[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Approved Pa/ck/ed Lunches
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Lunchbox1-269x300.jpg (17 KB, 269x300) Image search: [Google]
Lunchbox1-269x300.jpg
17 KB, 269x300
Alright bros, here's my dilemma; I am currently a wageslave in part of town where everything is dominated by major chains (traffic also sucks even when going to a major chain) the cafeteria they have in my building is horrendous and doesn't even try to mask the meals they serve.

Now I am not a health fag, nor am I some faggot vegan I've already done searches for this on google, yielding faggoty buzzfeed articles and gay pinterest boards with ideas...so I've come to /ck/

What are some ideas for packed lunches? are there any url references I can go to find material?

My cooking level is beginner at best, but I am open to anything; I've been skipping lunches for the last 2 weeks now and its hurting me because I over eat when I get home and get gerd. Please help.
>>
My go to lunch is nothing special, but it's easy to transport because its just a tupperware full of stuff. I cook up some rice and add tomatoes and beans. Spice to taste.
>>
>faggot vegan
Can this meme stop?
>>
>>7451570
some sandwhich and get the good stuff in the evening?
>>
>>7451579
Thats a pretty good idea man; I may also look into making sandwiches.
>>7451582
Sorry I work with a bunch of vegans, they are a group of loudmouth assholes they have to emphasize every ingredient of whatever they are eating; its annoying as fuck
>>
>sandwich, wrap, hummus and pita, or anything else that sounds good. Alternatively chili or soup or something if you have a microwave and fridge available
>carrot sticks, cucumber, small salad, roasted veg, etc
>piece of fruit or small container of sliced fruit
>small dessert item, like a piece of chocolate or a small muffin
>bag of chips sometimes

boyfriend is in constuction so when i pack his lunch, i usually throw in some gummies, granola bars or whatever I can fit in case he works extra hours or is extra hungry. replace when eaten, leave in there for next time if not. Also convenient to have a cereal bar or something in case you wake up late and skip breakfast.
>>
Tuna salad and crackers. Too good
>>
>>7451652
how do you people deal with variety though? do you guys plan out what to serve on which days; I'd imagine eating the same thing for lunch 5 days in a row would get tiresome as fuck. I am sure there is a good dynamic of balance / scale on how to alternate. maybe I am reading way into this.
>>
>>7451570
i bring a low fat blended lemon yogurt and two pieces of fruit from my bowl o' fruit to work every day. usually an orange and banana, sometimes mango, sometimes a kiwi fruit or two.

and i'm a skinny rich guy
>>
>>7451665
Once I run out of fresh ingredients for something, I move on to something else.
>>
>>7451570
Do you have access to a microwave
I used to make batches of soups, put a serving into ziplock bags then freeze
The day before I could grab a bag and let it thaw out, then it would be ready to be heated when lunch came around.
>>
>>7451679
Can you give me some money?
>>
>>7451665
just pack whatever sounds good that morning/the night before. Make big batches of chilis and stuff and free individual portions. Then you can switch between a few different things and don't have to eat an entire batch of something in the few days before it goes bad.
>>
I usually plan my dinners for the week to specifically have enough leftovers for lunch as well. I cook for two but the ideal is generally: two meals with enough leftovers for one other day, one meal with several days worth of leftovers, and one or two days of meals with no leftovers. In case of no leftovers, I'll make a sandwich.
>>
Hummus and raw green beans or carrot sticks
>>
bumping for more ideas.

hummus idea is pretty good I gotta get used to cleaning out containers though.
>>
2 pb&j's
A bannana
1 greek yogurt
An apple
Protien bar (rough job, it helps)
Bag of mixed nuts
Bag of mixed veggies

Need more ideas.
I dont take lunch while im at work so i just eat while im working and pack food to last me all day. Usually eat 1 item an hour.
>>
>>7451570
Here's what I do

Roast up some pork shoulder or beef on sunday and use it different ways throughout the week.
>tacos with onion cilantro and lime or pico
>rice bowl with pico and roasted corn
>quesadillas with roasted corn in them, dip in sour cream.
>pulled pork sandwiches if you cooked pork obviously

Pierogies and ravioli are intimidating to make for some people but they really aren't hard. I make pork/beef mix pierogies or potato/cheese.

I also cook up some chicken with a sort of souvlaki marinade and then eat out of fresh made pita(really easy to make) with tzatziki, cucumbers, feta or some other cheese.
>>
I got bullied into bringing lunch. Here is what is approved:
Sandwiches
Bread and spread to keep in the fridge
Leftovers
Salad
Cereal and milk
Advocado is popular you might get a compliment
Soup
Can of tuna
Eggs and bread
Bread and cheese for everyone
Tupperware upon tupperware filled with what >>7451627 said
Cake for everyone

Not approved:
Granola bars covered in chocolate.
A mozzarella ball.

So all in all it's just what you feel for as long as you can eat it over a period of time and stay for a chat.
>>
>>7454944
>caring what people think and if they compliment your food.

>nigga its all about not having to drive out to some bullshit chain and waste office hours, and not giving into the bullshit cafeteria for me, I am hourly; I like the idea at eating at my desk and billing for it.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.