usually get "drunk" after maybe 4-5 standard drinks. Everyone's different though.
>>
really been liking the asian section of the liquor store. Shochu goes down really smooth and the small bottles of soju they sell for like 4.95 are nice to bring to a concert or party instead of multiple beers
>>
>>7462849
you should be eating and drinking water not just inhaling your drinks. you really shouldnt be getting hungover at all unless youre drinking a six pack of >8.5%
>>
Can anyone recommend me a good rye whiskey. I dont really buy whiskey ever but i tried someone elses rye and liked it. unfortunately dont know what it was. budget isnt an issue.
>>
>>7462851
Which one's a better drink? Shochu or soju?
>>
>>7462867
well soju has a lower alcohol content and is a rice wine. it's not nearly as flavorful as sake, but its dirt cheap. shochu is made from barley and has roughly 20% alcohol and is kindof like a vodka with a nice earthy taste that doesnt have a bite. both can be sipped and go down very smooth. i would pick shochu over soju if i had the option. but a good jingumae filtered sake is better than either flavor wise. however good sake is not cost effective if you are intending to treat alcohol as a drug
>>
>>7462859
Rittenhouse 100proof
cheap and great
>>
>>7462833
>I just feel really nauseous after drinking.
>I throw up a lot in the morning.

This IS a hangover. You are experiencing hangovers.
>>
>Whiskey thread is up

>>7462949
>>7462949
>>7462949
>>7462949
>>
>>7462951
>whiskey thread
>people here are talking about liqueurs, wine, beer, cocktails, shochu, and vermouths
>>
>>7462967
i just wanted to specifically talk about whiskey does that hurt your autism?
>>
>>7462879
Thanks for the info
>>
File: 1457288761130.jpg (424 KB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
1457288761130.jpg
424 KB, 1800x1200
I judge how good a bartender is off their old fashioned. If they can make that right they golden.
>>
>>7462988
...you judge a bartender by the easiest drink, that is generally the first thing anyone learns?

"I judge Olympic athletes by whether they can walk two blocks to the gas station. If they can do that...Gold"
>>
>>7462996
not the easiest drink, but definitely not the hardest. gordan ramsay judges chefs off their scrambled eggs and dan gable judges wrestlers off their double-leg. fundamentals are everything faggot.
>>
>>7462996
Fwiw most bartenders at dive or college bars couldn't make you a decent old fashioned
>>
>>7462924
I thought as much but I don't feel like those are the "typical" responses; I don't get headaches or sensitivity to light/loud noises
>>
>>7456277
What flavor does that brand have?
>>
>>7462758
Isn't the original vodka much better than the higher scale ones?
>>
>>7463026
He judges chefs based on how good their food is
>>
File: BETON.jpg (102 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
BETON.jpg
102 KB, 640x480
Best liqueur coming through
>>
>good orange liqueur + brandy

this is the ticket
>>
>>7462489
soft, creamy, beige
>>
My go to is 2 parts bourbon (i like bulleit or makers), 1 part domaine de canton, and a few dashes of orange bitters on the rocks.

tasty as fuck.
>>
>>7462859
Sazerac, add a splash of absinthe and peychaud bitters if you want to get decadent.
>>
I've been getting drunk on vacation everyday for a week and a half. Am I gonna have withdrawal symptoms at work tomorrow?
>>
>>7467569
This sounds pretty good. The hole bourbon, ginger, citrus spice things is nice. I'm an Old Fashioned guy, but I'll give this a try!
>>
>>7468658
whole*, I'm drunk and retarded
>>
File: Greek liqueur.jpg (76 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Greek liqueur.jpg
76 KB, 1000x1000
This is my personal favorite.
>>
I'm going to buy some red wine. I have no idea what I'm doing.

Also how do I keep from being gay or a liberal?
>>
File: paisano_0.png (237 KB, 317x682) Image search: [Google]
paisano_0.png
237 KB, 317x682
>>7468984
Drink gutter wine and don't have a problem with it, automatic not gay or liberal you fucking faggot.
>>
>>7469242

pls read
>>
>>7462859

Pikesville, High West Double Rye, or High West Rendezvous Rye are my favorites. For budget reasons, my go-to is normally Old Overholt though. About $16 for a liter where I am, and it's clean with a great rye punch and overall good flavor.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.