[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What ingredient could I use to make a drink taste metallic? Say,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2
File: wb9Fu77.jpg (270 KB, 750x896) Image search: [Google]
wb9Fu77.jpg
270 KB, 750x896
What ingredient could I use to make a drink taste metallic? Say, if I was making a blood substitute.
>>
Add iron, obviously.
>>
>>7446136
I dunno how well it would dissolve. Can you even buy food grade powdered iron?
>>
>>7446131
I marinate pennies overnight to get that beautiful taste in my drinks.
Bout 3 dollars worth should do it.
>>
add ions
>>
>>7446141
you can probably buy some soluble iron salt, maybe ferric chloride
>>
>>7446165
I mean ferrous chloride, do not drink ferric chloride
>>
>>7446131
love nectar
>>
salty milk and pennies
>>
>>7446131
blackstrap molasses. a hugely underrated ingredient, mostly because of poor or copious implementation
>>
>>7446191
i have regular molasses in my pantry, what's the difference between the two?

atm my blood drink is a cup of black cherry juice + a pinch of salt but it's not quite there.
>>
steel reserve
>>
>>7446211
This nigga right here.
>>
>>7446211
what is that?
>>
>>7446203
"blackstrap" is synonymous with dark molasses, which is stronger in flavor and thicker than the more refined light molasses which you're likely to find a jar that's just labeled "molasses"
>>
>>7446267
Shitty Beer
>>
>>7446270
can you just dissolve it in a drink if it's so thick?
>>
>>7446384
sugar is highly soluble in water
>>
>>7446384
eventually...
>>
>>7446384
Previous anon got it, molasses dissolves in hot water. Just know that if you let it sit too long, undisturbed a lot of the solids will settle to the bottom of your mixture.
>>
>>7446406
>>7446393
>>7446388
Thanks, I don't know what it would taste good mixed with though.
>>
Mercury.
>>
>>7446420

You're mixing cherry juice with salt

it's not good tasting now either.
>>
>>7446131

what's that?

i'm more interested in why there's neat little squares of empty desert, not the big red pool thing.
>>
>>7446203
Are you one of those spiritual/cultural vampire people?
>>
>>7447385
its a belief in macrobiotics that eating food similar to your physiology is in turn healthy for that physiology. that so called 'blood drink' might be referring to something anti-anemic, or menstral in nature, although i know nothing of female voodoo

blackstrap molasses actually being a strong blood food. it is rich in many things found in your hepatic, and is taken for liver health often.

a recipe of mine is slab cut beets pickled in apple cider vinegar with spices and blackstrap molasses. the spices and molasses working against the acidity (vinegar will be completely reduded as well, to remove the ethereal sharpness of vinegar), and the molasses itself shares the incomprehensible deep color that beets have. the outcome is a very decadent slab that looks almost like a slice of liver, deep velvet

cooking with apple cider vinegar makes your house smell like a laboratory though
>>
>>7447375
it's a farm in Texas iirc

>>7447385
Nah I just think blood is neat.
>>
>>7446141
iron supplements. probably available as a food additive too. the corn flakes people have to get their iron additive from somewhere
>>
>>7447794
>>>7446141
>iron supplements. probably available as a food additive too. the corn flakes people have to get their iron additive from somewhere
Once I made iron tea from dissolving 200% daily intake iron pill, shit was irony.
>>
>>7446136
Nigga, you can become sick from too much iron. They took out iron from the generic Flintstones vitamins because kids would get sick from eating them like candy.
>>
warm apple pie
>>
>>7446131
Grow a pair and just drink blood. It's nutritious as hell man.
>>
>>7447996
I can't buy blood anywhere, the grocery stores around me don't sell it.
>>
>>7446131
Non-aluminum free baking power
>>
>>7446149
lmao
>>
>>7448065
You could try a butcher shop. I doubt they'd sell it to you if you told them you were going to drink it, though. Just give them some excuse. Ask for fresh blood.
>>
>>7448065
>not getting it for free

Do you even vampire ?
>>
>>7447375
http://agricultureproud.com/2014/10/28/what-happens-in-a-cattle-feedlot-explaining-aerial-images/

>>7448166
depends on where you live but this is a good suggestion. i work with some hmong people and they go to farms and butchers where people usually just buy particular cuts or ground meat. but many of the hmong ask to butcher their own animals, taking blood and organs home to cook.
>>
>>7448166
This. You can ask for pig blood, or any animal blood. Asian stores may have some too.
Find an excuse, it may help. Making blood pudding, or as a prop for a shot film or something.

And don't forget to report here on drinking actual blood. Some Anons may be interested. Disregard the ">>>/b/ your to edgy" trolls.
>>
>>7446131
Cast iron saucepans increase the iron content of water.
And copper kettles increase the copper content, which is probably much sharper tasting.

The real solution is to just buy blood; maybe boil it and strain it to sterilise.

>>7447398
Food rich in iron helps body functions that need iron.
All the ingredients for a healthy liver are already in something else's healthy liver.

Nothing "alternative" about this way of looking at nutrition.

>>7449005
Sanguinaccio dolce.
>>
>>7449081
who the fuck said alternative?
>>
File: 1443885515545.jpg (7 KB, 260x193) Image search: [Google]
1443885515545.jpg
7 KB, 260x193
>>7446171
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.