[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck are you supposed to fry eggplant and zucchini without
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: vegetables1.jpg (88 KB, 575x382) Image search: [Google]
vegetables1.jpg
88 KB, 575x382
How the fuck are you supposed to fry eggplant and zucchini without them becoming 95% oil?
This is ridiculous.
>>
>>7455619
Make sure your oil is fucking hot. This is frying 101, gawt dang.
>>
>>7455628
They still absorb all of the oil
>>
>>7455638
do you mean pan frying or deep frying?
>>
>>7455619
Flour nigga
>>
>>7455638
>They still absorb all of the oil
No, they don't. You literally have no idea what you're doing, do you?
>>
>>7455651
Pan frying
>>
>>7455655
Shut up fag boy
>>
>>7455619

Use less oil. They're supposed to soak it up.
>>
toss with italian dressing and drain, then heat up pan, no oil, the dressing that's left on it will be plenty of oil/liquid, once pan is hot toss in veggies and cook to desired level of doneness

c'mon guise this isn't rocket surgery
>>
>>7455702
What if he doesn't want fucking Italian dressing flavored egg plant
>>
>>7455708
then he's a fucking idiot so fuck him and you
>>
you don't need to use any oil at all
>>
>>7455726
>no oil
lol
>>
>>7455691
This.

Practice makes perfect,
>>
>>7455748

you don't need any to saute these vegetables. they don't have a high sugar content and they express water easily. the limited scorching that might occur is very desirable. if you want to use some, you obviously can, but if you're complaining about them absorbing it to the point where they are '95% oil', you might want to dial it down.
>>
>>7455619
[spoiler]grill them[/spoiler]
>>
>>7455713
>>7455702

>/ck/- Food & Cooking, ladies and gentleman.
>>
He means aubergine and courgette.
>>
You can either coat them in cornmeal/flour/etc. or not fry them. You can bake them instead which gives a nice result. You can also cook/steam them in water although this is not suitable for all dishes.
>>
>>7455619
Use water dumbass. You just need to heat water till it's the same temperature as oil and you can fry stuff.
>>
>>7457127

lol this guy
>>
>>7457127

You absolute animal
>>
>>7455748
theres a real fucking reason you named a few of the most popular grilled vegetables ever. you use a very hot pan and a necessary amount of oil, which in this case isnt much, because oil displaces water. same logic youd apply to any sear to keep juicy foods cooked on the outside and preserved on the in

you trying to cook for your quinceanera?
>>
>>7457095
This. A million times this.
>>
>>7457144
Do you know the difference between frying and grilling?
>>
>>7455619
coat with a little oil and bake/broil them
>>
>>7455619
I think what you're experiencing is a soggy final product, due not only to oil absorbtion but to water retention as well. Dehydrating should help. Try salting them generously and then letting them sit for a while - up to an hour, no less than 20 min. You'll notice a lot of water being drawn out by the salt which you can then pat dry with a towel and a little pressure. Next, batter/dredge them to your liking and fry. I suppose you could dehydrate them in the fridge as well without salt. Just cut them and leave them there uncovered for like a day (talking theory here I'm really not sure). Remember that smaller, thinner pieces have higher ratio of surface area to mass, meaning more moisture loss which is good. I hope this helps.
>>
put the oil on them before putting them in the pan.
>>
File: griddling-courgettes.jpg (128 KB, 1032x661) Image search: [Google]
griddling-courgettes.jpg
128 KB, 1032x661
Griddle pan or bust
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.