[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First time poster, didn't even realize 4chan had a cooking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
First time poster, didn't even realize 4chan had a cooking board actually. Where do you guys get new recipes from besides google? any good sites? I'm also looking for low carb recipes to try out, been making orange chicken w/ coconut breading and spaghetti squash, things like that. Anyone have any good recipes to share?

Thanks
>>
seriouseats.com
gordon ramsay's tv cookery show thing
random cooking shows I happen to catch
>>
>>7455168
This serious eats site looks pretty legit, thanks
>>
>>7455153
I'm a trained chef and look at what ingredients I have and make up my own recipes.
>>
>>7455179

it's great, though the main guy is doing a vegan month right now so around half the new recipes are vegan
>>
>>7455179
it's a good site to learn basic techniques too,
>>
>>7455153
Books, you fucking mong.

Between used book stores and thrift shops you can build a massive collection of excellent cookbooks for pennies on the dollar and many "diet" cookbooks and cookbooks geared towards the unskilled and/or lazy end up in thrift stores in particular
>>
>>7455190
that's nice but what about when you want something different and you're at the store? do you just randomply pick an ingredient and decide to base a dish/meal around that, or what? op is looking to try new things, that will likely mean at least a few ingredients that are new to op. as for you op, check out bigoven.com
>>
>>7455488
>used cookbooks
I love when you find one that's already been annotated with recipe modifications
>>
>>7455190
That's pretty cool man.
>>
/ck/ has its own booru

http://ck.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list

lots of good recipes for plebchow
>>
>>7455504
I once found a copy of The Joy of Cooking with a little personalized note written inside.

>"To all the wonderful meals you'll make me. - 2/14/2011"

I always wonder if he got cucked or died. I honestly hope for the latter.
>>
>>7455153
Don't use recipes. Learn to cook
>>
>>7455733
recipies are how you learn to cook dumbshit
>>
>>7455168
>gordon ramsay's tv cookery show thing
his youtube channel is pretty good. None of that housewife pandering bullshit most cooking shows have.
>>
smittenkitchen and epicurious are my go to

The smitten kitchen cookbook is also excellent
>>
>>7455519

I didn't know this existed.

and that it does, /ck/ is pretty much 100% reserved for shitposting huh
>>
OP here, appreciate all the answers. I apparently got hired as a cook at a Shoney's today, I guess they're pretty desperate, so I'll end up learning a lot of bullshit there too. But I'm gonna try some of these places out as well, thanks for your guys' inputs
>>
File: 1454024339067.gif (676 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1454024339067.gif
676 KB, 800x800
>>7455153
Warch Cooking with dog in youtube if you like weeb food.
>>
>>7455153
Usually I get inspired from something, then you google/youtube how to make the dish, then you wing it using the good tidbits of advice.

Following exactly is for baking.
>>
Aside from a couple of sites already posted here.

I like to watch foodwishes, I have a very similar taste with that chef.
>>
Thug Kitchen is a neat little book, even if it is vegetarian.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.