[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do chefs take themselves so seriously? Don't they realize
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: chef shot copy.jpg (125 KB, 1080x809) Image search: [Google]
chef shot copy.jpg
125 KB, 1080x809
Why do chefs take themselves so seriously?

Don't they realize the only people who thinks their job is important or prestigious is themselves?
>>
>>7447449
The same could be said for most professionals.
>>
>Don't they realize the only people who thinks their job is important or prestigious is themselves?

that's clearly not true though
>>
Back in my day trolling meant something
>>
>>7447453
This. Believe it or not kid, people who are actually important, prestigious and successful pay chefs large sums of money for their apparently unimportant services.
It's not the chefs fault that your trailer trash upbringing led you to feel betrayed once you found that olive garden and red lobster weren't fine dining.
>>
>>7447449
Because it's a cutthroat business and one messed up dish can ruin your reputation?
>>
>>7447457
Don't delude yourself. A customer goes to restaurant for the restaurant, not the chef. A chef can be replaced in a minute
>>
I fucking hate this place.
>>
File: john-cleese-5.png (352 KB, 992x749) Image search: [Google]
john-cleese-5.png
352 KB, 992x749
>why are professionals professional?
>>
>>7447462
make it more obvious that you have no sense of class, and are unable to comprehend class if you saw it. the chef is the restaurant. successful people are usually successful because they arent blinded by glamour
>>
>>7447466
>the chef is the restaurant
ha ha ha ha

read a book and learn something kid
>>
>>7447464
This is one of the top 5 worst boards on this entire site, yeah.
>>
>>7447471
OBVIOUSLY AND UNIRONICALLY STUDIED RESTAURANT MANAGEMENT IN SCHOOL LOL. life choice damage control on an anonymous board? literally rock bottom
>>
>>7447462

this is also clearly not true, chefs are often seen as auteurs
>>
A Chef is a Craftsman. And just like any tradesmen they have their tools.

In my toolbox you wont find chisels, saws and screwdrivers.

You will find knives, thermometers and wine keys.
>>
File: 1454015046379.jpg (70 KB, 960x1014) Image search: [Google]
1454015046379.jpg
70 KB, 960x1014
>>7447504
Post reminds me of this
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (38 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
38 KB, 1280x720
>>7447504
>In my toolbox you wont find chisels, saws and screwdrivers.
>You will find knives, thermometers and wine keys.
>>
>>7447505
that fucking image good lord
>>
>>7447462
> a chef can be replaced in a minute
GOOD ones can't be. Why the shit do you think top-tier chefs are headhunted by high-class establishments?
>>
>>7447505
wait, so he's going to cut someone and then argue with them?
>>
>>7447563
I guess their logic is that it's hard to state your point in an argument if they've been cut, so the fedoralord would win by default.
>>
File: 1449992907907.jpg (91 KB, 1040x572) Image search: [Google]
1449992907907.jpg
91 KB, 1040x572
>>7447455
>>
>>7447449
OP got cucked by a chef lol that's why he's shitposting
>>
>>7447472
>This is one of the top 5 worst boards on this entire site, yeah.
But /v/, /u/, /b/, /trash/ and /soc/ exist.
Also throw in /co/, neo-/tv/, neo-/a/, /lgbt/ and the other homosex boards since they're also unbearably bad.
>>
>>7447477
Yeah sure kid, keep lying

Being a chef means doing something we've done several times a day since we discovered fire. It's the equivalent to being a prestigious ass-wiper. It's a scam and you're worth nothing in reality
>>
>>7448037

i could be convinced that a good enough ass-wiper was worth a tenner an hour
>>
To be an actual GOOD chef requires lots of experience and creativity.

That said, anyone who thinks highly of themselves because they're a glorified pan washer is a complete fucking idiot, and you really shouldn't associate with anyone who isn't in control of a kitchen unless they understand that their job is one that could easily be performed by a trained monkey.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.