[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why are udon noodles so disgusting?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: udonnoodles.jpg (265 KB, 500x394) Image search: [Google]
udonnoodles.jpg
265 KB, 500x394
why are udon noodles so disgusting?
>>
>>7446256

because you don't know how to cook noodles that doesn't come with a soup/cheese packet
>>
>>7446256
They aren't disgusting, they're just very thick and aren't great in a lot of dishes.

They're great when you've finished up your sukiyaki and then crack some eggs in and use the left over soup as a sauce
>>
>>7446256
They're not. Fuck off.
>>
>>7446278
Don't be thick. Udon noodles have a very peculiar texture. It's not surprising that someone doesn't like them.

Personally, I don't mind them for a few bites but I quickly get sick of them unlike other pastas and noodles where I can eat tons of it and still want more.
>>
>>7446289
They're great in almost every dish
>>
Why do Koreans eat Tteokbokki?

It's disgusting
>>
>>7446256
Why do you have such shit taste?
>>
>>7446301
The cold udon dish is fucking gross. I can't remember the name but my ex would eat it all the time in summer when she was being cheap as shit
>>
File: robble robble.png (348 KB, 1268x488) Image search: [Google]
robble robble.png
348 KB, 1268x488
>>
>>7446305
Tteokbokki is fucking delicious. you can't take the heat can you?
>>
Maybe they have no significant nutritional value. Are they a good source of fiber? Are they a good source of calcium? Are they a good source of whole grains?
>>
>>7447849
>are they a good source of fiber?
I had some stir fried pork udon last night and currently shitting it out in the toilet. It aas good though. Never again.
>>
I could be mistaken, but udon looks like junk food.
>>
File: 1424829046934.gif (2 MB, 200x172) Image search: [Google]
1424829046934.gif
2 MB, 200x172
>>7446691
>>
The simple (and the only correct) answer: because your tastes differ from those of the people who eat and enjoy udon noodles.
>>
File: image2.php.jpg (183 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image2.php.jpg
183 KB, 800x600
Udon is pretty boring IMO, the only good ones I've eaten has been in shikoku. Soba on the other hand is underrated as all funk.
>>
File: 16656784606_813da8c5a3_b.jpg (325 KB, 1024x726) Image search: [Google]
16656784606_813da8c5a3_b.jpg
325 KB, 1024x726
even fast food udon is great. i used to eat at marugame seimen almost every day when they opened near me.
>>
>>7446256
It's their texture. They refuse to absorb flavors, and when you bite into them they have a odd, rubbery sponge consistency.

You have to take them as they are and find something that compliments them, usually something light and refreshing, or crispy. It's a balancing act, I think it just falls into the Japanese style of food.

Most weebos go crazy for it, and can't figure out why it sucks, and they keep adding more crap to it wondering why it's always a mushy sad mess. on a side note, authentic Japanese would serve it with a raw egg, little or no broth, some kind of salty strong tasting paste, and a lot of diced green onions. and in modern times, it's usually served a lot like in OP's picture, by itself with condiment style stuff on the side.
>>
Udon sounds like something to eat after you already ate all your neccesary whole grains fiber, and nutrients for the the day.
>>
>>7448030
>Most weebos go crazy for it, and can't figure out why it sucks, and they keep adding more crap to it wondering why it's always a mushy sad mess. on a side note, authentic Japanese would serve it with a raw egg, little or no broth, some kind of salty strong tasting paste, and a lot of diced green onions. and in modern times, it's usually served a lot like in OP's picture, by itself with condiment style stuff on the side.
idk man you kind of sound like a weeb pretending to not be a weeb
>>
Nobody ever said udon is delicious.
>>
I really like udon noodles. I don't know why. I feel like it's really hard to fuck them up when making soup. I made a really nice udon soup with miso base. It was alright.
>>
>>7446256
Because its a meme spread by subhuman weaboos duh
>>
>>7446256
>Udon
>Disgusting

G-Guys, did I miss some this awesome new meme?

Seriously though, they're one of the most forgiving noodle variants that go great with either temperature. I can only assume anoyne who doesn't like them fucked up their own, tasted mediocre ones or is trolling.
>>
>>7446256
Yeah, I've never really liked it. Had one or two good ones, but I still dont like thick noodles.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.