[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /ck/ think about Buffalo wild wings? What do you order?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 19
File: 646887435665.png (372 KB, 550x366) Image search: [Google]
646887435665.png
372 KB, 550x366
What does /ck/ think about Buffalo wild wings? What do you order? If you don't like bww, what wing places do you prefer?
Pic related, Asian Zing sauce (God tier)
>>
File: 348s.jpg (39 KB, 348x348) Image search: [Google]
348s.jpg
39 KB, 348x348
Also boneless or traditional? I know boneless is just nugs, but they're so good. I always have a hard time deciding
>>
Blazing for the spice
Mango habanero for the taste
>>
What do people think of crispy, "breaded" buffalo wings.
>>
>>7456193
absolute shit tier to be frank with you
>>
>>7456183
Daily reminder if you prefer boneless over traditional you're literally a woman.
>>
>>7456206
I don't have time to fuck around with bones, I'm trying to shovel as much chicken into my mouth as possible
>>
>>7456206
If you prefer BWW over starvation you have no taste.
>>
>>7456211
>Not chewing through the bone
Found the woman
>>
>>7456219
This. It's the best part. Except when the wings are overcooked and the marrow dries out
>>
>>7456211
Woman don't have the raw tooth strength to chew through bone so you just proved his point
>>
>>7456169
The traditional wings always seem to come out good.

It's always the boneless wings that are hit and miss.

They're god tier when the meat is in good shape and have plenty of sauce on them. But some times the wings are just dry nuggets and they are some times just horrible quality nuggets--the meat being horribly texture and being all fat or the nuggets just being all breading.

It's always safer and cheaper to make your own nuggies and just toss them with sauce you can buy bottled from bdubs
>>
Asian Zing and Caribbean Jerk are my go-to sauces.
>>
I picked up a bottle of this the other day. So good, but I'm a pussy and it's too hot for me to eat comfortably
>>
File: 3_zps2ead4b84.jpg (73 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
3_zps2ead4b84.jpg
73 KB, 600x400
>>7456169

I'm a sucker for their soft pretzels with the salsa cheese. Goes great with beer.
>>
Love wings. Last time I made them was during this most recent Super Bowl. My buddy invited me over to his place, or rather his father-in-law's place--really an amazing house, he raises chickens, has a fish farm of tilapia and one of the largest backyard gardens I've visited--to watch the game. Made about 200 wings but played it safe. 100 of a simple honey and hickory smoked wings, and another 100 of garlic butter wings. They turned out great. I wanted to be a little more adventurous but when you're cooking for a crowd it's better to play safe.
>>
>>7456312

fuck off and die namefag.
>>
>>7456322
nice shitposting
>>
>>7456322
I'm sorry anon
>>
>>7456322
He made some pretty good tacos the other day so he's ok
>>
>>7456169
Absolute shit tier establishment. Artifical tasting sauces, can literally only make wings decently and everything else is horrendous, extremely noisy, terrible customer base - I can't think of a single reason to go to a BWW under any circumstances. Maybe if I was a turbo pleb with bad taste like OP I would falsely think I had a reason to eat their food.
>>
>>7456326

kill yourself too faggot.
>>
>>7456341
>goes to Buffalo wild wings
>unironically orders something besides wings
>>
I don't care for the 'tude that Buffalo Wild Wings uses to market itself.

>>7456193
That's what I prefer. Fuck bones on these tiny ass chicken pieces. This man >>7456206 knows the truth.

>>7456224
>Chewing threw the bone.
Don't bone-in wings already have enough dry hunks of shit on them for you?
>>
>>7456193
If done right then god tier. Has to have just enough breading to hold a good amount of sauce but still crispy
>>
>>7456353
no you
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>
>>7456356
>clearly never tried it
When you bite into the bone the marrow is rich and has an almost creamy texture. Not dry at all. It's pretty much the same as dipping them in ranch or bleu cheese. It's literally the way youre supposed to eat wings
>>
>>7456341
> can't think of a single reason
Found the friendless teetotaler
>>
>>7456368
>eating literal bone
Lol y tho?
>>
>>7456375
>wasting the bone
Do you cut the crust off your pbj too?
>>
>>7456385
Crust is bread. Bone isn't meat.
And unrelated but yes I do prefer a crustless pbj
>>
Only reason to go there is beer & sports. The wings are average at best. Roasted Garlic Mushrooms are pretty good when you get a buzz going.
>>
File: IMG_20160309_221523427_2.jpg (1 MB, 1245x2214) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160309_221523427_2.jpg
1 MB, 1245x2214
OP here. Just ordered half Asian Zing, half hot
>>
>>7456219

>>7453993
Hi
>>
The BWW by me is actually really great. I've only been there a couple times but the servers were really nice and the food was actually really good.

Every other one I've been to has been absolute shit tier though, for reasons described by other anons in the thread.
>>
File: 1334362282648.jpg (105 KB, 640x430) Image search: [Google]
1334362282648.jpg
105 KB, 640x430
>>7456169
>mfw my local Safeway has a wing bar now
>>
>>7456605
I used to go to the BWW near my house all the time. The bartender was pretty awesome, always talked to all us regulars and knew what we liked to drink. The food was reasonably decent, as far as chain bar food goes. Then they banned smoking in the bar so I stopped going there.
>>
>>7456620

Feel that, smoking is banned in bars in my state. You also have to serve food if you want to serve alcohol, which is pretty weird.
>>
File: 1456116706923.jpg (37 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
1456116706923.jpg
37 KB, 500x376
>>7456183
>>7456206
> hurrdurr
> traditional wings not boneless...unless you're a woman
> medium rare steak. medium? get a load of this lesbian
> you need chaser for that vodka? what a pussy
> lol you're not drowning your food in hot sauce? you a chick?
> oh you dont grill your meat? should probably tone down that estrogen, bro
> vegetables? that's why my food eats, ya sissy
> electric shaver? wow get out the tampon brah, real men use straight razors
>>
>>7456726
FEMALE FUCKING DETECTED
>>
boneless, then a combo of 5 parmesan garlic, 5 mango habanero, 5 carribean jerk, and then i try one of the monthly features
>>
Buffalo Wild Wings is shit according to every person I talk to in real life as well as my own opinion. Their food is fine, it's hard to fuck up wings, but there's a systematic issue with their service. They can't figure out how to serve a crowd within a reasonable timeframe. Everything is halfassed, wings are always coated poorly in the sauce, everything takes forever. They'll take 20 minutes to get you a little side cup of some sauce. They need someone to get in there and revamp their management structure because clearly they have no idea how to do this shit.
>>
>>7456169
i dont like any of the flavors past asian zing even though i usually like my wings super hot.
>>
>>7456169
I prefer Quaker Steak and Lube.
>>
>>7456554
how hot are reformulated blazin wings? I've fallen for the 'we use ghost pepper in this' meme before and I was disappointed
>>
>>7456726
>electric shaver? wow get out the tampon brah, real men use straight razors

for real though, if you use an electric razor you're just a pussy who is scare of knicking yourself

they fucking suck
>>
>>7456894
Can't speak for Reformulated, but the original blazin?

Man I've had dried Carolina Reaper Peppers, the only thing that came as close to that on the "oh fuck what the fuck have I done" scale, was the blazin
>>
Let me preface this by saying I fucking love buffalo wings. They are hands down my favorite food. I eat them on a weekly basis if not more. Having said that, I ate at a BWW one time when I was visiting someone in Indiana and it was absolute dog shit. The wings weren't crispy, the sauce was shit, I couldn't even taste the chicken. I felt sick walking out of the place. Ever since then, I try to stay away from most chains because I have tried most of them. If I havent, I'll give them a shot but none of them impress me. If I want good wings, I either cook them myself, which are the best wings I have ever eaten, or I go to this wing place over on the black side of town, which is the best store bought wing I have ever eaten.
Also, there is no quicker way to tell someone is a pussy than if they order boneless wings.
>>
>going to BWW
I'd rather just go to the local bar and get wings for like 50 cents each.
>>
>>7456169
They're OK, over priced horribly. I usually get the Sampler plate, wings, nachos, onion rings, mozzarella sticks. I like the Honey BBQ, but I'll try the asian zing sometime
>>
I'm surprised to see it getting praise here. Was in one once and it blew. I just wounder if the people praising it are from places without other wing options.

Wings to go is my go to spot for local wings. Plus I get em take out. While I do love wings and football i'd rather consume wings at home where the beer is cheaper and i can listen to the game.
>>
I remember I did the triple inferno black wings of death challenge or something like that

ring of fire? I forgot, it was in highschool.

I think it was like 20 wings in 5 minutes? In their hottest sauce?

Fuck they were so good!!! I brought some home to my mom (I didn't finish, obviously) and I remember snacking on them all night with her, tears springing to my eyes everytime I'd run back to the kitchen to gnaw on a wing.
>>
>>7456904
i use a straight razor, but i'm going to say they are a pain in the ass to do right and take time, opposed to a single edge safety razor, which i can easily shave faster and have less cuts because my hair loved to bump skin out so with a straight edge i'm constantly bleeding on my chin.
>>
not /k/ approved
>>
>>7457063
its not shocking to me, chains are kind of a place by place deal, some are great and they are what make the chain popular, and some are shit and drag it through the mud.
>>
File: 1457217306229.png (280 KB, 442x334) Image search: [Google]
1457217306229.png
280 KB, 442x334
>>7456206
>paying for something that's 50% bone
>>
>>7457324
thats why its also cheaper than the boneless ones
>>
>Mango Habanero
Just savagely rape my soft mouth with that giant spicy cock shit up senpai
>>
I go half teriyaki and half Honey BBQ with desert heat seasoning. I miss their limited edition Salted Caramel sauce, that was god tier
>>
>>7456169
Spicy garlic is best sauce
>>
>>7457495
This is mango habanero in a nutshell
>>
>>7458008
>>7458008
>>7458008

This all the way
>>
>>7456183
Boneless are easier

Its like half the content is inedible shit if you get it with bones, its nothing but a waste of space. Last boneless wings I got were fatty and shitty.
>>
File: image_28.jpg (116 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image_28.jpg
116 KB, 640x640
>>7457123
This.

Plus they don't have Cajun wings. Wingstop > Bww
>>
Medium Caribbean boneless, please. Oh! And a few beers.

>mfw I can't get out of there for under $50.

I'm guessing it's just breaded breast meat that's fried then re-heated. Tasty and addicting, but likely shit tier.
>>
It's /k/

Who has a clone recipe?!!
>>
File: 1456511538030.gif (2 MB, 220x160) Image search: [Google]
1456511538030.gif
2 MB, 220x160
boneless spicy garlic

beer selection is good

NEVER order a cocktail there, they use way below standard amounts of liquor and charge a higher price as well. I watched them make a mojito once: 1 small jigger of cruzan rum (which is only 20% alcohol), + mojito mix + sprite. I could barely fucking believe it.
>>
>>7456726
Triggered faggot/beta/woman detected
>>
File: image.jpg (121 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121 KB, 1152x864
>>7456211
Would you like some sauce with your chicken nuggets, kid?
>>
>>7456726
> gut full of greasy chicken
> mouth burning so heavenly
> pile of bones in front of you

I need all 3.
>>
>>7458966
A clone recipe for chicken wings? Fucking buy chicken wings and fry them.
>>
>>7456169
do you guys like wings with the feathers on? I don't know why these taste so different, but I love them.

fuckin messy as shit though god damn.
>>
File: thumb_600.jpg (109 KB, 590x590) Image search: [Google]
thumb_600.jpg
109 KB, 590x590
Wild wings is dank. To anyone that prefers boneless your a dumbass bro and by bro i mean never my bro. I feel I'm the only guy that digs Thai curry
>>
File: image.jpg (181 KB, 745x733) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
181 KB, 745x733
I like the nachos I had a few years ago and the boneless were good. More recently the meat just isn't very good. They cover that up somewhat with the sauces, but if you order them with the sauces that are milder that inferior meat flavor shines right thru.

The bone in wings are a little better but none of their shit would ever be my first choice.

Pic related. Wings to Go 24pc boneless. By the irregular shape and large size you can tell it's not reconstituted or made of all the little scraps and waste that can't be sold otherwise.
>>
>get blazin' bone-in wings
>fagboi friends get low-tier sauce boneless
>get food, immediately spend a few minutes ripping all the meat off
>enjoy delicious hot bone-in meat afterward
>friends have to eat shitty tendies

A good way to enjoy the heat without constantly bringing hot as fuck shit up to your face, usually keep the meat on one or two so I can still enjoy ripping it off the bone with my teeth though.
>>
How do I get crispy skin on home made wings like most bars / restaurants get?

For the longest time I used to deep fry wings, but I decided I wanted that classic crispy taste. So I've been grilling my wings for about 5-6 minutes to get the skin crisp and then broiling them for another 20 or so. It's good, but not crisp like I want. /ck/ have any tips?
>>
They suck.
All of their sauces are full of sugar or hfcs or whatever.
What the fuck? Shit's retarded.
>>
>>7459177
Thai curry is the best. You just have good taste.
>>
Meh. I'll eat that shit but I like Buffalo Joe's better, some joint in Evanston. Not the one in downtown Evanston, the one on Howard.
>>
>>7459341

Baking powder
>>
>>7459385
When do I apply?
>>
I've seen a couple people mentioned wings to go, its good? I live by one and assumed it was shit, looks sketchy and nobody goes.
>>
>>7456169
Just had some tips today, I like it but not God tier tbhfam. Traditional ftw. Medium and parmesan garlic are the go to sauces. Captain Morgan sauce was pretty good but was in and out with the quickness.
>>
>>7456312

How'd you prep so many? I usually use the boil and bake method and only average out to about a sheet or so.
>>
18 Buffalo thai curry sauce. Back when i drank, the wings were awesome with this beer, its a local beer.

They're still good paired with diet coke, but its just not the same...
>>
>>7459341
I got a deep frier that goes to 450 degrees. The skin gets super crispy. If you leave em in too long, the skin will actually curl up off the wing. The only problem is that some oils burn a little at that temp so you cant reuse the oil.

Its also good to roll em dry in corn starch or baking soda before you drop em in if you can only get the oil to 375.
>>
>>7459171
Naw, boneless.

There's just something about that crust I can't replicate.

I think it' that cavernous thickness that sticks to the meat.
>>
The Asian zing and mango habenero are really good. For non wings the pepper jack steak wraps are good and they always have good wedges and onion rings
>>
I think they serve more than one serving of protien. I don't eat the stuff.
>>
>>7459177
Thai and Caribbean are the shit, dude. Good taste
>>
File: 00sweat.gif (3 MB, 413x233) Image search: [Google]
00sweat.gif
3 MB, 413x233
>asian zing

Literally trash tier

It's gotta be that Speecy Garlique, followed by some increasingly hot, stopping at Mango
>>
File: lalickers.jpg (119 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
lalickers.jpg
119 KB, 640x480
If going to BW3, traditional wings with Caribbean jerk is my go to. Fucking love them.

That being said, I prefer Quaker Steak's sauces for the most part. Pic related is GOAT
>>
>>7456308
>salsa cheese

caso dip you ding dong
>>
File: hswings.jpg (507 KB, 1224x1632) Image search: [Google]
hswings.jpg
507 KB, 1224x1632
>>7459387
Not who you replied to, but baking powder is a good method when you don't have access to a fryer. One of Chef John's best.

http://foodwishes.blogspot.com/2015/01/crispy-honey-sriracha-chicken-wings.html
>>
>>7462664
>caso

It's queso, you ding dong.
>>
>>7462689
Shut up Julio
>>
>>7462773

fuck off spencer
>>
>>7462773
>>7462788

ladies please, you're both pretty.
>>
Just had one park it's ugly ass in my town. HAve yet to sample it, but the SO says that it's absolute shit, and I trust their taste for the most part.

We go to a place called Wing Basket; very lean, non fatty skin and amazing sauce.
>>
File: you talk like a fag.jpg (18 KB, 245x200) Image search: [Google]
you talk like a fag.jpg
18 KB, 245x200
>>7462810
>non fatty skin

GET THE FUCK OUT
>>
>>7462810

>SO
>their

we get it, you're dating a tranny. fag
>>
Any good wing reicpes, niggas?
>>
>>7459240
What the hell the wings at the bww near me look like actual pieces of meat not chicken dicks, are you sure that's bww?
>>
>>7458008
fuck yea spicy garlic is God tier
>>
>>7463240
Beat me to it
>>
I live in Orange County and BWW charges about $1.30 per tiny fucking wing. Sauce are bretty good though, but i still suggest you don't trust the Buffalo Jew
>>
How good are their mini corndogs?
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.