[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi all, Does anyone have any good ideas for food that I can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 1452380535277.jpg (42 KB, 630x471) Image search: [Google]
1452380535277.jpg
42 KB, 630x471
Hi all,

Does anyone have any good ideas for food that I can make the night before for a potluck?

Preferably something that is still good cold / warmed in a microwave (no oven available, this is happening at work).

Thanks
>>
>>7445321
Chili dip. Whether you make it out of high quality ingredients or canned chili/Velveeta is up to you. Either way, it reheats fine in the microwave. Everyone loves spicy cheesy dip with tortilla chips.
>>
>>7445321
Hummus and pita chips
>>
5 bags of oreos
>>
>>7445385

Sounds filling.
>>
File: 20151209_000555.jpg (4 MB, 3984x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151209_000555.jpg
4 MB, 3984x2988
>>7445321
Texas Caviar is always a hit. Pic related
>>
>>7445605
Serve with tostitos scoops
>>
Chicken cacciatore. Most stews are better the day after.
>>
>>7445321
Make cookies but be careful how much flour you use
>>
Anything in a crock pot will work. You do have power outlets where you work, right anon?
>>
>>7445605
Bean/pea to corn ratio is way off.
>>
File: kfciphone.jpg (108 KB, 970x611) Image search: [Google]
kfciphone.jpg
108 KB, 970x611
>>7445321
Wtf Japan?
http://www.cnet.com/news/so-kfc-japan-has-a-fried-chicken-iphone-case-too/
>>
>>7445682

I work at the bottom of a coal mine, so no.
>>
File: cooker.png (20 KB, 1125x244) Image search: [Google]
cooker.png
20 KB, 1125x244
>>7445818
>>
>>7445853

top kek
>>
>>7445818
>Something that can be warmed in a microwave
>No power outlets

So you have solar-powered microwaves at work, anon?
>>
>>7445866

We use radioisotope thermoelectric generators to run our microwaves down here.
>>
>>7445321
>Does anyone have any good ideas for food that I can make the night before for a potluck?
I make a tabbouleh salad (or any grain or marinated salad for that matter). They're good ice cold, so you want to do them ahead, and it makes the "health" or vegan or "on a diet" people damn happy.

1-2 boxes of Near East taboulleh mix (usually pick it up buy one get one sales), added to glass bowl with hot microwaved water. While grains absorb water and 30 mins cooling in fridge, prep add-ins. So, chop 3-4 tomatoes, or boy a crate of campari or grape (halve them). Chop a hothouse cucumber, or mini cucumbers. Zest and juice of 1-2 lemons. Cube a portion of feta, fresh mozzarella, or other fresh cheese. Drain jar of pitted black olives. Herb of choice. I like basil, but green onions, parsley, mint are all good options. Sometimes I drizzle a bit of olive oil. The boxed mixed has some mint within the seasoning packet. Fold it all gently together, can even combine the two bowls, and do it the next morning. To keep it cold during my commute, I toss a ziploc of ice below and above the bowl, til the work fridge. You can also store the whole thing in a ziploc for fridge space issues, until just before serving, and add to a pretty bowl at work. Fresh lemon brightens it up just before serving.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.