[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /ck/. Is a japanese rice cooker with this 'fuzzy'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: nipponricecookuru.jpg (15 KB, 300x287) Image search: [Google]
nipponricecookuru.jpg
15 KB, 300x287
Hey /ck/. Is a japanese rice cooker with this 'fuzzy' bullshit worth it over a cheapo cooker at walmart?

What's the main advantages of a 'quality' rice cooker?

Whenever I attempted to make brown rice in cheap rice cookers they tended to boil over no matter how much I washed it. Would one of these help with that? Am I just autistic for nop being able to wash rice?

Thanks
>>
What do you mean by fuzzy?
>>
bread is better than rice.
>>
>>7452801

Fuzzy Logic. If you google 'fuzzy logic rice cooker' there's a bunch of info, but I just hoped for frank, first hand experience.
>>
If you eat rice often, are capable of taking care of a somewhat expensive piece of equipment, and have the money to spend, a good quality fuzzy rice cooker is entirely worth it.

I have the neuro fuzzy and it makes perfect rice every time; the brown rice in particular is better than anything I'd ever had before, and it's just a matter of rinsing it and pushing a couple of buttons.

Plus it keeps it warm for hours and has a timer, so you can wake up to it or set it for when you're getting home.

I literally have no regrets.
>>
>>7452805
For a sandwich, clam chowder, or dipping in olive oil and balsamic vinegar - yes, I will agree. For everything else, no. But, it all depends what rice.
>>
>>7452801
I 2nd this question.
>>
>>7452795
I have an aroma. not sure if its shit because my mom got it for me. But it works great. I throw in some rice and then some veggies and a chicken breast in the steamer compartment and it all comes out at the same time great. 10-15 to prepare and 30-40 to cook
>>
File: NRC-060F.jpg (32 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
NRC-060F.jpg
32 KB, 500x500
I have this model
http://www.naritausa.com/product/NRC-060F.html

I dont know if its 'fuzzy' or not but it was cheap and always produces good rice so would recommend/10
>>
>>7452822

It basically has a computer in it that keeps track of a bunch of different factors and continually adjusts the settings so that the rice cooks just how you want it.

They can cost around 10X more than a basic on/off rice cooker, which simply turns off when the moisture has evaporated/been absorbed and the temperature goes above boiling.
>>
>>7452831
oh, I always made white rice if that matters
>>
>>7452811
>>7452823

Thanks guys. The timer feature does sound particularly great.

Are most rice cookers generally just 'rinse the bowl with soap' to reuse?
>>
>>7452795
If you just want steamed white rice a ten dollar rice cooker from Walmart is perfect

The only reason to get a fancy one is because you're Asian. Given the choice they will drive a bmw suv not a a corrola, because they are driven by status and "face" not logic
>>
>>7452855

Man, people say some dumb shit lol
>>
>>7452850

>are most rice cookers generally just 'rinse the bowl with soap' to reuse

For my Zojirushi there are three things to wash. There's the bowl, which is hardcore non-stick, so a once over with a soapy sponge is enough, the spoon/paddle, and the inside lid, which pops out and is pretty simple to clean, but gets a little starch/residue on it from the steam, especially if you add other shit to your rice.

It's really low maintenance; just don't leave it out for your roommates/family to fuck around with if they don't know what they're doing - but that should go without saying.
>>
>>7452795
i have that exact model in black. Bought it 50% off on Prime Day. No regrets. Set it before work, its ready for lunch, and keeps any leftovers hot for dinner. Ive accidentally left rice in there for 20 or so hours and it was still hot and moist.
Washing it is 10 seconds with some hot water and a sponge or scrubber.
Definitely worth your money.
>>
>>7452795
If all you're interested in is brown rice Google how to make it (baked) in the oven

If you want an electronic toy get a fuckin iPad or something else
>>
>>7452811
>>7452823

>>7452795
Thiss.
I have the induction model of your pic.
~$200
No regrets.
>>
>>7452951

>the only people who buy rice cookers are people too stupid to cook rice without one

My rice cooker has improved my quality of life more than an iPad would, and for far less money.

I'm an on and off professional cook, by the way, and am sure I can cook better rice than you without using a rice cooker.
>>
>>7452960

I've never seen the induction for anywhere close to $200.

When I was doing research that was the one model that just seemed unnecessarily overpriced for something that just cooks rice.
>>
>>7452962
Nobody was talking to you, turdburgular
>>
>>7452866
I'm married to a Chinese woman and I once co-owned a Korean restaurant but I guess i don't know what I'm talking about
>>
>>7452976

>nobody was talking to you

B-but multiple anons, including OP, responded to my previous posts, because I actually gave an answer to the questions asked.
>>
>>7452811
How much better is it? I am Japanese (but born and raised in murica) and growing up my mom and all of our Japanese relatives just had the really basic rice cookers. I've never spent more than $20 on a rice cooker and I always feel fine about my rice (though the rice cookers always conk out after a few years).
>>
>>7452834
Thank you. Considering I like the rice from the cheapo rice cooker almost every time, I'm not sure if I could see paying for the fancy computer parts.
>>
ZOJIRUSHI is the best
>>
representin' Tatung senpai
>>
File: 20160308_231834.jpg (606 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160308_231834.jpg
606 KB, 2048x1152
>>7452967
Then don't buy it.
The induction heating isn't just on the bottom of the unit.
Get the unit that is right for you, and that is in the price bracket for you.
If you don't want to spend the extra money, then don't.
It's returns are diminishing.
>>
>>7452855
This is wrong. I've used cheap cookers and they don't cook evenly, particularly around the outside. Fuzzy logic is better, but the best is induction heating for perfectly cooked rice. If you eat rice several times a week it's worth it.
>>
>>7453718

I wasn't bashing the induction: I'd just only seem them in the $300-400 range, which was more than I wanted to spend when I purchased mine.

What are the noticeable differences with the induction?
>>
>>7452801
bait
>>
The golden rule for rice cookers: If you can remove the lid, it sucks.
>>
>>7452885
This. I have the pictured model and it's a breeze. Zero fuss cleaning, consistently good rice, I have less than zero complaints about it
>>
>>7452883
dumb shitty roommates are the worst
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KbRRHRbprU
>>
File: rice cooker.png (245 KB, 631x358) Image search: [Google]
rice cooker.png
245 KB, 631x358
>>7455975

What is this monster that cooks rice in only 20 minutes and can make braised pork belly in 40?
>>
>>7452795
I have the pictured one zojirushi makes good stuff. Never had a bad result from it. You can also set it to have oatmeal ready in the morning. Dead simple to clean too.
>>
What's the best rice cooker for non mushy rice and using paraboiled?
>>
>>7453718
its*
>>
I have something similar to a Japanese fuzzy logic cooker, a Tefal 45-in-one multicook which might be more accessible pricewise to Yuro anons. Have used it to make cheesecake and rice and it does a great job. No timer function but it has a delay start function for up to 24 hrs(I think). I haven't used all of the functions(yet) but for €70~ it cooks rice much better than the cheap one that I had.
>>
I've had a shitty rice cooker from Good Will with only an on/off switch for the past 5 years, and it works fine. The only thing it can't do is those fancy rice cooker pancakes/soups/whatever, but as long as you're only making rice, there's no need to go overboard.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.