[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Got a quick wonder for you /ck/ians. Or whatever y'all call
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
Got a quick wonder for you /ck/ians. Or whatever y'all call yourselves.

Have you ever tried mixing in Taco Bell sauce packets into your spaghetti sauce?

I just ask cause I keep a few packets of Hot and Fire sauce around to mix into steamed rice so it's not so bland tasting. Which I eat a lot of cause it's cheap and easy to cook.

But I'm wondering now how it'd taste in spaghetti, or if you could even taste a single packet's worth of the stuff in a typical American sized making of spaghetti.

Surely I can't be the first person who's wondered this. Anyone tried?
>>
That sounds foul. Just make aglio olio and peperoncino. (Olive oil, garlic and chilli peppers)

Add tinned anchovies to the sauce and breadcrumbs for epic win.

Whole thing will cost you like 5 dollars
>>
>>7452906
>5 dollars

Nigger a whole pot of spaghetti doest even cost 5 dollars and taco bell sauce is free
>>
>>7452906
>5 dollar sauce
Well I'm not rich, thanks though.
>>
When I first got into cooking, I was probably twelve years old. I would make really basic cheeseburgers and hotdogs and shit like that. I experimented with all kinds of shit. I would put McDonald's sweet and sour sauce in hot dog chili, it was alright. I like taco bell fire sauce mixed in with chili though. Never tried it with spaghetti.
>>
>>7452914
Yes, it is also disgusting on anything other than taco bell and if you want to cook pasta with it you should be ashamed. Unless you're homeless, $4-5 for a large pot of pasta is not expensive. You can get at least 3-4 servings out of it.
>>
>>7452927
No m8. The whole pot of pasta with the sauce and everything costs $4-5. Have you guys ever even been to a supermarket or do you just eat at fastfood joints?
>>
>>7452929
>I like taco bell fire sauce mixed in with chili though
I might have to try that.

>>7452906
So what, you add that stuff to spaghetti sauce or make the sauce from that? And it sounds less like spaghetti sauce, which I've always took to be mostly tomotoes, and more like... a pesto sauce, I think it's called?

>>7452936
It was less about cost and more a mild curiosity I had. I have a Cosco membership so pasta sauce and noodles are both super cheap for me. And rice.
>>
File: 1429406607675.jpg (74 KB, 488x720) Image search: [Google]
1429406607675.jpg
74 KB, 488x720
>>7452947
>So what, you add that stuff to spaghetti sauce or make the sauce from that? And it sounds less like spaghetti sauce, which I've always took to be mostly tomotoes, and more like... a pesto sauce, I think it's called?

I don't have the words to describe how I feel about this entire post
>>
File: here's your you.jpg (49 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
here's your you.jpg
49 KB, 640x360
>>7452957
>>
I've only had Taco Bell once in the past decade and couldn't even find out if I won a PS4 because you needed to have a cell phone in order to send in your code.
>>
If you want a little spiciness in your pasta sauce, add crushed red pepper. Add it to the sauce when you put it on to simmer so the oils are released for full effect. Get a huge container of Badia crushed red pepper for about $5 and it will last you like a year.
>>
>>7452985
>no cell phone
>2016

I'm not mad, just confused as to how you survive
>>
>>7452947
Take kosher salt and water and put in big pot. Boil your pasta for about 1 minute less than what it says on the packet. While that's happening:

Take the garlic and chop it

Take the chilli pepper and chop it

Take your stale bread and toast it then chop it or break it into small pieces

Chop your anchovies

Chop some parsley

Heat some olive oil in a skillet, add all of the above except for the breadcrumbs and stir the mix whilst squeezing the anchovies until they're falling apart and the whole thing turns into a loose paste. Add the breadcrumbs and cook for until they brown.

When your pasta is done, drain it, put it back in the pot throw the contents of the skillet into the pot and mix over the hob for another minute or two.

Serve
>>
File: 1329452944508.jpg (36 KB, 245x318) Image search: [Google]
1329452944508.jpg
36 KB, 245x318
>>7452906
>epic win
>>
>>7452999

My 10 year old laptop still does everything I need it to.

I also find people who spend 18 hours a day glued to their smartphones annoying as fuck.

Every year people find it stranger and stranger that I don't have one, but I still manage perfectly fine.
>>
>>7452872
When my local store was starting to run out of lava sauce I bought a couple bags off of them.
You can too, just explain that a bag is 25 ounces, and side is supposed to be 2 ounces, then tell them you'll buy however many sides you need. Prices vary by region but I got two bags for $12.
I ended up putting it on damn near everything; On my fried eggs and toast, in quesadillas, in grilled cheese, in macaroni and cheese. If you look at the ingredients, lava sauce is a red jalapeno mayonnaise with a little vinegar and nacho cheese in it. It goes really well anywhere you'd use mayo or nacho cheese.
>>
>>7453012
Not even like a shitty flip phone? Do you just lug your laptop everywhere and hope your job doesn't call you while you're not home?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (37 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
37 KB, 1280x720
>>7452947
Just try this next time you ake pasta. Garlic is cheap as fuck, buy some olive oil like once a month. Cheese is optional

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjmYkPkjnVo
>>
>>7453040
Gonna be doing that and this
>>7453006

Er, not together. But the next couple of times I make pasta.

I have a neighbor who grows garlic so I'll see if I can mooch a couple cloves off her next harvest.
>>
They literally designed that sauce so that it tastes mediocore on taco bell food and like dog shit on or with anything else.

It's really an engineering marvel.
>>
>>7453057
They are very similar recipes, same principles. If you happen to have anchovies around, use some. If not, it's perfectly fine.

Thats the beauty of aglio e olio. You could fry some diced bacon with the garlic, some tomatos, whatever you have around and it works.
>>
>>7453040
I like this. Why didn't he cook the chili in the oil first? Spices are meant to go in with the oil to impart maximum flavour I thought.
>>
>>7453079
Yep it's weird that he didn't. I've made it both ways, and it's not a big difference though
>>
>>7453078
If you don't have anchovies you can use Colatura di Alici. It costs more per bottle than a tin of anchovies but lasts long as you only use a little per dish so it works out the same price-wise. It's basically a more fishy version of the ancient Garum that Romans and Greeks used to put on everything (like our ketchup).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr18nP8GIgc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LYyajDIsww
>>
>>7453083
Maybe it only matters if you're using some kind of "special" variety of chili where you want to draw every last bit of flavour out. Bog-standard chilli flakes mainly serve for spiciness so I suppose I get why he didn't bother and why it didn't make a difference when you tried it.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.