[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw I fell for the "Old Bay is Good" meme Now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: 3608175940353.jpg (114 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
3608175940353.jpg
114 KB, 600x600
>tfw I fell for the "Old Bay is Good" meme

Now I've got an entire container that I don't know what to do with. I've been putting it on stuff that doesn't even need it.

Does /k/ have any recommendations for use?
>>
>>7450706
i meant:
>Does /ck/ have any recommendations for use?
>>
>>7450706

At a place where I used to work we'd make fresh kettle chips every day and dust them with some generic Old Bay right when they came out of the fryer.

Shit is pretty addictive.

I honestly never use it at home, though.
>>
Put it on Mac and cheese
>>
Eggs, pork, chicken, shellfish... A lot of things really!
>>
>>7450710
For Seafood, Poultry, Salads, Meats
>>
>>7450706
Boil any seafood you can get with it in the water and any other shit you feel like throwing in there. DO NOT boil it and then put it on the shell so "it gets on your fingers and you get seasoning on every bite" that's bullshit.
>>
>>7450706
Old Bay being good is not a meme, it's a fact.

Try making french fries and throw some Old bay on there when they're still hot. Or chips like >>7450725.
>>
>>7450706
>the old "old bay is a meme" meme

Don't fall for this shit OP.
>>
>>7450901
>Try making french fries and throw some Old bay on there when they're still hot.

This. It's fantastic on fries. Even better, whip some together with a little mayo and dip the fries in that.
>>
>>7451166
Damn I never even thought of that! My usual go to for dipping fries is mayo + mustard, I'm gonna definitely add Old bay next time, thanks for the tip anon.
>>
Take my advice and buy some of this Tuscan Rub to try on a roasted Chicken or some Kebabs.
>>
>>7451166
or just make a basic cheese dip with american cheese, cream, basil, pepper and garlic a pour it over the fries
>>
>>7450706
>Does /k/ have any recommendations for use?
/k/ here, load some into some shotgun shells and go small game hunting. Every squirrel, rabbit, ect. will be perfectly seasoned and ready to cook after field cleaning.
>>
>>7450706
Use it as potpourri
>>
File: YES.jpg (609 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
YES.jpg
609 KB, 1536x2048
>>7451336
this is a good post here's a star
>>
>>7451372
chicken nuggies, mac n cheese, ketchup and i assume... a ranch star? cute in a way
>>
File: 1376029028253.jpg (192 KB, 963x724) Image search: [Google]
1376029028253.jpg
192 KB, 963x724
>>7451336
>>
I thought I'd be healthy and bought the 30% less sodium version after realising the original version I loved is basically salt with a bit of spice mixed in. I'm unsatisfied. I want the heart-disease inducing version back.
>>
Take old bay bottle
Place in trash
???
Profit
>>
>>7452368
Good for you.

A longer life not worth living is no life at all.
>>
>>7453776
Yeah it also made me realise how much of the flavour in Old Bay actually comes from the salt, without it it just tastes like a sort of standard spice mix
>>
File: Malt-Vinegar.jpg (40 KB, 550x794) Image search: [Google]
Malt-Vinegar.jpg
40 KB, 550x794
>>7450706
French fry's + old bay + malt vinegar.
>>
>>7450706
Reporting in from the merry land of Maryland, its real easy, if you think it could be interpreted as soul food or even "comfort" food its good to put on it. Anything that is a fried potato is also fine, chips and fries especially. The real deal though and this is the tough one, you go get some fucking chesapeake bay blue crab! Not the shit out of the gulf but the ones from the usa. Drown them in it till you cant see their stupid little eyes and their points vanish under the red snow and then steam them till they match the spice.
>>
>>7450830
>boil any seafood
FUCKING LANDLUBBERS REEEEEE
>>
Put it on popcorn
>>
File: sauces-620x359.png (255 KB, 620x359) Image search: [Google]
sauces-620x359.png
255 KB, 620x359
You aren't memeing it up enough OP.

BAM.
>>
Old Bay + Chips + bacon horseradish dip = GOAT
>>
>>7450706
>Now I've got an entire container that I don't know what to do with. I've been putting it on stuff that doesn't even need it.
Dude. Slow down. You don't need to finish this thing up like it's going to go stale or be wasted 14 days after opening. It might last 10 years in your pantry or more! It's an occasional use item. You can get sick of it, or you can get addicted to it.

It goes nicely with only a handful of ideas, and when those ideas are in your rotation, you're good. I only occasionally use my Lawrys, Tony Cacheres, Tajin Classico, Mrs. Dash, herbes de provence, saffron...own this stuff and enjoy it whenever the mood strikes. I don't cook crab that often, myself. I love it on homemade potato chips, but on other potato items, I'll reach for just basic pepper and salt, usually.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.